“Great but I'll look for a better location hotel”

Asoke Residence Sukhumvit
Ranked #61 of 1,283 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed 4 days with friends - 4th floor, junior suite.

It's very clean and the suite has either king bed or twin bed, living room with kitchen and dining table, some suites has a balcony.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Then again, Thai people are friendly in general and very respectful.

I think if I'm going to Bangkok again I'd book somewhere closer to malls and markets like MBK and Platinum malls, or night market where you can bargain until you drop! Whole sale prices.

This hotel's location isn't too bad especially if you walk a lot.. It's around 20 minutes walk to terminal 21 mall (very nice mall but expensive) it's also not too far from Nana area. However, to move around these areas by taxi means you'll stuck in traffic for 45-60 minutes in a ride that would take 10 minutes without traffic.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Asoke Residence Sukhumvit

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I booked a one-bedroom suite for one night initially. The staff was very friendly and helpful right from the check-in. There was some construction activity in the building literally next door from the hotel, so it was causing a lot of noise..They upgraded us to a two-bedroom suite immediately and overall, made our stay very pleasant.. Eventually we decided to stay once again at the same property on our way back from Pattaya.... The breakfast in the morning is sumptuous, tasty and filling..... Overall, a very nice experience, will definitely recommend.....

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower that has the coffee shop/gym will be quieter so definitely ask for those ...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great hotel for the price. Staff we're very friendly. Room was big and clean and comfy beds.mIt's a 10-15 minute walk to the skytrain. Hotel is off the main road so very quiet. Breakfast was good, with a big selection.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Antb94
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My stay at Asoke didn't start off great. I arrived around 11pm after a 9 hour flight which had been delayed by 2 hours. Due to the curfew I missed the airport train and was a bit frazzled when I arrived. The night receptionist was not very warm nor was his English speaking up to par. He didn't even carry my bag to my room. I guess I'd hoped for a more welcoming reception.

Despite my initial feeling of dissapointment my 3 day stay was fabulous. The lobby, pool area and cafe were all delightful areas. Most of the other front desk staff were more fluent in English and helpful. I was also impressed that they let me use the gym early in the morning, before the official opening hours.

The gym itself was great although it could do with providing workout towels and/or antibacterial spray. The buffet breakfast had a small range but enough to satisfy most palates. Four to five Asian dishes, yoghurt, 3 cereals, breads, salad, fruit and eggs plus sides cooked to order.

One small gripe was no hand towels in my room although the towels were very soft. Bed was comfortable and room was clean.

Even though located down an alley I felt very safe at the Asoke Residence. I also appreciated it being quieter and more tranquil than bigger hotels. Close to subway and plenty of eating options minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Avon369
Reviewed 26 May 2014

All the staff are very friendly and helpful especially Paul, the hotel manager. He helped me with my lost keys. His prompt action is greatly appreciated.
I enjoyed my stay there and I would recommend it to my family members and friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sherine_W
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here on a work trip to BKK for 2 nights. It is located in a busy place in the midst of a lot of action! But the hotel itself is situated away from the main road and hence is quite and peaceful. The room was clean, nothing great, but decent and value for money. The bathroom was better, looks like it has been refurbished more recently. The breakfast was good, not a huge spread, but whatever was there, was fresh, tasty and sufficient. The staff at the reception were very friendly, promptly helping with requests from the guests for taxis, directions, advise on where to go etc. Would recommend it as a good value for money option. The Terminal 21 shopping mall close-by is a good place to spend an evening. It has some very good restaurants, shops and a nice movie hall on the top most level.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Was really comfortable for us to stay in Asoke Residence Sikhumvit, we took a taxi from the airport to the hotel and we paid 350 bath because we didn't know that the train station is so close and it cost arround 40 bath per person. Everything you can go by subway, easy, comfortable and much more fast and cheep that taxi. There is also 50 meters. from the hotel a supermarket and the hotel have kitchen so you have the posibility to cook for your self, the breakfast is very good, and the people in the hostel are very kind, the room is big and conftable. the prices of the room are very accesible.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple