“Budget hotel with hourly free airport shuttle” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok

The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #289 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Missouri City, Texas
“Budget hotel with hourly free airport shuttle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Budget hotel near BKK airport (10 min ride ) with hourly free airport shuttle, location is not convenient, walk to train station in 15 min. We choose this hotel because of our early flight. Shuttle is on time.

We choose two nights stay, they did not clean the room second day, we have to ask replacement.

No elevators, but they can carry baggage to the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment regarding to your stay at The Phoenix. After investigate with our housekeeping about your issue. There would be some error communication between our housekeeping and reception about your room. I am sorry that our housekeeping didn't tidy up your room. Normally, every guest rooms will be clean on daily basic.

If I have a chance to come back to Thailand, It would be my honor to welcome you back here again at The Phoenix Hotel.

Nattakan C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Clean, quiet and affordable hotel in an easy location to stage for an early morning flight. Overhead plane traffic is drowned out by AC. Free pickup and drop off at airport even with a standard room, about 600 BHT. Quick walk to sky train for a day in the city. Great street food all around.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on you recent stay with us at The Phoenix. I am really please to read your positive comment that you were enjoy your stay here.

If you have a chance to return to Bangkok for transit, we are look forward to welcome you again.

Best wishes,

manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The room was bright and the colors are relaxing. Make sure the glass door to the terrace is locked as the surrounding areas seem like squatter area. For a night's stay before an early flight, this will satisfy. This is close to the airport and far from the tourist sites and malls.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank pink s
Dear Guest,

Thank you for comment regarding to your recent stay with us. I am glad that your stay was pleasant and joyful.

Look forward to welcome you to stay with us again soon sometime in the near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were very satisfied with our stay at the Phoenix Hotel. We paid 750 baht (last minute price on the hotel's website) for a standard double room which was very good value. The room was clean, modern and there was plenty of space. Good shower and comfortable bed. There was also some free snacks and drinks in the room which was a nice touch. We were not disturbed by noise from the hotel during the night. This hotel is obviously located for airport transit stays but the room and facilities would be more than adequate for a longer stay too.

I had called prior to our arrival to confirm the airport pickup and realized that I had booked the hotel for the wrong night. Thankfully the staff members on reception who I first spoke to on the phone, and then on arrival, were both understanding and there was no problem. Despite having booked the wrong date, we only had to wait 10 minutes for the airport shuttle to arrive.

We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend for an overnight stay between flights.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sananikate
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to read your positive review on your pleasant stay with us. This is mean a lot to us to encourage us to even to do better for our single guest. I will share your compliment to our staffs.

Look forward to have a chance to welcome you back again with us.

Best wishes,

Nattkan C.
Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel a couple times now. It's really close to the airport, which means it's great for breaking up longer trips, and really close to the rail line, so it's easy to get into the city. They have a free shuttle service to and from the airport, which is super convenient. The rooms are simple and clean. The cafe is a really quaint place to relax, and their coffee is pretty good. While the lunch and dinner menus are pretty tasty, I would recommend avoiding the breakfast. The options are few and pretty awful. I don't really understand why, since the rest of the menu is really quite good. The service was adequate with the rest of the hotel. We'd go back for a one night stay but probably wouldn't stay longer than that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Natadelle
Nattakan C, Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your review regarding to your recent visit at The Phoenix Hotel. I am really glad that your stay was joyful. I am really appreciated your comment on your breakfast options. I'll pass your review to our chef to improve and focus on our food quality control to make sure that it's always up to our standard.

I am look forward to welcome you back to stay with us soon.

Corfu, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Phoenix Hotel is a 10min ride to the Airport, which makes it ideal for an overnight with an early departure. There is a shuttle service every hour, so it's very convenient. The room is big, staff is friendly and there is a nice coffee shop next to the lobby, where they also serve breakfast in the morning. The area is quiet, there are a couple of restaurants around and a 7/11 on the corner. Good thing is that there is a train station close by and you can go downtown easily, it's about 45 min ride. I definetelly recommend the place for people that have to overnight and catch a morning flight.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tassosGR
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding to you recent stay at The Phoenix Hotel. It is my pleasure to know that your stay was pleasant and joyful. I am glad that you like our suite room.

I will assure that your next stay will be pleasant as the previous one.

Look forward to welcome you back again with us in the future.

Warm regards,

Sentani
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was my second time at the hotel. The hotel is still great value and handy close to the airport. The staff were really friendly, with their English really very good, - they were able to advise and organise a shopping trip to a perfect mall. Upon returning they organised a two hour massage which was fabulous - professional and very very relaxing after a long day. The room was good, though some tiles were missing from the bottom of the vanity. The hot water in the shower was also a bit weird as I struggled to get a constant temperature and was continually having to adjust the hot water service during my shower - but I must admit showers are important to me. The food - also important - was good. The breakfast, which was included in my room rate was choosing one dish from the alla carte menu, but was definitely enough to start the day.

Room Tip: The deluxe room in the newer section are good.