“If you have to”

Princess Suvarnabhumi Airport Residence
Ranked #720 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Unhelpful, uninterested staff. I had to ask for bug spray as my room was full of ants- they grunted and handed me a spray without offering any help. Didn't get the room I booked - instead of a pool view deluxe I got a regular room with a view of the car park! Website stated it had a shuttle to a nearby shopping centre which they said was untrue. Breakfast was cold eggs. Only two chairs by the pool so most people had to lie on the ground.

The hotel is fine for what most people use it for but don't expect all the lavish promises of the website! Shower was hot and fine and the beds were big. From most of the reviews I've read most of the hotels around the area have similar issues so maybe it's the best of a bad lot.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Katiefunne

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We had just left Koh Chang 6 hours 15 mins away & stayed here on our last night in Thailand before our early morning flight the next day... Going dark when we arrived and dark when we left

Close to the airport, but located next to a river in the burbs of Bangkok (free transfer on our booking - 8Km's - 10 mins ) - but I did notice a price list in reception for hourly transfers (on the hour every hour) if this wasn't included in your booking fee (150Bht (£3) not sure if this is per person or not - probably Cheaper to wave a metered taxi down on the street if it is per person)

We booked two rooms without the breakfast option (1 x twin & 1 x double) the rooms are absolutely Huge, very clean decorated in neautral colors, with highly polished tiled floor and have great AC, TV, coffe making facilities and fridge, plenty of plug sockets for charging phones etc and red hot water in the shower... The bed was like sleeping on a concrete block it was that hard.

There is a good sized pool and a gym, but I can't comment on the quality of them as I didn't have time to sample them due to time constraints.

Reception were very helpful with aiding our pizza order from "The Pizza Company" a few blocks and half an hour delivery time away.
(Very nice by the way).

I would stay here again in a transient capacity for 1 night, as 1night on that rock hard bed is all I could take.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Thebates22
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We rayed here for one night before traveling into the rest of Thailand. For $20 for a double we had a nice shower and good sized room. Restaurant food was mediocre but very cheap. Bed was uncomfortable but for $20 I feel like we got a good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My partner and I's 1.5 day stay ended in a shouting match in the lobby because they insisted we needed to pay for a triple room after a friend that lives in Bangkok came to meet us for coffee at the hotel before we left for the airport to catch our flight. She spent maybe 10 minutes maximum in our room.

They eventually backed down, but not before both of the "ladies" behind the front desk had properly screamed at us at the top of their lungs. While the manager made insulting personal comments about us in Thai assuming that we couldn't understand her.

I have travelled all of the world and have stayed in every class of hotel, but I have never in my life witnessed such appalling behaviour.

This is after they flatly refused to help us find a taxi and insisted that we use their private transport service which would have cost us 5x the amount of the taxi fare to the airport.

And to top it off their internet was almost unusably slow and the water barely warm.

The only nice thing about our stay were the funny cleaning ladies.

There are MUCH better airport hotels for the same price.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank bxfresh220
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I checked in here yesterday as I fly back to the UK tonight. This new and modern hotel is ideal in a lovely position overlooking the river. There is a good sized swimming pool and the rooms are modern and very large. Pricewise an incredible deal at 450 baht (£9). There is a traditional Thai restaurant on the banks of the river serving excellent food. Also the hotel is in easy walking distance of a Tesco Express and a Big C Mini. Check in with Khun Nong the friendly young lady on reception was quick and efficient. I reckon I was in my room within five minutes of entering the hotel. Very impressed and would certainly consider staying here again should the need arise.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank herbalj
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We landed in Bangkok and were convinced by a taxi this was a better place. We were new and easily tricked. The walk in price was $60 and the stay was horrible there was banging outside the door and at one point someone was leaning against our door pushing on it. Beds felt like box springs. Then when we went to leave the front desk negotiated us a taxi for a great deal 800baht for a 20min drive. Learned our lesson our first night in Bangkok . I would recommend keeping away from here

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Wince88
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed one night, was what we expected, large room, two large beds, clean, basic and good value for what we paid, £16.00 per room. Would be nice if reception staff actually smiled and acknowledged you when checking you in and out!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends