“One of a kind bar”

Checkinn99
Ranked #2 of 41 Concerts & Shows in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Checkinn99 is in the heart of downtown Sukhumvit with our evening live entertainment with hours 6 pm - 1.30am nightly. Easy listening from 6-9pm and nghtly live band 9-midnight / 1am. Jazz Jam on Sundays between 2 - 6 pm - then Blues through till 1am. Checkinn99 offers excellent nightly live entertainment from both our house band Cherry and Earth along with other visiting bands. We are a relaxed no-hassles lounge-style venue, ideal for couples, singles or groups looking for a night of live music, great hospitality and dancing. Very popular for birthday parties, celebrations or just a fun night out. We offer a range of tapas served to tables (our newly renovated kitchen will be opening end of December offering an international and local Thai menu choice). We also host weekend afternoon Jazz and Blues jams highly popular with local and international visiting musicians.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had to write a review after visiting there recently. And I hate writing good reviews because I am selfish when it comes to good places. If you want to visit a laid back bar where the live band is actually good (and attractive) and you are not hassled by annoying staff or other patrons then visit this bar. The food is excellent and well priced, the entertainment is first rate, and you can take a date, a business colleague, your mother and they will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Mattswim
checkinn99, Owner at Checkinn99, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Mattswim, firstly - thank you for your ongoing patronage and the opportunity to share many good stories with you. I especially appreciate you finally signing up to Trip Advisor and sharing your feedback and review - I certainly agree spreading the good word is not common with you. The band always enjoy responding to your Aussie Rock requests (particularly Chrissy Amphlett's Boys in Town) As a well known local in town - we greatly appreciate seeing you and (as you have said) the many guests you have also introduced (family, friends and business colleagues) I wish you luck in your own ventures, thanks again and Safe Travels.

All reviews
"session"
in 12 reviews
"jam"

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We went late July for 3 nights, The Band is Great and the Beer is cold. The staff is nice. The Band played our request and they have awesome voices. Thank you all for making our long trip to Bangkok worth it ! Mark and Lisa from the USA.

3  Thank Mark S

Mark & Lisa... thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback and review. Much appreciated. There are some really great entertainment and night life options available in Bangkok and we were most pleased that you returned three times during your holiday. We are very fortunate to be able to offer 7 hours of live cabaret style entertainment every night..where most guests stay for 4 - 5 hours to have dinner and then enjoy the fun. Look forward to seeing you back again.. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just spent the first two night in Bangkok at check inn 99 the best night out in Bangkok . The food is great the beer is cold and the band are still amazing . I think it is still very well priced for food and drinks and I love all the staff they take pride in you having a great time . Last thing I would like to say make sure you do your self a favour and go there for a wonder full time . Ps Chris my only complainant is can the band lean a cold chisel song call four walls

1  Thank Blocker16

Hi Blocker.. great to see you back again..and many thanks for your feedback and review. Music of the Heart band would now be unrivaled in their repertoire of over 90 classic Aussie Rock numbers... and they are always taking on new requests for songs.. I have about 3 Skyhooks numbers on backlog for them to learn but I guess Chisel's Four Walls will bump me (Lets see if they can also learn Bow River!). we will be performing Priscilla Queen of the Desert Musical late in December and I am looking for extras... let me know when you are next back if you would like to audition ;-) Safe Travels.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great venue, with good food and stylish entertainment. We loved the singers. I'd definitely come again.

1  Thank DiStefano G
checkinn99, Owner at Checkinn99, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hi Stefano.. many thanks for your prompt review - it was a pleasure to host you this week and we are pleased you enjoyed Music of the Heart Band entertainment. Your review and feedback are most appreciated. Hope to see you back again. Safe Travels.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have been to Bangkok many many times and I always end up at Check Inn 99. I have visited plenty of entertainment venues throughout Bkk but Check Inn always draws me back. With a comfortable atmosphere, the nicest staff you could ask for and by far the best entertainers in the band of Music of the Heart ( MOTH ). It is enjoyable for both young and not so young you will enjoy. They also have great food.

3  Thank jimbonner

Jim.. thanks so much for your reviews.. as a long term visitor to Bangkok - it is great to see you keep coming back. Your ongoing support and regular presence is most appreciated. We look forward to your next visit - the JB is waiting! Thanks also for posting the party photos.. more fun events and parties coming up this year so keep a watch out on our facebook.com/checkinn99. Safe Travels