FX Hotel Metrolink Makkasan
US$155
US$182
US$176
Orbitz.com
All reviewsairport linkmrt stationbread for toastconvenient locationtrain stopminute walkhotel is locatedclose to the airportbkk airportsmall poolfried ricethe hotel is cleanbusy roadenglish channelssmall alleyone night stayking bed
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I used this hotel twice in a week during my indirect flights through Bangkok. The location is quite excellent for Bangkok-transit hotel. You can get the hotel from the airport direct through one train ride for 12 minutes without crowded waiting line as for cabs. Airport Link Train runs every 45 minutes, and strangely quite empty. The hotel is located in about 500m walk from the Makasan Station. From Makasan station you can reach the hotel without crossing the street through elevated footpath and underground MRT path. The hotel is visible from the elevated footpath. Walk to the MRT entrance on the path and cross the road through underground Phetburi MRT station. Police-inspection of the baggage at the entrance of the MRT station can be avoided by informing that you are only crossing the road. Although this hotel is not located in the central part of Bangkok and has no interesting site near by, you can reach most of interesting places of Bangkok by MRT, airport Link, and BTS connections.
The stuff of the hotel was very helpful and the room was quite nice for the price with free WiFi, mules and safety box. As my plane-departure time was late night, they kindly offered me late checkout until 18:00 for reasonable price. The breakfast was more than expected from the inexpensive price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ginmokusei
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed there two times in November 2013. We choose this hotel beacues of its communication with other parts of Bangkok. The airportlink and MRT Phetchburi Station are right next to the hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. Room was clean, AC worked very good, breakfast was tasty, beds were comfortable. The pool shoud have been open while our stay but the last floor was still under renovation. The nearest 7eleven was like 7-10 minutes on foot from the hotel, as well as other restaurants. I would trully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2014

good hotel with good train connections.
makasan sky link and perceived metro station intersect here.
the east line trains also stop almost next to the hotel, asok stop appears no station!
room was good and the bed firm. the pillows and duvet amazingly soft .
shower was hot and strong jet. but the mirror in the bathroom had no light on it.
not much in the local area and the restaurant priced at normal hotel food rates.

Room Tip: if using east line railway get off at asok station, the hotel is almost next door.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stopped in Bangkok for 24 hours due to flight connections. I needed a nice hotel, easily accessible via public transport with loads of luggage, and with a nice location for a quick exploration of the city. I am very happy with the choice of this hotel. The place was very easy to get to, met all the expectations and was very clean which is always my partner's main concern. We enjoyed the stay, the brekkie, and they kindly looked after our suitcases for a few hours after we checked out. Everyone was super nice but this seems to be the norm in Thailand. The only issue was that they said we would pay cash but when I brought cash they said they had already charged the credit card. Not really a big issue. Other than that 100% happy and if you need to get out of BKK for a few hours, refresh and explore the city, I highly recommend it. Safe travels!

Room Tip: Go on their website and see deals. We went for a $1 brekkie deal. At check in we got upgraded to a bigger room just because they had one available.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

great location. Ideal for connecting airport. 50 meters from the metro. We stay two times.The last room was 609.Rooms clean and comfortable. Take rooms on the front. Rooms behind, have a view of the wall. Staff are attentive and very kind. Great breakfast. Attention! Unfortunately I was charged 2 evian water and 1 cola that I did not drink from the minibar. I could not argue because when I paid the manager of the room minibar was not present. The price was not high, but I was not bothered. Next time check the minibar upon arrival that all the beverage are inside , I'll make pictures every day.

Room Tip: Room in The frond and hightfloor. I was in room 609. It was perfekt.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple