“OK for a single night”

Ranked #298 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Scotland, United Kingdom
“OK for a single night”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed one night. Although the room was a bit pokey, the bed was very comfortable. Really all you need for one night. The AC was not great, always a problem in cheap hotels. The restaurant was good and quite cheap. All in all recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Richard,

I am really pleased that your stay was pleasant overall. I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Regards,

Nattakan C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Honolulu
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed in the Deluxe room for like 4 hours during a transit stop in Bangkok. I confirmed airport pickup before our arrival. Our flight arrived at 12am and we got to the 2nd Floor Exit #4 area where the hotel told us to go. As there is some confusion about this, when you get to Exit #4 (inside the airport), there will be a whole bunch of airport pickup people for different hotels waiting a little beyond Exit #4. Ask any of those guys for "Phoenix Hotel" and he'll point to the guy you need.

Our guy didn't have a sign for us so good thing we just asked any person in that "pit." We wound up waiting around 40 minutes because the guy was waiting for other pickups to arrive. So, if you're pressed for time to sleep, just take a taxi and forget the shuttle. The shuttle ride was 15 minutes long, and we got to the hotel at like 1am.

The room was totally fine and the bathroom is very nice with super hot water. Bed was hard but that's Thailand for you. There's air conditioning, free water and snacks, and good towels. The shuttle from the hotel to the airport is on an hourly schedule. We opted for 5am and he was super prompt at leaving at 5am.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for to sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. I've been investigated about your waiting time at the airport with our airport staff. I found out that our shuttle bus just left the airport during your arrival. And please accept my apologies to keep you waited that long at the airport. Your feedback will help us to encourage us to improve our service.

Me and my team are really look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Sincere,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 November 2013

me and my 2 friends reserved a suite since we have 3 people, the room is spacious and fine, but what I want to talk about is the shuttle service.

My and my friends arrived late at 12:30am, before departure I was worried about the shuttle service so my friend called to assured our flight time & no., but the reception just said the shuttle would be waiting at exit 4. This really confuses me as I have no idea how to recognize the hotel shuttle as they did not take down my name. When we are off from the flight and went to exit 4, we did not see the shuttle, so we called the reception and the woman just repeated in a bad tone "Yes, exit 4! just go to exit 4!". It is difficult to make her understand we did not see the shuttle. So we just walked around and around to search for the shuttle, even do not have any idea how the shuttle looks like, and we got into the airport again to look for poosible signs showing our names.

After like 30 mins, we finally saw the shuttle. It is a very bad expereince for waiting endlessly in the midnight for the shuttle to come, I think I would not go to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kit83220
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dedicated your time sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. I am very please that you like our Suite room.

I've investigated the incident with my team and please accept my apologize for my staff that their English isn't fluently. They just try to communicate and explain but the voice tone might not soft and polite. The corrective training has been given to improve their communication skill in the future.

Thank you once again for your comment. I will assure that our staff's service performance will be improve soon.

Warm regards,

Nattakan C.

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Based on previous reviews, I was expecting this to be better.
I opted for this hotel as I had an early morning flight the next day.

Positives:
- Good pick up service from the airport - called when I got to the airport and within 10mins had a guy with a sign whom escorted me to their shuttle van (less than 10mins drive away). Was taken the following day at 7am to the airport so again, very good service
- Friendly reception staff
- Close to Lat Krabang (one of the stops of the Airport City Line) so relatively easy to go into Bangkok. Free shuttle service offered by the hotel
- Room is relatively clean, WIFI is good and bed is comfortable

Negative:
- There are no shops around (apart from 7Eleven) - took a taxi (45baht) to Paseo Mall which is relatively close but it was awful. There is a KFC, McD and various other eateries, I opted for a Thai restaurant but regretted not going to KFC/McD! Food was expensive and horrible. There are a few other shops but only the Tesco Lotus (more like Tesco Express in the UK but smaller) is worthy of note.
- The room I was given was in what I believe is the old section so much older than the pictures suggest. However, my biggest gripe is with the bathroom. The water pressure kept fluctuating which was extremely annoying. What made matters worse is the bulb blew when I was there and as it was so late I couldn't be bothered to ask for this to be replaced - to have a shower in the dark with awful water pressure is some experience!

I would give this a poor if it were not for the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Suggest to go in the new section or modern room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mokkey8
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for to dedicated your time sharing your experience during your recent visit with us. I am really appreciate your feedback. I apologize for such an unsupposed issue occurred during your stay. The maintenance service staff has been assigned to fix the water pressure system now. Also, I've checked strictly with our maintenance team to make sure that all rooms are in good condition to use for our guests. Our guest comfort is our priority.

Thank you again for your comments and it will encourage us to even do better.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future and I'll assure that your next visit will be pleasant

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed at the Phoenix 3 nights -I got in at midnight the first night, and had to leave at 2 am the last night to catch an early flight. It was good to be met at the airport - although it took some asking around to find where to wait; and great to have a 2 am shuttle bus. The room was nice and I enjoyed exploring the neighbourhood, especially the temple just over the canal. I was able to get a good haircut at the corner of the street and good massages at very reasonable prices. While it is near a sky train station, there was a heavy downpour and the water in the streets too deep to wade to the station (I turned back when I saw a fish swimming in the street!). If I had really wanted to go into town, I would have been better off to accept the offered lift to the station in their shuttle bus.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ann P
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for to dedicate your time sharing your experience during your stay with us at The Phoenix Hotel. We are really please to get such a positive feedback that your stay was delightful.

I am really hope to welcome you back again in the near future
Arizona
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I spent 3 nights at the Phoenix during a layover in Bangkok. Very convenient to BKK, with complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. The staff were all very polite, attentive and helpful. The standard room was basic but very clean. The on site restaurant was ok - I just ate breakfast there and it was a limited menu and the food was decent. If you are looking for night life, this isn't the area. But it is within walking distance of the Lat Krabang station, so you can get wherever you want easily. I would recommend it if you are in transit but not if you are spending time in Bangkok.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your experience during your stay with us. I am really glad that your stay was pleasant. I will assure that your next will be delightful as the previous one.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm regards
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had a one night layover so I chose to stay at a hotel near the airport. Waited 30-min for the transfer because the driver named another sister hotel, assuming I knew the two hotels are next to each other. When I arrived, room was clean and simple. Don't expect too much of it. I needed to go into city center but realised it's a far walk to the metro station. So I had to take a motorbike cab. On my way back, the cab didn't know the exact location of the hotel and thus, we spent some time "being lost". If you are looking just for a place to stay for a night / few hours and don't intend to go out, this place is good. If not, pick something nearer to public transport. I got a good rate on the hotel so I would recommend it if budget/price is your top priority.

Travel tip: If you are looking just for a place to stay for a night / few hours and don't intend to go out, this place is good. If not, pick something nearer to public transport.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you to dedicated your time sharing your experience with us during your recent stay at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok. The hotel offer drop-off service to the Airport Rail Link Station.
Your comment will help us to improve our service. I really hope that your next stay will be pleasant as the previous one.

Look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Golden Jade Suvarnabhumi
#2 of 5 in Racha Thewa
The Cottage Suvarnabhumi
The Cottage Suvarnabhumi
#350 of 866 in Bangkok

Been to The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!