“New Gem in Bangkok”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #6 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We booked this hotel mainly because they're a member of the Leading Hotels of the World (LHW).
I can only recommend to become a member of their programme! You get guaranteed upgrades, free internet and free breakfast. All that we've enjoyed during our stay at the Okura which made it even memorable. The hotel is very conveniently situated withing walking distance of BTS Ploenchit station so you don't have to rely on taxi transport only. I'll go there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leonz
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear leonz,

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us! It is wonderful to hear that the benefits The Leaders Club Card also contributed to making your experience here even better. We hope you make us your home away from home next time you visit Bangkok.

general Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,794)

Reviewed 3 March 2013

One of the hotels I like most.

This is a relatively small hotel, with some 200 rooms. But the rooms are so nicely furnished and provide free wifi. I specially like their idea of separating the bath room and the toilet.

Breakfast is good. Overall service is excellent. Staff are always helpful and wear a smile on their faces.

Location of the hotel is also good, just one stop from Central World BTS station and two stop from Siam Pentagon.

I give them 99 out of 100. The only little pity is that as a Chinese, the TV channels only offer two Mainland Chinese Channels which do not worth to watch.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dusty747,

Thank you for your great review and seeing a 99/100 was a great read on a Monday morning! We certainly love to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will work on the missing '1'!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back if you are visiting Thailand again!

With our very best regards

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Booked a table for lunch for some Thai friends and friends from the USA. What an amazing experience. Buffet lunch was outstanding, service was excellent. Khun Adisorn - Executive Housekeeping manager, was really a joy. He really made sure that the table was perfectly situated for my guests. The guests were so impressed with the experience that they have now booked a stay in the Okura Prestige.
My thanks to Khun Adisorn and the team at the Okura for a splendid lunch.

We will be back.

Room Tip: On this occasion I only had lunch but I have stayed at the Okura and it is a remarkable hotel and we...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Peter,

Thank you so much for being such a great ambassador to our brand! Ones says that 'love-goes-through-the-stomach' and it looks like we have done this proverb justice. Your comments about Khun Adisorn are now also decorating our staff notice board! Thank you so much.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The staff in ther hotel are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms a really big. The food in the restaurants were average. Location is great, just 2 stops from Siam Paragon. The only thing I didn't like was the pillow. Oh, yes they have beautiful infinity pool and a gym with the pool view. Overall, well worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2013

Hello Anbadev! Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at The Okura Prestige Bangkok. We are delighted to hear your feedback about our hotel and staff.

I appreciate your feedback about our pillows and will certainly review this issue. We do have a vast variety of pillows for our clients to chose from and we will ensure this information is more easily available. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is our second time at this hotel. Even though it's convenient for travelers but I have difficult time finding taxi from other places back to the hotel since the traffic in Bangkok pretty bad. The hotel offer a wide range of food selection and close by attraction. Last time, my mother have a bad time since she keeps fall over the conner of the stair going to 1st floor, but this time, they have but two rocks to cover it, quite nice idea!.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Annabella

Thank you for returning to The Okura Prestige Bangkok and for sharing the details of your stay on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience once again. We are glad you noticed the changes we made to the steps in the lobby since your first stay and must apologise once again that your mother tripped over those when you were last here. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I really enjoyed staying at the Okura Prestige. The hotel staff were extra attentive to my needs and showered us with hospitality and great attention to details. They were very helpful through out my stay and made my experience a truly enjoyable one. I would definitely recommend the Okura to friends and family.

Room Tip: Book a room that is with the okura club to get faster internet and access to food
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear NAK13
You were very kind to say those kind words about our staff. We couldn't agree more!! Thank you for your patronage and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I have stayed in other places that I loved more for their character, charm, and history. The Okura doesn't have a lot of those things, but it is probably the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in, and you cannot deny that every little detail is given the utmost care and is basically perfect. I stayed here for work and I thought it was pretty spectacular, from the delicious breakfast buffet to the paper cranes left on my pillow during turn-down service. The staff were all wonderful, service was perfect, and the room was beautiful. All the amenities were top-notch, although I didn't use the gym or pool, so I can't speak to those (the pool is a sight unto itself, though!). The location is just great - right in the heart of the downtown action, *right* on the skytrain, and near to a million places to eat, from street food markets to upscale restaurants. The Okura is just a really beautiful hotel, in all respects - for business travel in particular, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank sel99

Dear sel99,
Your prose is quite enchanting and thank you for your positive comments about our facilities and the service provided by our staff. It is always nice to hear such wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!!
Regards,