“Amazing!”

Ranked #1 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I treated ourselves to a night at The Siam before leaving Bangkok and only wish we could have stayed longer (we stayed at the sister hotel The Sukosol before arriving). . Luxury Plus! The entire hotel grounds are incredible and so well appointed. The staff is simply the best and our river front room with private pool was exceptional. So exceptional that we didn't want to leave! The Siam is simply the nicest place we have ever been and hope to return someday. If you do stay, you must eat in the restaurant, I had the most delicious curry dish I have ever had. Hands down the best food experience of our trip.

Room Tip: From what I could tell, every room is likely amazing but we really did enjoy our river front Villa w...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Strasbourg, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I travelled to Bangkok many times in the past years and this time I stayed at the Siam for one week. Used to stay at the Oriental, Peninsula,etc ...and I have to say that perfection has been reached at the Siam ! Not only the fabulous decor, the supersized room (river side pool villa), extremely confortable beds, the pool area but the professionalism and the kindness of all the staff .. The butler service is exceptional . Breakfast is outstanding with a great choice of dishes and we dined out at Chon restaurant 3 times with one of the best meals we've ever experienced in Bangkok. Some would say that the location of Siam is not good and far from downtown but that is absolutely not a problem : complementary boat shuttles are very efficient and we have never experienced problems getting a taxi to come back. According to me ,Siam hotel is THE place to stay in Bangkok. It is not possible to be disappointed.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kealy67
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had the great fortune to experience the Siam for the first time only recently . The small hotel is Deco inspired with exquisite attention to detail . It is surrounded by the most beautiful internal courtyards and water gardens with a wet bar and pool right on the river.
Many great hotels of the past have tried to regain their former glory , at times unsuccessfully . The magic of Siam is that it's a new hotel inspired by the great days of the Raj in Asia .
An extraordinary & eclectic collection of hand picked antiques are displayed in wonderful ante rooms, the library and screening room . The hotel also boasts a fine Spa as well.
The Chon restaurant set within old Thai teak houses is fabulous . Great modern Thai fusion food with a wonderful view across the lawn to the river .
Finally, If you can tear yourself away from this oasis in the midst of Bangkok , take a trip down the river on the classic timber launch .
As we drifted away from the pier, Hotel manager Jason Friedman and his delightful and charming staff waved us off and bid us goodbye . But not for long ………. we will be back .

Room Tip: The higher rooms in the main building have views of the royal palace and river .
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dayne v
Strasbourg, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

The Siam hotel is an amazing property located by the Chao Phraya river. It is unique in many way. It features an amazing collection of antiques and art throughout the property. Don't miss the screening room furbished with old theater seats.

The staff is as helpful as can be. All my requests were literally addressed within a few minutes.

The rooms are spacious with a huge bathroom and powerful air conditioning which is just great (no steam after a long and hot shower).

It seems like attention was given to every little detail. The wireless internet is just the way it should be everywhere else and yet it is the first I came across such a well thought internet connection: register once during your stay, use as many devices as you want and just enjoy it thanks to full property coverage with perfect handover.

Power outlets come in 110V & 220V and will fit any plug. My only remark is that there is no power outlet on both sides of the bed (only on one side). However, one can easily use one of the power outlets from the desk that is located against the head of the bed (even with a short power cord).

The pool is beautiful and peaceful facing the Chao Phraya. Food at the restaurant is excellent, breakfast very generous.

The property GM, Jason Friedman, makes sure every guest feels right at home and will always suggest great and original things to do in Bangkok. Special Kudos to Gill, the butler who is also always ready to please.

All in all, I had a fabulous stay at the Siam and wouldn't recommend any other property in Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank fr8d
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

The decor , the river views , the restaurant , the pool , the tile work all over the note are a testimony to luxury .
A bit out the way for regular business but the hotel boats are practical and good looking
Luxury here it is ....
Arnaud Brunel

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here for three nights while visiting Bangkok for the first time. The hotel is probably one of the prettiest urban hotels that I have ever stayed in. It is part museum part sanctuary. The service was phenomenal, and a great place to come back to after a busy hot day in Bangkok. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TrustmeIknow11
Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Bankok is so amazing. What's more amazing is the Siam hotel we stayed in. One great thing about my stay there is the ambiance, the room and their food. I don't really mind about the service that much because in every hotel I expect quality service. Their rooms are amazing and incredibly spacious. I didn't have any problem positioning my luggage around the room. Their closet is also a factor because it's a walk in closet with a mirror. I forgot which room I picked and stayed at but all in all I loved my stay in Bangkok because of The Siam. I love using their health area to work out all the delicious thai food I've had during my stay. I recommend also their breakfast, I don't really eat breakfast that often but I loved my food at the hotel. A place worth staying in. I got what I wanted from my money's worth.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple