“Tranquil, relaxing and modern. Superb professional staff.”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #6 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“Tranquil, relaxing and modern. Superb professional staff.”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I have visited my fair share of Asian hotels, in fact I stay in a hotel every week and I was extremely impressed with the professionalism of the staff from the time I entered the hotel and even when I needed a last minute room for the night. For a hotel located in a bustling part of BKK, stepping into the hotel takes you away from the noise and traffic and instills a calming effect. Food is exceptional, gym is fully equipped and the massage and sauna is a great way to wind down from a busy day of working or shopping. We will definitely be staying here during our BKK trips.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Viobert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I have stayed in many Five star hotel in Bangkok and I must say this one must be the best of the best hotel in Bangkok in term of Value , Location , food quality , excellent service , room design , two minute walk to MRT station in other word , . If you are a perfectionist then this hotel is for you.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I have stayed three times at the Okura over the past few weeks whilst travelling for work.

The staff are excellent and very attentive and always address me by name. The hotel is very new so the rooms and facilities are in very good condition and very comfortable. The gym is also very good, again with brand new equipment and an amazing view to boot!

During my first stay, I has an issue connecting to the internet, which was quickly resolved. For my subsequent stays, the hotel staff have been sure to check that I have had no issues.

The food is of a high standard although I haven't yet eaten at either of the two high end restaurants. I also find the location with easy access to the BTS Skytrain to be very convenient.

I will highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank kiwinickLondon
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I am currently staying at the hotel now and Overall the hotel is nice and decent. However, i realised that the pool actually has no sun at all...part of the purpose of my trip is to do sun tanning and get myself relaxed at the pool. And that is the reason why I chose this hotel.

I was there in the morning and afternoon - no sun at all...the building just totally blocked all the sun light. I am a little bit frustrated with the hotel's design.

If you are looking for a pool with nice view.. pick this hotel!
but if you are expecting to do some serious sun tanning...(i.e. the sun right above your head) its better for you to pick another one.

Ivan Lam

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear Ivan L

Thank you for your recent review of The Okura Prestige Bangkok. Your constructive comments are very important to us.
I am also pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. I will certainly share your kind comments with the team.
Having just recently opened the Hotel, it is always rewarding to receive positive remarks! It is feedback of this nature that will certainly advocate us to continually strive for even better services to our valued guests such as yourself.
I also thank you for the feedback regarding the lack of sunshine during December and January at our pool. Cantilevered on the 25th floor, the hotel's 25-metre swimming pool is a stunning architectural feature and it is indeed a perfect spot to swim or relax or simply enjoy the view over Bangkok's skyline. As the pool faces north, we are blessed with up to 11 hours sun exposure and warm water from March to October, however at the height of the winter solstice our pool is indeed in the shade.
On behalf of our entire staff here at The Okura Prestige Bangkok we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Samir R. Wildemann
samir.wildemann@okurabangkok.com
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Staff of the hotel are friendly and welcome. Breakfast selections have more variety to choose especially local fresh fruits. Location is the most important when stay in Bangkok and this hotel is just right next to the BTS station, perfect for the stay in the busy city.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jarurat
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I spent my birthday evening at Okura Hotel in Bangkok and what I can stay...wonderful atmosphere, both in the Spa and at Elements restaurant, good food and very friendly and high professional staff. I would like to thank Khun Vit, Khun Noona and Khun Ballvalve for their good service during the dinner and all spa team that surprised me with "Happy Birthday" song! In my next trip I will surely stay at this beautiful hotel!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simone s
United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed in November 2012 for one night when travelling through Bangkok. A very comfortable hotel which lives up to its membership of The Leading Hotels of the World Group. Efficient service and a well appointed room with great views. Great views also from the infinity pool . There are not many sun loungers. Not a problem when we were there but if the hotel is busy I wonder if you may find they are all being used. If you like Japanese food this is the place to stay in Bangkok. If not you can also eat Western style if you prefer.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple