“Family retreat in Bangkok!”

Loog Choob Homestay
Ranked #8 of 756 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This wonderful guest house is a must for families coming to Bangkok! Spacious, amazing arty decor, the best shower I have ever used with friendly hosts! The family suite comes with an amazing terrace and a huge living kitchen area that is communal but as the guesthouse has limited rooms we hardly saw anyone! Perfect for 2 families travelling together! I highly recommend this guest house coming from a couple who have been to Thailand around 20 times!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a beautiful, architectural gem in the middle of a nice neighborhood in Bangkok. Our room's balcony faced the canal, and the rooftop patio was an amazing place to see the city skyline and have a drink. It feels like you're staying in an artists' residency or something along those lines, rather than at a standard hotel. It's away from the touristy parts, and sometimes taxis have a hard time finding it, but the handout they give you to show the taxi drivers has a phone number so they can call the hotel to clarify directions. You should definitely be sure to have all your plans carefully sorted if you stay; I only say this because I foolishly misread my flight time, and realized at the last minute that I needed to be at the airport in an hour, and it's not like a standard hotel where the front desk is open 24/7. But, the other workers called the owner who came straight over, they called a taxi, and basically took care of everything. I made my flight in plenty of time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jt1569
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here on 2 separate nights, with a trip to Ayuthaya in between. Our first night was in a standard room, which was WAY bigger than we would've gotten from a hotel that would've charged double. We spent our second night in the Junior Suite that had an immense bathroom with a stand-alone tub along his and hers sinks. It also had access to an outdoor lounge and a rooftop deck with a great view of the city.

Loog Choob's quirky design and excellent service from the family who owns and stays in the same building more than makes up for the out-of-the-way location of the inn. The only problem with the location is access to taxis and late-night restaurants - but then again the price you pay more than makes up for ti!

Definitely my first choice for a quiet getaway / staycation in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Go for the Junior Suite - the added amenities, rooftop access, and patio more than make up for the e...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonathanJoson
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for 3D/2N (last June 2013) after travelling from Ayutthaya during the first leg of our trip. I have been to Bangkok a couple of times already so I decided to stay in Loog Choob based on the reviews they've been getting. All I can say is, it has well exceeded my expectations. The pictures don't do justice and you have to see the place to appreciate it yourself. Apparently, the place was designed by one of the owner's relatives who is an actual architect. Slabbed right in the residential district of Bangkok, I am amazed with how they were able to maximize the space they have. The place looks very modern and boutique-ish but has a very cozy and family-friendly vibe. (The top floor was actually rented by one whole family when we stayed there) We very much enjoyed staying in this place and we oftentimes, hangout on the open roof deck before we rest at night.

Apart from the appeal of the establishment, the staff (who are actual family members who owned the place) are very friendly and accommodating. From prior planning before we arrived in Bangkok up until we departed from our stay there, they have been very friendly and helpful all throughout. If they are able to read this, I'd like to say THANK YOU AGAIN to Yongyut, Sukanya and Nipon. (Not sure if I got the spelling and their names right as it has been a year)

If you are familiar with Bangkok and would like to stay in a very cost-friendly but great homestay, I'd recommend for you to try this place out. You can always haul a taxi or walk a few blocks as there's a nearby bus station. There are also some few places that serve great meals if you are a foodie which the staff at Loog Choob will give you a map.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Start with the niggle. Location wise it is nicely situated in terms of peace and quiet as well as being in the 'real' part of Bangkok. However, it must be pointed out that if you're out drinking or Sukhumvit or another 'central' area and want a taxi, quite a few were not interested in coming, so if centrality is important there may be a slight issue.
Truly though, this Homestay is well named. Four nights staying here and it feels like home, it feels like a place that you can instantly relax but also that you're being looked after at all times. The building itself has been ingeniously renovated to maximise both space and aesthetics, while the rooms are just gorgeous (we experienced both the smaller and larger rooms - both are fabulous value but the junior suite on the 5th floor is most highly recommended). The little details, such as being able to borrow the machine machine whenever necessary and then magically having a drying stand appear outside your room, alongside the delicious pastries and use of all the pantry's contents, made our stay here blissful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiJames77
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We came from an open jaw trip in Cambodia and headed to Bangkok to celebrate my birthday. It was a very tiring 8 hour bus trip. When we arrived and saw the suite, I was totally overwhelmed because I did not realize that it was that great. It was beautiful, comfortable, clean, relaxing, and sweet!

They also have a very scenic view on their rooftop where you can think peacefully. In the morning, small breakfast like biscuits, breads that you can toast with different jams are available, coffees also. My mother also washed our clothes because they had washing machines. They taught us tips on how to handle tuk-tuk drivers and gave directions on where to go and eat. I felt home.

What surprised me more was, they bought me a birthday cake - which I have totally forgotten about buying it once we arrive. I initially asked for the fee and they said that it was "on the house". I was like, "Are you serious?". I was very speechless and couldn't not imagine someone from another country would do that very touching and exceptional customer service. I brought the box back home and I wished I could also bring the plastic knife. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diwata D
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff (family-run), they go the extra mile to help you and to make the most of your stay.
Beautiful place with very nice rooms, quite close to the center yet not in a very touristy area which gives you the possibility to discover something new and off the beaten tracks.
Wonderful base to explore the city but itself so comfy and homey that you can easily spend some time in your room/the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple