“Exceeds expectations”

Ranked #6 of 641 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Exceeds expectations”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Having booked this homestay based on tripadvisor ratings, I was expecting it to be nice. What I got far exceeded all my expectations.

This homestay is beautifully appointed. The room was an excellent size (4th floor), VERY clean, and had everything one would need for a great stay. Friday was stocked with water. Soap and shampoo were in large refillable bottles, and were a nice quality. The terrace/balcony had real bamboo and was a great place to lounge. Towels were soft. Coat hangers, glasses, q-tips...even an electronic mosquito killer (which I didn't need). I have to stress how clean the room was - it was perfect.

Across the hall was a small kitchenette complete with kettle, microwave, toaster, snacks and everything you need. There is also a small freezer where you can purchase treats or frozen dinner type meals (20 - 80THB). For breakfast, cereal, pastries and toast were set out. When I had my 4am departure, pastries were ready and waiting for me!

The owners are beautiful hosts who truly love what they do. They are very attentive to detail and are always ready to help if you have questions.

The location is quite good. It's not in the centre of it all, however, it's not too far off either. It's on the west side, just east of the old city. Short cab ride to all the temples, or you can walk. Khao San Road is about 15 minutes or so. Beware though, the roads are a little confusing. Get a GOOD MAP that has detail on it. Many of the tourist maps skip a lot of little streets.

Overall, I highly suggest this place. It made my time in Bangkok truly memorable, and knowing that I was supporting Thai local people made me feel even better about this stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravellerDavy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Have just spent two nights at Loog Choob having stumbled across it on Tripadvisor and it was brilliant. The welcome was perfect and the place is amazing. You feel completely relaxed and at home immediately. It is bit out of the way of the tourist parts of Bangkok but if you want genuine Bangkok life - night markets, street food etc. you just have to step out the door and explore.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanenClare
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 March 2014

On our way to Bhutan we spent a few days in Bangkok, staying at Loog Choob. Very helpful staff, beautifully designed building and rooms. Wonderful roof deck with views of the skyline.
We found the staff to be very helpful. They really saved us when we overslept for our pickup to the airport. This was every traveler nightmare. We set the clock incorrectly for our 2 am flight. Fortunately we were awakened by the staff and we hopped in the taxi and made it on time. Thanks to the people at Loob Choob Homestay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at the hotel for 3 nites. The room was small but it was lovely and new and kept clean always. The manager was so helpful, he showed us the direction to Mega Complex and many other local attractions. The hotem location was excellent,too.

• Stayed March 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Suffice to say, my friends and I didn't want to leave the hotel after 3 days in Bangkok. It is one lovely boutique hotel tucked away from the usual hustle and bustle of Bangkok. We didn't mind that it was not near the train stations or the shopping malls because the vicinity is quiet and peaceful - just the way we like it. After all, getting around in Bangkok is quite easy and cheap.
The wonderful staff was very accommodating and helpful, especially with our queries about getting around, where to eat and what places to avoid during the Bangkok Shutdown period. They got everything that we need - movies, luggage scale, simple breakfast, complete guides to the city. And did I mention that the rooms are exquisite considering the price we paid for? Total winner. :) They even allowed us to stay way beyond our check-out time (because our flight schedule is still late in the evening). I don't say this a lot for the hotels I book in other countries - I usually would like to try out other hotels the next time I visit a place - but if I find myself in Bangkok again, I would still definitely stay in Loogchoob. It's probably the best accommodation I had in years and it was worth every Baht we paid for. :))

Room Tip: If you're a group of 3-4 friends travelling on a budget, you can actually fit in the Junior suit...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a small family-run hotel in downtown Bangkok. It is a fully-renovated building and the facilities are excellent. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very nice with all modern amenities and fixtures. Rooms have an outdoor area. The common areas are really inviting (library, office, lounge, kitchens, rooftop, etc.)

Room Tip: 3rd party ATM machines in Bangkok charge a hefty fee. Try to avoid them and use proper bank machines...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Loog Choob Homestay was a really nice play to stay in Bangkok. It is located close to the old centre of Bangkok. The Thai people speak very well English and have great advice for good places to eat and where to go in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family