Siam Oriental Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bangkok
See available hotels
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2013

After an all night train trip in 3rd class from Udon Thani to Bangkok, we checked a few guesthouses and decided on a room here as the bed appeared clean even if the room left a lot to be desired.
After showering we lay on top of the bed and were chatting when i noticed a small bug walking across my hand, which i examined before giving it the royal flush.
I was suspicious so went down stairs to use the wifi(as there is none in the rooms) and did a little research.
Sure enough there was an exact picture of my intruder and suspicions confirmed.

BED BUGS

Personally, my hotel worst nightmare.

Staff knew about the hotels problem but still proceeded to sell rooms.

I was however given a full refund after complaining. Needless to say we immediately checked out.

》Just down the road we had the same issue but in 3 different rooms in the same place!!!
We are now staying at LAMPHU HOUSE which is beautiful and clean and with great staff.
No bed bugs here and finally i can get some sleep.

Shame on you Siam Oriental.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nzrobbonz
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This place is right in the heart of Bangkok's backpacker vein. Although some might find the street itself to be a little noisy. Get a room in the back to minimize the ambience from the night-crooners. The place is cheap, clean, and the staff is nothing but smiles. All rooms come with A/C, and depending on what you pay for "upgrades", the TV, Hot Water showers, etc could be added to your room selection.

While some might consider this place a tad "spartan", it's what one would expect for a room in the US$10 bracket.

The only thing about staying on Khao San is having to deal with the ever-annoying "Tailor Suit for you, sir? Cheap=Cheap. I make good suit for you, sir" cackle from the Indians who prowl the street like cockroaches

Room Tip: Call in advance. This place fills up very quickly.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights for 490 baht. Accomodation clean and basic if you put bin outside then it'll be emptied but room is not cleaned daily so bathroom got a bit dirty. Great location if you want to be in the thick of it. We never had problems sleeping here.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Cheap, bed with NO bed bugs, shower, working toilet, for a short stop over in Bangkok if you want to be in the heart of it and your on a budget this is perfect. I don't think in Bangkok you need to spend much time in the room as there is so much to see out of it. Yes it was loud but this ending at 12-1 and we got a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This place was fine - cleen rooms and sheets - spartan furnishings but everything you need. Price was avrage for the area. My room had aircon and a priviate bathroom, but less expensive rooms dont. Can't say much more about the place - it's noisy, but you won't find anywhere on the Khao San Road that is not. Personaly although I have nothing against the hotel I'd stay in a different area entirely if I return to Bangkok

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo