“Comfortable and excellent service”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #4 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Staff of the hotel are friendly and welcome. Breakfast selections have more variety to choose especially local fresh fruits. Location is the most important when stay in Bangkok and this hotel is just right next to the BTS station, perfect for the stay in the busy city.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jarurat

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I spent my birthday evening at Okura Hotel in Bangkok and what I can stay...wonderful atmosphere, both in the Spa and at Elements restaurant, good food and very friendly and high professional staff. I would like to thank Khun Vit, Khun Noona and Khun Ballvalve for their good service during the dinner and all spa team that surprised me with "Happy Birthday" song! In my next trip I will surely stay at this beautiful hotel!!

1  Thank simone s
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed in November 2012 for one night when travelling through Bangkok. A very comfortable hotel which lives up to its membership of The Leading Hotels of the World Group. Efficient service and a well appointed room with great views. Great views also from the infinity pool . There are not many sun loungers. Not a problem when we were there but if the hotel is busy I wonder if you may find they are all being used. If you like Japanese food this is the place to stay in Bangkok. If not you can also eat Western style if you prefer.

3  Thank JKM73
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The Okura in Bangkok is quite different from the other 5-star hotels in town - a bit too subtle? or maybe no character?

The hotel was opened around half year ago so the inside/outside of the hotel looks decent and clean. The decor didn't give me a WOW feeling, it's just like any other 5-star hotel anywhere in the world.

I was very impressed by their service, they were always ready to serve. It was like a blend of the warm Thai hospitality and detailed yet simple Japanese service. The housekeeping would put some origami in the room every night which was quite lovely.

Some business travelers might find the Okura convenient as some of the bank offices are just a few minutes walk. The US and UK embassies are just right across the street. The BTS station is actually right beside the hotel and it's only one stop to Chit Lom and two stops to Siam. However, there was no malls and very little selection of restaurants around the hotel. Location-wise is not the most convenient as a lot of the hotels in Chit Lom/Siam are in similar price.

Breakfast and the complimentary tea set were a bit disappointing. The Okura could have provided more varieties of food for breakfast with better quality of juice. The desserts (especially the macarons) were appalling. The macarons were so dry and hard and at one point we were wondering if those were macarons or some kind of thai desserts.

The bedroom was nice however the toilet was set apart from the bathroom. The sink in the toilet room was too small which you have to wash your hands carefully to prevent the water spilling out.

The Okura is a pretty new hotel so if you are not too familiar with Bangkok, I'd advise you to print out a map to show the Taxi driver as a lot of the taxi drivers don't know where it is.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank JETSETTER-K861
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Excellent hotel, rooms are very new, well designed and insulated, breakfast is amazing, views are breathtaking. We had one of the Club rooms, and they included a lot of freebies from the Club Lounge, including cocktails in the evening. Definitely worth it. This was our first stay at the Okura, and it was beyond expectations!

Room Tip: We had one of the Club rooms, and they included a lot of freebies from the Club Lounge, including co...
1  Thank PChicco
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We were looking for a hotel for our last night in Bangkok and went in to several hotels nearby, simply asking at the lobby what kind of rooms they had, facilities, etc.

We've got quite surprised responses from the receptionists, who seemed surprised that we wanted to stay at their hotel.

Our last stop was the Okura Prestige, and the guy in the reception totally sold the place. He showed us around, took us to the pool, the gym, showed us several rooms and explained everything about the hotel.

It was definitely the hotel we were going to stay at. Big rooms, amazing service, wonderful view and we had the swimming pool with amazing views all for ourselves.

A bit on the pricey edge, but definitely a hotel I will return to.

Room Tip: Garden view is definitely better than city view.
1  Thank amaral82
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The Okura Prestiage Bangkok was my last hotel I have stayed during my trip in Asia. I had a wonderful time in the hotel and I was a little disappointed I did not extend my stay. On arrival we were welcomed by several staff members and escorted to the room. The combination of the Japanese chainhotel and the famous service of the culture of Thailand is amazing. I am Guest Relations Officer in Hotel Okura Amsterdam and my stay in the Okura Prestiage Bangkok was beyond my expectations. I recommend this specific hotel if you are traveling to Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank annemariekraak
Travellers also viewed these Bangkok hotels
The Peninsula Bangkok
Shangri-La Hotel,Bangkok
#21 of 883 in Bangkok
Sathorn
Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn

Been to The Okura Prestige Bangkok? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Okura Prestige Bangkok

Address: 57 Wireless Road, Park Ventures Ecoplex | Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Region: Thailand > Bangkok
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #4 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Price Range: £148 - £258 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — The Okura Prestige Bangkok 5*
The Okura Prestige Bangkok combines Japan’s rich service culture and attention to detail with Thailand’s world-famous standards of hospitality. This new luxury hotel, with 240 rooms and suites, is located in the award-winning Park Ventures Ecoplex building at the heart of the city’s Central Business District. The hotel offers direct access to the city’s BTS skytrain network at Phloen Chit station and sits close to major shopping malls, embassies and commercial districts. Every room and suite offers impressive views across the dynamic Bangkok skyline through triple-glazed tinted panoramic windows that insulate against both heat and noise. The rooms combine comfort and luxury with the very latest technological developments designed to impress business and leisure travellers. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd., Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Okura Prestige Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.