“Too Small as a Museum”

Bangkok Seashell Museum
Ranked #177 of 530 things to do in Bangkok
“Too Small as a Museum”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I didnt realize this building was a museum. This museum located on the 3 floors office building. But i guess its too hard to call it as a museum. The space are too small. I though this museum will be present a shell collection from thailand native. But they arent.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Easy to find, as it's exactly opposite Novotel, this little museum is quite a gem. 3 floors filled with rows and rows of fascinating seashells collected from around the world! Colours, shapes and designs you would never have imagined! This place makes you wonder at the marvels of nature. It's a lovely museum, quiet and devoid of tourists. When I visited, we were the ONLY visitors at the time! Also, there's stuff to buy at the reception - jewelry made from seashells, shells, fridge magnets etc. for affordable prices. Make sure you visit this little museum on your visit to Silom!

Visited May 2013
Den Haag, NL
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“The fantastic Bangkok Seashell Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

have been always fascinated by seashells. My first encounter was if I rememeber right aroud the age of 3-4. My grandmother has this huge and shiny cone (almost the size of a kids head) and I simply loved to put it on my ear and "listen to the sea"... Since then every time on the sea coast I could spend hours collecting and watching shells. Thats why when I passed by the 4-year-old Bangkok Seashell Museum I did not need to wonder any minute. The 3-floor-exhibition is simply mindblowing (absolutely fantastic colours and unusual shapes), it is everything else than similar to the European shells. Most of the exponates originate from Thailand, Philippines and other Asian countries. On the last floor there are also some fresh water shells and rain snails in unexpected colours. Definitely worth a visit!

More on my blog:

Visited December 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Beautiful collection of shells”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

This museum deserves more visitors. They have a interesting and beautiful collection of shells.
I took many photos. Silom Road, opposite Novotel hotel.

Visited February 2013
Anna Maria Island, Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Loved this museum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

I was lucky to have found this seashell museum by accident. If you have any interest in seashells, don't miss this spot. I really enjoyed it & let myself wander for at least 90 min. The staff were great - friendly, helpful. The museum has a large & diverse collection of seashells. I think it was 3 floors [maybe 4]. In fact, it even includes some beautiful shells from land snails. Most of the information boards are in English & Thai.

Visited February 2013