What's Good about this Hotel:
- Really close to BTS station, Shelter walkway all the way to BTS Station (5 min walk)
- Has a 7-11 and pretty nice cafe just outside
- Very quiet area, good for people who like privacy
- Check-in at 24th Floor
- Pretty nice view
- Fancy coffee machine in room
- nice Japanese style room
- Alternative Japanese Breakfast option (pretty good for a change)
What Happened for Us:
- was served by a new staff
- the staff got our room wrong, gave us a twin, instead of a double
- waited around 20 mins to get our luggage back to continue our itinerary
- no welcome drink to occupy us during the wait
What's NOT so good about hotel:
- more suitable for business travelers, especially if you're Japanese, because they have staff who speaks good Japanese. If you speak English, it's not a hotel you want to pay the premium for.
- pillow not that good
- room cleaning service not that thorough, still had water and stain in coffee machine & ice bucket.
- more inclined to serving Japanese better, overheard another English speaking guest complaining at the counter as well
- there's no street food, no night shopping, no Bangkok "bustling" feel to it. So if you're look for those, you can skip this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Okura Prestige Bangkok combines Japan’s rich service culture and attention to detail with Thailand’s world-famous standards of hospitality. This new luxury hotel, with 240 rooms and suites, is located in the award-winning Park Ventures Ecoplex building at the heart of the city’s Central Business District. The hotel offers direct access to the city’s BTS skytrain network at Phloen Chit station and sits close to major shopping malls, embassies and commercial districts. Every room and suite offers impressive views across the dynamic Bangkok skyline through triple-glazed tinted panoramic windows that insulate against both heat and noise. The rooms combine comfort and luxury with the very latest technological developments designed to impress business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd., Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Okura Prestige Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.