“Ok hotel, but better choices”

In Residence Bangkok Sukhumvit
Ranked #269 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Ok hotel, but better choices”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I know Bangkok well and have stayed in numerous hotels and would not stay here again. I booked a large suite. After we checked in I realized that we were given their smallest suite. I went down and questioned the staff and they were not very accommodating and were not apologetic at all. Eventually after providing all of my documentation to establish I had indeed paid for a large suite, we were given a new room. Bottom line, not worth getting the larger room. If you are going to stay here take the smaller suite, it is more than adequate and in fact, I preferred the lay out.

The staff were not very accommodating. Despite asking for a meter taxi to the airport they kept getting drivers who were asking outrageous amounts - it got incredibly annoying. Finally we got all of our stuff in a taxi after being assured he would use the meter and as soon as we left the hotel he refused to drop the meter. Getting room service was a bit of a chore, but the food was good. The breakfast is more than adequate but definitely does not compare to the spreads in other hotels in the area.

The worst part is the location. It's on one of the worst sois to walk down. You are better off walking around the corner and walking up Soi 11 than trying to navigate Soi 13. Although there is tuk tuk service it was never available. There is also construction literally outside the room.

For the money, it is a decent place. If you have children, I do not recommend it because of the location. Again, there are much better hotels to stay at in Bangkok - especially the Sukhumvit area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank AlaskaJim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

great location, easy walk to skytrain, local markets, shopping malls, soi cowboy
staff on reception and conceirge were excellent, we had breakfast every day for the 4 nights we stayed and couldnt fault the choice, room we had was one bed suite which was so spacious, pool area lovely, would def use again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharon e
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Aesthetically, it's a nice hotel, very well decorated, with comfortable and stylish rooms. For the most part, the staff were very kind, and the breakfast was also good. The free TukTuk shuttle was extremely helpful in quickly getting to the Sky Train. It's in a great location, too.

However, my stay hit a major snag when my phone was stolen out of my room. I had left it plugged into the charger when I went out for the day, only to come back and find it missing. The manager helped me search my room for it, and then said he would launch an investigation. They were more than apologetic for it, but did not offer me any compensation, which was extremely disappointing and even a little insulting. Moreover, the cleaning service neglected to clean my room the next day, and also would not take my dry cleaning.

I really expected better service from a hotel operated by the Radission. Needless to say, I will not be staying there again, and will contact Radisson corporate about my lost phone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Philly_traveller88
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Came to Bangkok for 2 nights and stayed at the in residence, the cab driver wasn't sure where it was so when giving directions say its also the Radisson, they should know it then.
Booked in and were shown our room, you have to touch the pad on the lift to gain access to the floors so that's a positive to keep unwanted visitors out, we opened our room and I was hit with a slight smell of damp, my partner didn't notice, a close inspection of the awesome shower showed signs of damp spores, once we showered the smell disappeared so no real issue.
The room is a good size and the beds are massive, accessibility to internet is via the tv which is a bonus and its free WiFi.
The hotel is located right in the centre of Bangkok, sprawling city and busy nights, we took a tuk tuk around but found that the sky train was the best value, also good aircon.
There is plenty to do but be prepared for an onslaught of street vendors pestering you for their products, free enterprise is rife in Bangkok.
I'd prob stay again but only as a stop over, one night in Bangkok.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 16 March 2014

CLASS ACT!
Some places just do everything right- but VERY few!
This hotel is the exception!
Great room, great staff, great food, even- rare in a BKK hotel- great internet!
Helpful business center, nice pool area, quiet and convenient location
Will be back for sure, can not recommend them highly enough.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

On arrival Reception were very attentive and aware of my e mailed request, good start.
Kindly upgraded my room but unfortunately the aircon in the bedroom was not working, despite a visit from the Technician and a subsequent promise that this was a news quieter model ( an excuse I believe) it still did not do the job. This meant another move across to the other block where the room was fabulous but again similar problem with aircon, never mind.
Apart from banging doors ( inconsiderate guests) the room was quiet, cleaned too a high standard daily and worth the extra.
Swimming pool kind of small and approximately 12 sun beds.
Gym was well equipped.
Staff extremely pleasant.
Breakfast had a reasonable variety but after 9.30 there was a lack of replenishment, breakfast finish at 10.30
Tuk Tuk service was good when around, do not always wait as sometimes it can be 20 minutes plus.
As mentioned before Taxi 's waiting outside try to rip you off, you are better waiting in the street for a passing cab, however the drivers are often selective.
For my needs the hotel was faultless. Thank you.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Larbert, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 night only.

The good: Our room was unavailable so we were upgraded to a suite which was comfortable and large. Hotel is part of the Radisson group so is well appointed with good staffing levels. Location is quiet considering you're in the middle of Bangkok. Good breakfast selection.

The not so good: Hotel location is quite far up Soi 13 so dragging suitcases from the Skytrain can be a pain. When I turned on the bath taps there was brown water. This cleared up quickly though. No odour so not sewage thank god.

The bad: Beware the taxi drivers near the hotel entrance. There's a group of 5-6 cars there and they will demand 500 baht flat rate to the airport (should be 300ish plus toll). I don't care about the extra few dollars, but I do object to being conned. We were lucky as a taxi dropped off a guest while we were there and we grabbed that taxi at usual rate.

Verdict: Good hotel at a very good price. Area has a mixture of restaurants and massage places. The usual really. Not far from Nana station.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be quiet. AC is also quiet and bed is soft.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple