“Great for a layover”

The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #327 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Really close to the airport and the hotel runs a free shuttle. We stayed here when we had a 12 hour layover. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. The hotel is in walking distance of the train station so it was easy to reach the centre of Bangkok ( BHT 40) . The Thai food in their restaurant was excellent -good quantity and quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback for us. I am really glad that your stay was pleasant.

If you have a chance to return back to Bangkok for stopover, we would be really appreciate to welcome you back with us again. Maybe try our deluxe room for your nest stay.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed in this hotel three times and continue it more than adequate for the cost. The beds remain excellent and staff are courteous and generally helpful. The restaurant is clean and the food is good, but the western breakfast still takes some getting used to, however remember you are in Thailand where nothing is straight forward, or like home.

I will continue to use this hotel, mainly because of the beds and the price. Well recommended.

Room Tip: Pay more and choose a larger rooms. The standard room is a bit pokey for two.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cottonfye, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us again during your recent visit. I am really pleased to know that The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok become your regular airport hotel. We will keep up all the good work and improve our weakness to increase our guest satisfaction during your stay with us.

I will pass this on to our F&B to monitor and improve on our breakfast quality.

Look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

A nice plain hotel near the airport. Just make sure that they are well aware of what time you are arriving and contact them when you arrive as we had to wait on a taxi for a while. They do have a pick up service available.It is far out for visiting Bangkok. The cafe downstairs is lovely for coffee and tea and has nice cakes well worth a visit. Lovely friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fuzzytwin2

Dear Fuzzytwin2,

Thank you for your comment related on your recent visit with us. I am glad that your stay was pleasant. I am really sorry that kept a bit long for pick-up service. Normally, it would take about 10-15 mins after you met our hotel representative at the airport.

My airport coordinator acknowledged on this issue and will monitor on our transfer service to make it even more efficiency.

I hope to welcome you back sometime soon at The Phoenix Hotel.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is a mixed review. This was an OK place to stay for an airport overnight stay. They will pick you up and take you back to the airport. For that, it is perfect.

Bring your own towels. For my stay, the room didn't have any towels. I don't know if this was an oversight or not because I just used mine.

This is a four story hotel without an elevator... be prepared. They had someone to carry my bags up at night and down in the morning. I did give them a nominal tip. Tipping is not usual in Thailand but the guys earned it carrying my heavy bags.

To get transportation to the hotel, go to gate 4 on level 2. There's kind of a "bull-pen" there with people representing the hotels that offer transportation. When I got there the Phoenix sign was not up. Just ask for the Phoenix and someone will help you.

They did have good cable TV with a few English channels as well as several channels with languages other than Thai... French & Chinese (I think)

The staff at the front desk in the evening and the next morning was conversant in English.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you can, get a lower floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your feedback with us. I was surprised that there was no towels in your room and very sorry for that. I've passed this issue to our housekeeping team to be more careful on amenities in our guest rooms. Normally, we do have towels service in every guest rooms.

Thank you again for your comment and I hope to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

the hotel is really close to the airport but quite out of the city... though very close to the express line, making it perfect for long lay overs! rather check in to this cheap yet comfortable, clean and friendly hotel go have dinner in the city and be close to the airport for your morning flight! the restaurants thai food are really good and well priced.

fares include airport transport and breakfast (which i found a bit oily)

great one night hotel!!

Room Tip: upgrading to a deluxe room is dinitely worth the extra $10
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay was pleasant and joyful. I will pass your comment on breakfast to our Chef to improve the cooking quality.

I hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Quick stay between flights. Shuttle service worked wonderfully. Front desk staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly. Room was dandy.

Restaurant area isn't a great atmosphere - fairly sterile, but there's some street food available half a block away.

We were glad we chose to stay at the Phoenix.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent visit. I am glad to know that you had a good time at The Phoenix Hotel.

Hope to welcome you back again with us.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed one night at the local airport hotel
It was fine
Very well priced.
It included an airport shuttle and that is so worthwhile rather than getting scammed by local taxis or those masquerading as taxis.
I asked airport information and they pointed me in the right direction right away.
So simple
I booked the return shuttle for 6 00 am and it was right on time
5 minutes to the airport. Just as promised
I got supper round the corner from the hotel and service was so much fun I bought the food vender a beer from the local 7 11 and you would have thought I had just given her an Olympic gold medal
Such fun.
Bill

Room Tip: No elevator so get the boy to carry your suitcase.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your experience with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay was pleasant.

I really hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,