“Great boutique hotel for its price!”

The Moonite Boutique Hotel
Ranked #121 of 650 Bangkok B&B and Inns
“Great boutique hotel for its price!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Very clean and new, great value! Location within walking distance from train station. However, most of the cab drivers are not familiar with the hotel location. Nonetheless, train ride will suffice! Love the rooms!

• Stayed January 2013
Ken W, Owner at The Moonite Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for your compliments. We will keep up the good work and hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Nong Prue, Thailand
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

I had a job interview early morning at the British Embassy so we decided to go up the night before. The hotel is about 8 Minute walk from Phloen Chit BTS (exit1) onto wireless road. The embassy is about 4 minute walk from the hotel which was ideal for me in a suit & tie in 100% humidity and 32 C. There is a Central Mall about 15 minutes away for a bit of shopping and a snack and the infamous Nana Plaza is 15 minutes the opposite way on foot or one stop on the BTS. I wasn't there to party and it's a little expensive for what you can get in Bangkok but it was the perfect location for me and I got the job!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mo M
Ken W, Owner at The Moonite Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your comments! We will review our rates and hope to see you in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Decided to try this boutique hotel after reading many great reviews, and booked a mini for 3 nights. Arrived just before 12 noon, and hope I could check in earlier, but staff says I cannot check in yet, as there are still guests in the room. As there is nothing nearby, and i was lazy to roam around, i decide to sit in the lobby and wait for my checkin. 1 hour later, i got my keys, and NOBODY check out during that 1 hr. I was like.... DUHZ... since the room was empty, couldn't the staff be empowered to do an early check in?? If there are people in the room, i can understand. But to wait till 1pm to let me check in, it's so inflexible.

Location wise, it was not really ideal. It took me 10 mins brisk walk from Phloenchit BTS to reach the hotel. Not an ideal place to stay if you are coming BKK for shopping. The other way is to cross over the river from Petchaburi Road or take the River Taxi. Would recommend this hotel if you need to be at the british or swiss embassy. Anyway if you are looking for wireless road, you would not find this name on the road signs on the road. Look for Wittayu (aka Wireless) instead. There's a motorbike service station just on the left of the hotel (that's if you are lazy to walk) to ride to your destination.

Ammenities outside of the hotel wise, there isn't any other restaurants or shops or anything nearby. The nearest would probably be on the next road (Chitlom road). It would be easier if you ask the cab/tuk-tuk driver to go to Swissotel Nai Lert Park, as it is directly opposite Moonite hotel.

Rooms are Great. Modern, basic and clean, all the standard stuff(mini fridge, rain shower, etc) you need is available in the room. Bed was comfy and room was sufficient for 2 persons. Though I booked a mini room, it did not feel and look like a budget hotel at all, after all it is 3* hotel, the rooms were already ABOVE my expectations. The only thing is that for the "X-02" rooms, the toilets are REALLY small as the placement of the toiletbowl partially blocks the exit/entrance of the shower area. I have to walk side ways out from the shower.

Breakfast was fantastic. They have different variation for their menu, through out my stay there. Not expected from a 3* hotel, thus it's impressive. Mixed of thai and international breakfast (eggs, pancakes etc on request)
Did not really chat with the staff or have much encounter with them, but they were friendly whenever i asked them something.

There's a roof balcony on the 5th floor, a pity that nothing is done up. Could be a potential roof top bar , etc

Tried to ask for a later check out but was denied, stating that there were guests booking my particular room, so I checked out at 11 am instead. Guess this hotel is really running at full occupancy everyday. Overall, Moonite hotel is value for money, great rooms and breakfast, a pity that location is not so ideal.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank EdwinLau
Ken W, Owner at The Moonite Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Thank you for your cooment! As your request on early check in, maybe the previous customer just checked out before your arrival and the house keeping is in the proccess of cleaning the room, so you may not see any checked out customer but the room is not ready. I apologize for your time of waiting and misinformed of our staff. We will trained our staff to give the information properly and improve the speed of cleaning the rooms. Hope you have the opportunity to see our improvement in the near future.
Johor bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed 6 nights at this hotel with my friends. The Room was clean and comfort. The left hand side of the hotel was an walking distance about 10 min to the BTS station Phloen Chit which was a bit far. However, the right hand side from the hotel it just a few steps u can take the ferry (Wittayu Pier) to the place u want (example : only 2 stops can reach Pratunam area, next few stops will see Jim Thompson Museum, go the the Grand Place by the end of the pier and take the taxi is cheaper). Taking boat is cheaper than BTS rather than u choose other accommodation in Pratunam area which is very far to BTS station and Pier. The hotel breakfast was good. Not every taxi driver knows this hotel, must mentioned the hotel map and tell the taxi driver the hotel road is located in Wittayu Road instead of Wireless Road. Housekeeping was not really good, sometimes forgot to replace toothpaste and bathroom floor towel for my room. This hotel don't have any nearby convenience store and restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Ken W, Owner at The Moonite Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you for your compliment and I appologize for not replacing the amentities properly in your room. We will inform our house keeping to be more careful in the future. Hope you will visit us again in the near future to witness our improvement.
LED
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Originally, I only intended to stay 4 nights at the Moonite but extended my stay to 1 week upon check-in. The hotel immediately produced a very good impression: it was small, cozy and clean, and the staff at reception were amazing.

I arrived late in the evening, and was upgraded from a 'midi' to a 'maxi' room for free because all the 'midi's' were occupied. I was told I would have to move to a 'midi' in a couple of days, but when I said, I would prefer to stay at the 'maxi' for the entire week, I was offered a very good rate. I also found it pleasant and professional that I wasn't asked to pay for the room upfront and/or for a deposit of any kind, as at many other Bangkok hotels (especially, when booked via booking.com, it seems). This just makes one feel welcome as opposed to like one is out there to steal or break something, and run away without paying.

The check-in was fast and smooth, and my room was perfect for a solo traveler: quite small but intelligently laid-out, pleasantly-designed, immaculately clean and cozy. The bed was very comfortable. The shower was fantastic, with good water pressure. The cleaning service couldn't be faulted. The only minor annoyance was the strange noise occasionally coming from the air-conditioner. Otherwise, the room and the hotel were quiet and very peaceful. I can't comment on the hotel breakfast: although it was included in the price, I never took advantage of that.

I my opinion, the Moonite actually has a very convenient location. Wireless Road is a one-way street, and one has to walk in the opposite direction of the traffic to get to the nearest BTS station (so, no taxi/tuk-tuk to BTS), but it's neither a long nor an unpleasant walk - just around 10 minues (at the the first intersection). Central Chidlom is about 15 minutes away on foot, and if you continue walking past it for another 10 minutes, you'll find yourself at Central World and Siam Paragon before you know it. Lots of coffee shops, 7/11s etc along the way. Taxi drivers don't know the Moonite, and the map on the back of the hotel's card doesn't seem to help. However, given that Wireless Road is a one-way street, the hotel is hard to miss if just tell the driver you're going to Witthayu, and keep going just a little past the tall Sivatel.

I have stayed at many hotels in Bangkok. The Moonite was the first 3* hotel I chose in the city, and I had been worried about it being a poor choice: I booked last-minute and none of my preferred accommodations had availability; I was wondering why Moonite did... And I still wonder, because it is a fantastic property, especially so for its modest 3* category. It's uncompromisingly comfortable, clean, welcoming and professional - despite being really good value-for-money. A true hidden gem! The Moonite is a hotel I recommend very highly and will definitely stay at again!

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend a 'mini' or a 'midi' room for more than one person to stay...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 6thSymphony
Ken W, Owner at The Moonite Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for your compliments. We are honored that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We will look into the matter of noise. Hope to serve you in the near future.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Great staffs with pleasant service to make help guest make their stay comfortable.
Hotel is clean and comfy but a little small, but worth the value you pay for.

Cons:
Nearby eatery and convenience store is limited and takes up to 15minutes walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Raymond T
Thank you for your comments. We will try to keep our good work. Hope to see you in the near future.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This hotel is nicely located, about 7 min walk from E2 metro station. On a quiet street but with a lot of taxis passing by. The hotel itself has a modern look, beds are comfortable, bathroom has a walk in shower, strong water pressure. Hotel staff in the morning were very helpful, one of them a male helped us get around and gave us tips. Another female staff lady, pulled over a taxi over for us. Would definitely stay here again, for what we paid for 3 nights it was very acceptable and lived up to the expectations. We actually were able to walk from this hotel to Bumrungrad Hospital.
Definitely stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Ken W, Owner at The Moonite Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for your compliments. We definately welcome you to visit us again. We will keep our good work.