“Excellent”

Ideal Hotel Pratunam
Ranked #90 of 733 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We checked in hurriedly on the evening of 3rd of June, I was desperately trying to get into the room because my wife had food poisoning the night before at Patong Phuket. The staff were very helpful to help us with our luggage.
Once I rested my wife my immediate thoughts was to get to a pharmacy to get her some medicine, my wife was in pain. I went down to the reception and seek for help and I met this kind man who was just about to take his hot noodles. After I explained to him what happened about my wife, he without hesitation reached to his bag and pulled out a stack of charcoal tablets and explained in perfect English how this will help my wife. He gave me an assurance and a big smile that I will never forget. I wanted to pay for the charcoal but he refuses to accept. He has almost forgotten his noodles and kept explaining to me that the charcoal will help. He's a very kind hearty man...and I found out he is the owner and he is Vincent. God bless you Vincent and we will definitely be back.
For those first timer contemplating to come to Bangkok this is the only Boutique Hotel you should stay, it's a clean new room everyday, good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, best location for shopping and Excellent Service.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank healpat

Reviewed 4 June 2013

My hubby and I travelled with my inlaws and an uncle. So its triple sharing for them and we got our own. I would say pay a little more for a window room does good because the no window room I shared with my hubby rm 301, there was sewage smell on the 2nd day, its like waking up with the sewage at your nose. Also we could smell the bacon early in the morning. We didn't like it. Also avoid wearing the bedroom slippers into the bathroom (slip of my hubby's mind) and yes he slipped. It was loud thud, but thank god he wasn't hurt. So please please be really mindful not to wear the slippers in. I love the size of the room, and its king size bed but not the mattress, too hard, the pillows were uhmm consider slightly below good.

We love the free bottles of water at your convenience. The breakfast although not fanciful but can give you a good start, but you be too full to try others at lunch. My advice go really light so that you can try other foods! Oh they provided Meiji bottled milk too!

The saving grace comes from the nearby Platinum and Central Plaza so it kept the folks entertained. We tried the wanton mee and pork leg, to me so so only. Honestly, I think the one-stop Platinum is really enough to eat and shop, because after the 3rd day, you realised all food tastes the same. Prices may be higher though for shopping. Suggest to take taxi to CTC, no need to take the BTS. We also tried to go Asiatique but its a bad idea to travel with old folks, cos the taxi to BTS, BTS to ferry is a mood spoiler. Something like our Clarke Quay but much much nicer. The massage opposite the 7-eleven IMO is below par in terms of atmosphere but the masseuse that I had was really good! Look out for a short short plump plump girl, very nice to be massaged by her cos she is like a cushion.

If its only me and my hubby, I would pay SGD$120 to stay in the new Centara hotel. But if the next time I want to save more for shopping, actually Ideal Pratunum is the best of the budget hotel I have ever been to. It will have to be the room with the window at higher floors.

For Singaporeans, I suggest try lah!

Room Tip: higher floors with window
Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DrChloe
Reviewed 30 May 2013

stay 5days in this small hotel. room are not as cramped like those small boutique hotels. its still can accomodate your luggage and an extra bed.
location is in the middle of pratunam wholesale district. its like 30 seconds walk then you were there in the middle of those fashion wholesale jungle. :)
the staff are very welcome if you'd like to chit chat and relax in the lobby. where they had prepared a microwave, hot water for coffe and tea,mineral water, also instant noodle (self service) . and its 24x7x365.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Located just opposite platinum fashion mall, behind shibuya 19. Starbucks, McDonald and 7-11 just outside the hotel. Night market selling local food, handmade stuff, bags, clothes at quite reasonable price. Hotel staff done the housekeeping daily. Overall environment is very clean and all the staff are very friendly. They served simple breakfast but overall is very nice. Free wifi is available in the room. I like the wooden flooring in the room and no need to wear disposable slipper provided.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PineOng
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My Family and I stayed there during 5-7 April 2013. We got 3 rooms and it was without hassle and the price is super affordable! Check-in was a breeze and very soon we were all getting into our rooms. The rooms are pretty clean and without any foul smell. Good thing is there is free wifi and the connection is reasonably fast.

Love the fact that they provide instant noodle, coffee, tea and bottled mineral water at the lobby round the clock for free. The hotel is located conveniently to shopping heaven like Platinum fashion mall and the hotel is just right behind the new mall, Shibuya 19. It is within walking distance to central mall and Big C too.

If you plan to go all out for shopping and eating then I would recommend this hotel but if you are looking for more luxurious hotel and people to service you, then probably you would want to try other hotel.

Room Tip: Having rooms with windows and without windows makes not much difference as you will not get a very a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andytanmh
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stayed here from 23 - 27 March 2013. This hotel was amazing. Read reviews of this hotel and decided to try it. My mum and grandma really loved it! 24/7 free bottled water and instant noodles in the lobby. My family and I feel really home in this hotel. Staff was polite and helpful.

Room was clean and bright. Room size was just right for 2 person. My family occupied 2 rooms. Rooms 402 & 405. Both rooms were great and with windows. Breakfast was simple and delicious. The owner, Vincent, was very helpful and gave us tips on how to go to Asiatique.

Location is good. All taxi drivers knows this place, as long as you tell them 'Petchburi Soi 19'. Hotel is not very hard to find. Taxi drivers might not know the hotel but you can direct them when you reach Soi 19. It is in a small alley on the left side in the Soi 19. The Hotel is right in a street, opposite of Platinum Shopping Mall. They have a very famous and delicious Wanton Mee & Braised Pork Knuckle Rice along the street (on the right side of soi 19, few stores from the gold jewellery shop). Further down towards the inside of soi 19, there is a money changer that gives higher rates than other money changer and banks. 7 Eleven was just 3 mins walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Saman73
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

Shop shop till you drop from this location as the hotel is surrounded by lots and lots of shopping. BKK is shopping Mecca and this hotel is in a great location. The price I paid was good rooms good size and provide all the basic amenities. Staff are great and my mattress was so nice. I do recommend people stay here based on the price and location

• Stayed: March 2013