“Fantastic Stay at Okure Prestige in Bangkok”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #6 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Seattle
“Fantastic Stay at Okure Prestige in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

View from top (34.) floor rooms is amazing. The staff is very attentive and knowledgeable.

Biggest hurdle is maybe that many taxi drivers are not aware of the hotel and have trouble finding it. Pointing out that the hotel is next to the Phloen Chit BTS station helps.

Room Tip: Top floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear ss1110,
I appreciate your review of our Bangkok hotel. Service is of utmost importance to all of us at Okura, and I am pleased you found our hotel accommodations and guest services to be fantastic. I hope to see you back at The Okura Prestige on your next visit – and as time goes by, with additional efforts from us, slowly the cab drivers will be more familiar with our central hotel. For that we have a mountains to climb :-)
Sincerely
Samir Wildemann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

What can I say of the Okura, the pool is amazing, everyone goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable, and the rooms are of the higher standard I have stayed on.

If you like modern classy hotels with incredible views of Bangkok, and ample rooms, look no further!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ernesto F
Dear ErnestoFunes
Thank you for giving us such great feedback on your TripAdvisor review following your recent stay at our Bangkok property! Thank you too for your very kind comments with regards to our staff and the service we all provided. The pool certainly deserves a separate mention and we are not surprised you found this unique feature which is protruding out over Bangkok’s skyline as stunning. We regularly share such comments with the architect of this building which he always returns with a smile :-) !
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Okura Prestige on your next trip to Thailand.
With our very best regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Not only does the hotel provide what they say they will, they go beyond. 3 things were memorable about my stay.

1) Locked out: Perhaps its trust, perhaps fatigue but I forgot at least 3 times to lock my safe. The hotel locked it for me, took a photo and/or listed the contents of the safe and VERY promptly opened it up when I called them.

2) Breakfast box: I had a late night flight but paid for the last full night. I requested a breakfast box upon checkout and they provided a generous box that left me with wonderful, delicious memories of the hotel.

3) Not in it for the money, it seems: Since my check out was so late and I didn't want to deal with fees I just agreed to pay for the entire night. I paid it but later on that evening I got a note from the hotel with a revised invoice. They gave me the night for free when they had every right to charge me the entire stay.

1 Thank Simone B
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Simone B,
Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay with us at The Okura Prestige here in Bangkok!
We are humbled by the kind comments about the service you experienced. It will be a pleasure to pass on your kind words to the team as I know they will love to learn how our guests enjoyed their stay.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you in our direction.
Sincerely
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Being quite picky guests, my husband and I started playing a little game while staying at Okura earlier this month - "find what is missing here?". And all we could find during our one week stay is that it takes a little bit of effort to squeeze shower gel out of the tube:-) Simply said, Okura is a fabulous hotel!
It is designed in elegant in subtle Japanese style, with dark yet warm colors. Rooms are spacious, with all amenities that you might even think you could need. Location is ideal for exploring Bangkok. Breakfast is delightful with wide choice of fresh produce (choice of fresh juices is impressive). Infinity pool on 24th floor looks amazing so is the view you can enjoy from it, and it is very appreciated breakaway from Bangkok afternoon heat.
But that is only one side of the story. There are other beautiful hotels, but there are not many other hotels with such a superb service! Stuff is incredibly kind and would help with any kind of request you may have. What we loved are little things they would do here for a guest - like leaving cute little notes on your bed, or writing down the address you are going to in Thai language (very helpful with taxi drivers). We were once approached on the reception desk by a gentlemen who took 15 minutes to recommend a restaurant just like we wanted that night (and btw, recommended a perfect one). Later, we were told he is a GM of the hotel. Not many GMs would come to the reception desk, not if only to check that everything is ok.
We really loved this hotel and felt special while staying there. Rates are a bit higher compared to BKK's standard, but the value for the money is incredible! We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear MajaVDJ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent visit to The Okura Prestige Bangkok.
I was thrilled to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Your kind comments about the facilities are most appreciated and I am delighted that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer, and that starts with the lovely breakfast spread we provide every morning and for which we certainly get many mentions.
We are very proud of our staff and it is always gratifying to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased too that our Concierge team (as well as his apprentice assistant!) were able to assist you during your time with us.
I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to all the team.
We thank you for being such a great ambassador to Okura Hotels and we hope to welcome you back to our property here in Bangkok in the not too distant future.
Yours Sincerely
Varna, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Okura Prestige Bangkok is a hospitality marvel. It has looked in every small detail of service. The point of service after all is to minimise the effort the guest has to make. It is about wanting to help and please the client. And Okura Prestige Bangkok delivers it 101 percent. Effortlessly.

Located in the vibrant Lumpini area, just 2 stops from Siam Paragon on the BTS Skytrain - one of the best shopping centres in the world, the hotel is easy accessible from everywhere. The ride to the reception area on the 24 floor takes seconds. You are then welcomed and guided to the receptionist, where check-in is fast and efficient. Check-out is also quick & painless. Whoever from the staff you ask for assistance, and I have done it with 4-5 people, they always go an extra mile to help.

With two Michelin-starred restaurants, warm Japanese-style hospitality and most professional staff, Okura Prestige Bangkok tops my list of hotels in the Thai capital. Congratulations to Mr. Wildermann and the hotel's dream team.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, well-appointed and above 24th floor
Dear Nikolai B,
Thank you for those very kind words. We are a small hotel so our biggest competitive marker is the service that we can provide, and with you we must have hit the bulls eye. I have taken the liberty to share your comments with our staff at our weekly meeting; our guest service staff was beaming with pride.
We hope to see you back in in the not too distant future, until then safe travels.
All the best
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

The Okura is fast becoming my favorite hotel in the world, yet is still a great value for the services provided. Even after three stays, I'm still discovering new amenities in the rooms that I hadn't appreciated before. Having become accustomed to other hotels' extra charges for add-on items, I appreciate the free minibar beer, green tea setup, bath salts, good quality coffee, and wi-fi all provided free of charge. (The one thing I miss from before, however, is the chocolate-covered bananas. Bring them back!) This is one hotel where the base room rate takes care of everything, and everything is replenished twice a day, as the turn-down service is really a full-fledged room makeup for the afternoon. Staff in the club lounge are especially helpful and friendly. The acoustics in the Atrium are just right for live music (they had a fine jazz trio this past week). I also find the One Harmony loyalty program to be fairly generous with points, although most participating hotels are concentrated in Asia.

Room Tip: Club level for top services and access to lounge.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear SEAsiaTraveler27,

Many thanks for your review.
It’s a joy to know that our entire team continues to provide phenomenal service for your return visits to our Bangkok hotel; we appreciate your loyalty.

We have shared your kind words with our staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to your “home away from home”.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Five stars. Rather than a bloated behemoth with acres of marble tile and expansive chandeliers, this hotel succeeds with full-scale luxury in a modern, compact building. Breakfast was always abundant and delightful. Special thanks to Santiago and Niki for the personalized service.

Room Tip: Floor 33 is best for convenient access to club lounge on same floor.
Dear jneonline,
It's a joy reading your review; I appreciate your comments regarding our Bangkok Hotel. Our entire team cares greatly about ensuring that each guest has a memorable visit and for all the right reasons; I'm thrilled that you experienced just that. I've shared your kudos with our Club Lounge team, especially Santiago and Nikki; they are very grateful for your kind words.
I sincerely appreciate your endorsement of The Okura Prestige and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.