“Everything you need for an overnight stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok

The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #289 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Everything you need for an overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were very satisfied with our stay at the Phoenix Hotel. We paid 750 baht (last minute price on the hotel's website) for a standard double room which was very good value. The room was clean, modern and there was plenty of space. Good shower and comfortable bed. There was also some free snacks and drinks in the room which was a nice touch. We were not disturbed by noise from the hotel during the night. This hotel is obviously located for airport transit stays but the room and facilities would be more than adequate for a longer stay too.

I had called prior to our arrival to confirm the airport pickup and realized that I had booked the hotel for the wrong night. Thankfully the staff members on reception who I first spoke to on the phone, and then on arrival, were both understanding and there was no problem. Despite having booked the wrong date, we only had to wait 10 minutes for the airport shuttle to arrive.

We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend for an overnight stay between flights.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sananikate
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to read your positive review on your pleasant stay with us. This is mean a lot to us to encourage us to even to do better for our single guest. I will share your compliment to our staffs.

Look forward to have a chance to welcome you back again with us.

Best wishes,

Nattkan C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel a couple times now. It's really close to the airport, which means it's great for breaking up longer trips, and really close to the rail line, so it's easy to get into the city. They have a free shuttle service to and from the airport, which is super convenient. The rooms are simple and clean. The cafe is a really quaint place to relax, and their coffee is pretty good. While the lunch and dinner menus are pretty tasty, I would recommend avoiding the breakfast. The options are few and pretty awful. I don't really understand why, since the rest of the menu is really quite good. The service was adequate with the rest of the hotel. We'd go back for a one night stay but probably wouldn't stay longer than that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Natadelle
Nattakan C, Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your review regarding to your recent visit at The Phoenix Hotel. I am really glad that your stay was joyful. I am really appreciated your comment on your breakfast options. I'll pass your review to our chef to improve and focus on our food quality control to make sure that it's always up to our standard.

I am look forward to welcome you back to stay with us soon.

Best regards,
Corfu, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Phoenix Hotel is a 10min ride to the Airport, which makes it ideal for an overnight with an early departure. There is a shuttle service every hour, so it's very convenient. The room is big, staff is friendly and there is a nice coffee shop next to the lobby, where they also serve breakfast in the morning. The area is quiet, there are a couple of restaurants around and a 7/11 on the corner. Good thing is that there is a train station close by and you can go downtown easily, it's about 45 min ride. I definetelly recommend the place for people that have to overnight and catch a morning flight.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tassosGR
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding to you recent stay at The Phoenix Hotel. It is my pleasure to know that your stay was pleasant and joyful. I am glad that you like our suite room.

I will assure that your next stay will be pleasant as the previous one.

Look forward to welcome you back again with us in the future.

Sentani
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was my second time at the hotel. The hotel is still great value and handy close to the airport. The staff were really friendly, with their English really very good, - they were able to advise and organise a shopping trip to a perfect mall. Upon returning they organised a two hour massage which was fabulous - professional and very very relaxing after a long day. The room was good, though some tiles were missing from the bottom of the vanity. The hot water in the shower was also a bit weird as I struggled to get a constant temperature and was continually having to adjust the hot water service during my shower - but I must admit showers are important to me. The food - also important - was good. The breakfast, which was included in my room rate was choosing one dish from the alla carte menu, but was definitely enough to start the day.

Room Tip: The deluxe room in the newer section are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike W
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your feedback during your recent stay with us. I am really glad that you continue use our service. As you mentioned on our hot water system, I will pass it on to our maintenance team to fix this issue and make sure the hot water will be working properly.

I hope to have a chance welcome you back again with us. I will assure that you next visit will pleasant as the previous one.

Best regards

Hout Bay, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Really close to the airport and the hotel runs a free shuttle. We stayed here when we had a 12 hour layover. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. The hotel is in walking distance of the train station so it was easy to reach the centre of Bangkok ( BHT 40) . The Thai food in their restaurant was excellent -good quantity and quality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback for us. I am really glad that your stay was pleasant.

If you have a chance to return back to Bangkok for stopover, we would be really appreciate to welcome you back with us again. Maybe try our deluxe room for your nest stay.

Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed in this hotel three times and continue it more than adequate for the cost. The beds remain excellent and staff are courteous and generally helpful. The restaurant is clean and the food is good, but the western breakfast still takes some getting used to, however remember you are in Thailand where nothing is straight forward, or like home.

I will continue to use this hotel, mainly because of the beds and the price. Well recommended.

Room Tip: Pay more and choose a larger rooms. The standard room is a bit pokey for two.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cottonfye, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us again during your recent visit. I am really pleased to know that The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok become your regular airport hotel. We will keep up all the good work and improve our weakness to increase our guest satisfaction during your stay with us.

I will pass this on to our F&B to monitor and improve on our breakfast quality.

Look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

A nice plain hotel near the airport. Just make sure that they are well aware of what time you are arriving and contact them when you arrive as we had to wait on a taxi for a while. They do have a pick up service available.It is far out for visiting Bangkok. The cafe downstairs is lovely for coffee and tea and has nice cakes well worth a visit. Lovely friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fuzzytwin2
Dear Fuzzytwin2,

Thank you for your comment related on your recent visit with us. I am glad that your stay was pleasant. I am really sorry that kept a bit long for pick-up service. Normally, it would take about 10-15 mins after you met our hotel representative at the airport.

My airport coordinator acknowledged on this issue and will monitor on our transfer service to make it even more efficiency.

I hope to welcome you back sometime soon at The Phoenix Hotel.

Nattakan C.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Siam Place Airport Hotel
#2 of 5 in Racha Thewa
The Cottage Suvarnabhumi
The Cottage Suvarnabhumi
#380 of 849 in Bangkok

Been to The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!