“One of the Best”

Greyhound Cafe
Ranked #800 of 10,686 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a restaurant we would make a trip for every time when we visit Bangkok. The fusion approach: using "western" ingredients, e.g. pan stirred spaghetti in Thai style is the major attraction. The chicken wing is a dish you don't want to miss. Price is very reasonable and service is efficient. Highly recommended for those who are not fancy about street food or food court.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
“Excellent scallops”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We needed a place to rest our feet from shopping. This place was crowded but we managed to get a table for 2.

We ordered a drink Passionfruit something and it was refreshing. Warm buns were served free.
Also ordered a starter and 2 mains. But the tomato bruschetta came last as a starter. It took quite a while that we thought they forgot about it!

The mussel and clams with 4 slices of bread arrived first. Hubby loved it. But some clams were uncooked cos they did not open up. Quite a waste.

I had 4 beautifully cooked scallops with grilled zucchini and eggplant and mash potato in a pesto sauce. Awesome!

The bruschetta was a shock because it was spicy! Don't know why. I suggest you let the server know if you cannot take spicy food.

Will go back. There are other branches throughout Bangkok but we only tried this one at Emporium.

• Visited May 2014
“extremely poor service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I visited the greyhound cafe in the Emporium tonight. Our service was the worst we have ever experienced anywhere. Having been shown to our table we waited as 4 tables that were seated after us had their orders taken.we finally had to call a waiter to take our order. We both ordered drinks, starters and a main course.after some time a waiter arrived at our table with my wifes Main course.my starter arrived and eventually my wife called a waiter to enquire about her starter, this arrived as I was finishing my starter.My main course arrived at least 5 mins before my wifes, her original plate that had obviously been in the microwave.It was obvious that the staff were completely disinterested in serving us to any sort of reasonable standard. We will never return

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank 214barbara
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Thai with a twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I really enjoyed the food which was delicious and inventive. Everything we had without an exemption was perfect. Just loved it!!!

• Visited August 2013
Bangkok
“Hip place for lunch but very busy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Greyhound Cafes are strategically located in some of Bangkok's poshest malls. The branch in the Emporium is a fine representation of the positioning - hip, large and mixed menu, modern decor. Having a meal at a Greyhound is to enjoy good food as well as to be seen. It attracts a well-heeled crowd.
The Emporium branch was full at lunchtime when I got there. After about 10 minutes, I was shown to the table. I ordered Complicated Noodles. The food was really slow to emerge from the kitchen, over 25 minutes. First lesson learned - don't go to this branch for lunch. Though the staff tried to keep up, this place was just too popular.
The dish was good but not great. You get fresh lettuce and vegetables with noodle sheets and a bowl of cooked minced pork. While the presentation was clean and nice, everything did not come together somehow. Complicated Noodles turned out to be a far better heavy snack than a proper lunch.
The location on the third floor of the mall had easy access to the BTS. However, you wishes for a bigger space, even though there were extra tables on the balcony outside the restaurant.
Overall, the wide selection of pastas, burgers and unusual Thai dishes make a visit to Greyhound an interesting if tiring experience.

• Visited March 2014