“A New Upscale Experience for Bangkok”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #6 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 November 2013

If service and style are important to you as a traveler, the Okura Prestige in Bangkok, will more than satisfy your needs. So many special touches that strike a note of perfection in making a memorable stay. The location is wonderful too with the Sky Train at hand and its tree lined street is home to the US Embassy a few blocks away. Elements Restaurant has a new chef with real talent and fresh menu to add to already great menu with a very romantic setting . As an American, having been to Tokyo a year ago, I found the Japanese influence as a reminder of another great trip I had to Japan.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Rebecca B
Thank you so much for your review of The Okura Prestige Bangkok! Sometimes the biggest luxury is to be far away from home and still feel the same comfort on the other side of the planet. Is there much better in life than being pampered in a hotel with a Spa and a lovely dinner, thus we absolutely appreciate that you did just that. In all our Okura Hotels were are proud of our Food and Beverage offerings and our motto is to provide best 'Accommodation, best Cuisine and best Services' and every month we have very unique happenings on offer. Our Elements Restaurant has had a great success since we launched it about 1 ½ years ago and Chef Henry Jordan and his team are doing wonders there! We appreciate your business and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon when your travels bring you to this part of the world.
Thank you once again for your business

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very nice! I love the bar on the 24th floor. The food was really nice and the prices are reasonable. The place looks very neat as well. I recommend it!

My friends and I had the wonderful dinner. I love that I can see great view of Bangkok. The staffs are great. We will return to try the other dishes!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for posting a charming review of your dinner and bar experience at The Okura Prestige Bangkok. We are really pleased we were able to make your evening so very special. The hotel offers many excellent facilities including our signature Elements Restaurant which is 'inspired by' the Two Michelin Star Ciel Bleu of our Okura Amsterdam, the award-winning Yamazato Restaurant a not to forget the daily superb Afternoon Tea, as well as our Up&Above terrace Bar serving bespoke cocktails and live Jazz music. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends again on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I went BKK every year, this is the worst 5 stars hotel I have ever visited. I don’t think I can receive what I paid for. Apart from the new facilitates of the hotel, nothing worth to be praised.
First of all, when I checked in, the staff took initiative to ask me when would me like to check out, I said 2pm. Then she checked the occupancy and answer no, then I said how about 1pm, she also said no. I have to check out at 12noon. I was wondering if late check out is not allowed why she asked me such question? Why don’t just told me I have to check out at 12?

After checked in, already past 2 pm, the room was not ready, I have to keep waiting over 15mins.

After getting the room, seem every things are ok, but later on I discovered there was stool sticking inside the toilet bowl…….OMG…. anyway, I just keep flushing the toilet without telling the problem to the hotel.

I went to the up& above restaurant for afternoon tea. No one give me the menu ever I was arranged to be seated for 15mins. The staff here just keep doing other things or chatting. The staff just remembered to give me the menu when I went out to the counter. The food was long awaited as well. The dish was ready after 20 mins, more disappointed was the freshness of the sandwiches and fruit tarts. I don’t think this is a 5 stars standard. I could find a much much better quality for an almost 1000bhat afternoon tea set outside.

More disappointed one happened during night, already informed hotel for birthday celebration before check in, the purpose already showed in the voucher as well. The hotel promised to arrange birthday cake for me at specific time. No one follow up this until I phoned the counter asking why no one sending the offer to us after the specific time. My honey was no longer feeling surprise even received the cake later on.

For the breakfast variety, it is quite limited when compared with other luxuary hotels. I don’t know what the staff were busy for. No one took those dirty dishes away even the dishes were finished and they should noticed it existed over 20 mins.

Overall, disappointed stay!

2  Thank TT H
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

I appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor and thank you very much for your honest feedback on your stay with us. I would like to apologise for your overall experience as I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with the service you received during your visit to the hotel.

It was disheartening to learn that you were kept waiting for your room on arrival, even though it was only 15 minutes. Due to high occupancy it unfortunately took more time to prepare the room and as such it was also difficult for us to extend a late departure. I must also apologise for the longer than expected wait in our restaurant and that our staff did not attend to you immediately on arrival. We certainly have managed these situations very poorly; we do strive to offer each of our guests a flawless experience so we are extremely sorry when inconsistencies in our service occur and your experience is certainly one we are not very proud of.

As humbling as it is to receive this criticism, your critique will serve our team well, as we do continually look to find opportunities to improve our levels of service and attention to detail. I would like to reassure you that, while your stay certainly did not meet the highest level of service I know we are capable of your experience is a rare one – one that I hope you will allow us to improve upon. I hope you will let us know the next time you are travelling to Bangkok and give us a second chance.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This stay at perfect. I had heard a lot about this hotel but wanted to be very sure and I was not disappointed at all. The room was big and clean and the staff made it a point to constantly ensure that my stay would be perfect. The breakfast selection is a delight and with two outstanding options of either a Japanese set meal or a lovely buffet. The pool was fantastic and is great for lazing. To top it all, the hotel is quiet despite connecting to a BTS station. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Leslie_Chua
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We’re delighted that your expectations were met and that you had a very pleasant stay with us as you managed to enjoy all we had to offer, starting from this buildings quite spectacular architecture down to Bangkok’s best breakfast and we are glad you also tried out the authentic Japanese breakfast experience in Yamazato.
We love ensuring that our guests have special memories to take home with them and know that every little extra touch makes a difference. Thank you for your kind words, and we just hope that we’ll have the honour of welcoming you back once again!

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 14 November 2013

As they say, the Okura Prestige is a great mix between Japanese and Thai cultures and services. I have stayed there for a week and have all the best words for this outstanding hotel. Located in the very good part of Bangkok, close to everything, makes this hotel even more interesting. The pool at the 25th floor, the bar terrace at 24th floor and great restaurants at this hotel will make your stay unforgettable and will complete, in any sense, the visit to Bangkok. Strongly recommended. Not often you have a chance to see and enjoy the ambiance, warmness of staff and offer quality like the Okura Prestige at Wireless Road in Bangkok

Room Tip: Higher floors with a city view are gorgeous
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear armendin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your week long stay with us.
Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that their time with us is memorable and special, as such I am delighted to read that we managed to leave such a 'Prestige' impression that you will always remember.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed several times at the Okura in Tokyo, so i know a little about this brand. to the point; It has been a long time since I experienced the true meaning of service, even after being here in Asia for 26 years. I am from Europe by the way. Spend the Friday night, with the wife, for a weekend getaway, and enjoyed a great dinner at the Elements restaurant (super deal by the way).

I lived in Tokyo for 8 years, speak the lingo a little according to my wife, and was pleasantly pleased with the true meaning of service. They went beyond and above their 'duties' and made her birthday a memorable one.

Okura, if you read this, count me in for many more times to come. Rooms are super by the way, and the misses loved your spa treatment and service!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Jean Paul W

Thank you for your warm and positive review! We appreciate you trying our signature restaurant Elements on your week-end gataway and are thrilled to see you enjoyed another Okura!

It is wonderful to read you found our service to be unparalleled- this is feedback that lets us know we are on a roll! We can't wait to welcome you back in the future for another celebration. We are certainly counting on you and are looking forward to your next visit!

All the very best

Reviewed 11 November 2013

2 nights, three days in a fantastic hotel. Beautiful room with amazing views, outstanding service, astonishing swimming pool with best views ever, good ambiance... All details were sorted out for the guest to feel comfortable, special and unique. Strongly recommended.
Train just on the corner make it very comfortable also in terms of location as you can easily move across the city.

Room Tip: We took the second best and got upgraded when we arrived. Just above the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear ignacioJV

Thank you for your wonderful review!!

We are so happy that you could enjoy your stay with us here in Bangkok and it looks like you really took advantage of all that we have to offer! Yes, the pool is indeed spectacular, and the room you occupied overlooking the pool and the city is indeed a great pick, thank you for recommending this! We truly appreciate your support and compliments about our level of customer service.

We can't wait to welcome you back to the Okura Family.