“Had a great time at Maliwan” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$38.76*
and up
Thai Cooking Class with Local Market Visit
More attraction details
Owner description: At Maliwan Thai Cooking Class, we offer the art of Thai culinary cooking. The workspace is a unique venue that’s well equipped for hands-on Thai cuisine experience. You’ll be delighted with a nice panoramic view, a cozy and relaxed atmosphere. With no more than eight to a group for half a day course, the English-speaking Thai instructure will guide you through the fresh and flavoursome Thai dishes.
Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Had a great time at Maliwan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter booked this cooking course as a holiday surprise for me. This is our first time taking cooking lesson and we had a great time.
Applause to Mae our instructor for her good English and wonderful explanation and instruction. Whether at the market or during cooking, we took everything in with great interest.
The place was clean and lesson well prepared. All utensils and ingredients properly laid out and all we had to do was just follow and do. But we were given the choice to add or reduce according to our taste preference which was great.
The best part was when we sat down to eat the dishes we cooked, there was pride and satisfaction but I was a little disappointed as my dish was not as tasty as Mae's as I did cut down on the chillies and spices thinking it would be too much to me. But after tasting, I should have bravely added all the ingredients, haha!
We both enjoyed the 4 hours thoroughly and am thinking of returning and learning to cook other dishes the next time we visit to Bangkok.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Winnie L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Byron Bay, Australia
“AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Had the most amazing afternoon here - fantastic teacher, incredible food! Highly recommend. I lost my recipes though so if anyone from Maliwan sees this is there any way I can get the copies of the recipes from you so I can cook the amazing food again at home?! Please!!

Maliwan a, Owner at Maliwan Thai Cooking Class, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello

Thank you very much for your review. Regarding your recipes, please send us an email at cs@maliwancooking.com and indicate your booking no. or date of attending. We will send the files through your email.

Kind regards,
Maliwan
Hull, UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great staff, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

A very nice morning going round the markets to get some of our ingredients with our guide explaning the unusual itrms on the stalls, followed by cooking and eating four items and eating them in air conditioned comfort.Clean freindly and very tasty.

Nonthaburi, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best thing I've done in Thailand so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I don't usually write reviews but this lass deserves to be fully booked every single class.

When I arrived it turned out I was the only one booked in for the class, but instead of turning me away or asking me to re-book for a different class I received a one-on-one lesson and tour of the market, something that I am sure a lot of companies would not do.

I looked at information for every cooking class in the same area and Maliwan had the most appealing menu and lowest price, a very respectable 1250baht for a 4-hour workshop including the market tour, fresh ingredients and 5 dishes to cook and eat.

I've been living in Thailand for 4 months and have seen and bought from a lot of markets, and yet I still learned a lot on the trip she took me on.

The cooking part of the class was excellent. The ingredients were fresh and everything was very organised and well-prepared. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and Mae (the teacher) was brilliant, showing me chopping techniques and taking everything at a good pace so I wouldn't get lost. She allowed me to cook my dishes exactly as I wanted to, especially when it came to the curry dish where I chose how much meat/potatoes I wished to add and how thick I wanted the sauce.

Great location, as the majority of tourists will be familiar with Khao San Road - I was able to get a free bus from my apartment in Nonthaburi, an hour away, result!

Overall it was a highly enjoyable afternoon where I learned a lot, ate a lot and didn't break the bank in the process. I will definitely be back to try a different course.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Fluffytattie
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loved the trip the the market”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I expected the cooking class to be a fun learning session -- and it was. The trip to and through the market was the best. We learned so much about the local produce and fish! We have been through markets around the world -- often not knowing what we were looking at -- this was great.

Visited January 2014