“Fine hotel”

The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #330 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed one night at the local airport hotel
It was fine
Very well priced.
It included an airport shuttle and that is so worthwhile rather than getting scammed by local taxis or those masquerading as taxis.
I asked airport information and they pointed me in the right direction right away.
So simple
I booked the return shuttle for 6 00 am and it was right on time
5 minutes to the airport. Just as promised
I got supper round the corner from the hotel and service was so much fun I bought the food vender a beer from the local 7 11 and you would have thought I had just given her an Olympic gold medal
Such fun.
Bill

Room Tip: No elevator so get the boy to carry your suitcase.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your experience with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay was pleasant.

I really hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Like most people, we only spent one night here prior to catching an early flight the next morning. The location is convenient, just a ten-minute taxi ride from the airport, and the hotel offers a free pick-up and drop-off service (tip: you have to call a few hours ahead to arrange the pick-up, but it's worth it because getting a taxi from the airport is a rip-off). It's also just a 15-minute walk from the Skytrain station, although the route is a bit complicated and the streets you pass through don't seem to be the most salubrious. But there's the ubiquitous 7-Eleven store and a few restaurants just around the corner.

Our room was basic but clean, and despite the proximity to the airport we didn't find plane noise to be a problem. The only downsides were lack of a safe in the room and no mortice lock on the door, so we didn't feel hugely secure leaving our passports etc. inside (not that the hotel gave us any reason to suspect room break-ins would be a problem).

Overall, at the price this hotel represents excellent value if you need a place to lay your head before an early flight.

(Tip for fauna-spotters: turn right outside the hotel and at the bottom of the road you'll find a canal that's home to a number of water monitors!)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to sharing your experience on your recent stay with us at The Phoenix Hotel. I am really pleased to know that your stay was pleasant. A safe box is available at our front desk for the guest to leave your valuable belonging.

I hope to be able to welcome you again with us soon in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I can't for the life of me understand why others laud this hotel for its cleanliness. Perhaps we were just really unlucky, but finding a used shaving cartridge and tampon wrapper from the previous guests is really unacceptable. The beds seemed clean, but none of the other parts of the room did, including the bathroom.
The location of the hotel is perfect though, and if you're feeling lucky it's fine for a one-night layover. The rooftop of the hotel is always accessible, and makes for a fun place to sit in the sun for a bit with a drink and watch the planes come in.
The breakfast is à la carte and serves just fine, though the portions are a bit small. In the same location there is also the Catch Up(?) Café, which serves tasty, though very overpriced, drinks and pastries.
All in all: yuck. But in a pinch it's a convenient place to wait for your next flight.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dedicated your time sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies on the cleanliness in your room. It seems that we have failed on our standard of cleanliness. Our housekeeping mates were on warning and head of housekeeping mate will be strictly check every guest room to bring the truth of our guests back again on the cleanliness.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

As we arrived from Cambodia a day before we flew back home, we stayed overnight at this hotel. The hotel itself is pretty great value for money (stay in the deluxe rooms!!!), is close to the skytrain (15 minute walk, 40 bath and a 25 minute train-ride to go downtown and be a tourist) and they have a pick-up/drop-off service to the airport by van. If I need a hotel around the airport i would choose this one again. just don't expect much of their breakfast...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The phoenix hotel was a perfect place for us to rest our heads between flights..we have stayed twice!. Transfer pick up was very easy, ten mins drive to airport. Beautiful, clean rooms with aircon, hot showers etc. It has a restaurant with lovely food and a gorgeous little cafe with great coffee. Staff were excellent and got us to airport for our early morning flight. Staff helped us out with trains into the centre when we wanted to go explore one day. Great option for an airport stay in bangkok!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

I am really pleased to read your positive comment on your recent stay with us. To make your stay pleasant is our job.

Hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

To pick the shuttle up from bkk going to arrival door 4 and ask anyone of the 20 or so hotel people with signs and they will call the hotel for you, 20 min or so later shuttle is there for one. I cleared customs bit after 8am messed around for a bit then got the shuttle and was at the hotel 9am or so. I was shocked they let me check in right away, high marks. Then when I left the next day got late check out until 1pm, awesome. You really feel like home here.

The hotel was decent, what they offer they offer it well. The bed was comfy and clean, and the front desk was prompt and helpful. Having already been to Bangkok multiple times and avoiding the protests downtown i wanted just a room to chill and work online for a day before my next flight. This place was perfect for that, they had a cute cafe next door that i ate all meals that was decent. I struggled to find a good hotel around the airport and got a smoking deal on a third party website, and this place didnt disappoint for the price. I would stay here many times over as a solo transit traveler. It's down an alley and isn't luxury, more like a room to stay in residential Asia. The toilet is a few feet from the unseparated shower and gets wet stuff like that, not a big deal unless you are picky and inflexible.

The negatives are the location if that matters in a airport hotel. Mosquitos in the room, you might see one or two of them. The wifi was really weak in my room, last room on the end. Open the door and you get it but the walls are pretty think with something solid that blocks the signal. Basically I didn't have wifi in room, but just sat in the cafe and worked online. I met another traveler that paid almost double what I did, shop around for price. Would recommend for anyone looking for a decent place to crash that doesn't need the royal treatment.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cursive9

Dear Guest,

I am really appreciate your time to give us a review regarding to your recent stay. It is my pleasure to know that your stay was pleasant.

Look forward to welcome you to stay with us in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed at the Phoenix on both ends of our recent trip. If you want to save some money and yet stay near the airport, this hotel is a good choice. It's not a luxury hotel, it's true, but it will get the job done for you. My group of 11 enjoyed the timely shuttle from the airport, and quickly settled into this comfy little place. It's a bit out-of-the-way but if you're there primarily to get some sleep before or after a flight, who cares! Staff is friendly and does their best to deliver whatever you need.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for very much for your comment regarding to your recent stay. I am really glad to read your positive review on our staff. I will share your compliment to our team to cheer them up and encourage to even do better.

I really look forward to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Best regards,