“LOOOOVE this hotel”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #4 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I love this hotel. Beautiful design, excellent amenities, and incredibly friendly staff. They rarely have promotional rates...that's their only drawback.

I want to give a special mention to Santiago at the front desk. He was incredibly kind and friendly. If everyone did their job as well as he did, the world would be a happy place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank d0ndequiera
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear d0ndequiera,
We’re absolutely glowing – thank you so much for your' Loooovely' review and the five star rating. I am thrilled too that you picked up on the tiny service details that make The Okura Prestige Bangkok so wonderful. Santiago has certainly contributed to making your stay even more special and I can tell you that I am as happy as he is to see his name standing out for the service he delivered and we are especially proud to have people like him in our team.
We greatly appreciate your business and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

It was pleasure to stay at Okura prestige.No words to explain the beauty of hotel.
Wonderful Day and night view from room. Excellent interior, services and staff. Staff at reception like SIRAPHAT and SANTIAGO who were very gentle, soft spoken and very helpful whenever they were needed. We received excellent customer service from both of THEM and others too.
Definitely would like to come back here whenever will get chance to come to Bangkok.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Supriiya121,
Thank you for your kind review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at our Bangkok hotel, be it the design or the amazing city views we offer from all of our guest-rooms; however, the greatest compliment to receive is knowing that you experienced top notch service from our staff and Khun Siriphat as well as Arren Santiago were again two that deserved a special mention! Our entire team prides themselves on providing lasting memories for our guests and I'm pleased that you had a memorable visit. Thank you for your business and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Okura Prestige Bangkok when your travels bring you back to town!

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Having previously visited the Spa and pool area at the Okura, I knew I wanted to stay there during my next trip in Bangkok... And I am not disappointed.

We originally booked one night, but immediately extended, and are currently staying in an amazing room on the 30th floor.

So far, our experience has been perfect. Check-in was painless and the young lady who escorted us to our room (Vanessa, from HK) was delightful and very helpful. The room amenities are top-notch, from light, temperature and housekeeping control via tablet to the funky Japanese toilet, from the traditional green tea set provided to the Elle Spa toiletries, every detail of our room at the Okura left us speechless. Our view (towards the Plaza Athenee) puts a smile on our face as soon as we open our eyes in the morning.

Mr. Wildemann's team is trained to the highest standards, providing incredibly kind and professional service. It seems every staff member at the Okura is truly devoted to making guests feel pampered and at home - exactly what we needed after a long backpacking trip through South East Asia.

The infinity pool, the quality of the dishes ordered through room-service, the speed of the express laundry service, the delicious drinks at Up&Above, the accommodating concierge staff, the fresh smell throughout, the easy access to Dean & Deluca... All of these details and so many more make for a perfect stay in what is probably the best city hotel I have slept at.

Higly reccomended! It would be a pleasure to meet Mr. Wildemann and extend our most sincere gratitude in person. Thank you to everyone at Okura Prestige for making our last days in Bangkok a truly enjoyable experience... We will be back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Diane S
Many thanks for your review. I'm delighted that an initial visit to our Spa and pool made you return for a more in-depth experience of our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay as well as your luxurious and spacious guestrooms.
I appreciate your comments regarding your arrival experience and have shared your kudos with Vanessa. I do regret that I was unable to see you during your stay as I was travelling, but I sincerely hope to have the honour of welcoming you back in the near future for another Okura experience.
Thank you for your business and thank you once again for your lovely review!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

View from top (34.) floor rooms is amazing. The staff is very attentive and knowledgeable.

Biggest hurdle is maybe that many taxi drivers are not aware of the hotel and have trouble finding it. Pointing out that the hotel is next to the Phloen Chit BTS station helps.

Room Tip: Top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear ss1110,
I appreciate your review of our Bangkok hotel. Service is of utmost importance to all of us at Okura, and I am pleased you found our hotel accommodations and guest services to be fantastic. I hope to see you back at The Okura Prestige on your next visit – and as time goes by, with additional efforts from us, slowly the cab drivers will be more familiar with our central hotel. For that we have a mountains to climb :-)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

What can I say of the Okura, the pool is amazing, everyone goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable, and the rooms are of the higher standard I have stayed on.

If you like modern classy hotels with incredible views of Bangkok, and ample rooms, look no further!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ernesto F

Dear ErnestoFunes
Thank you for giving us such great feedback on your TripAdvisor review following your recent stay at our Bangkok property! Thank you too for your very kind comments with regards to our staff and the service we all provided. The pool certainly deserves a separate mention and we are not surprised you found this unique feature which is protruding out over Bangkok’s skyline as stunning. We regularly share such comments with the architect of this building which he always returns with a smile :-) !
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Okura Prestige on your next trip to Thailand.
With our very best regards

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Not only does the hotel provide what they say they will, they go beyond. 3 things were memorable about my stay.

1) Locked out: Perhaps its trust, perhaps fatigue but I forgot at least 3 times to lock my safe. The hotel locked it for me, took a photo and/or listed the contents of the safe and VERY promptly opened it up when I called them.

2) Breakfast box: I had a late night flight but paid for the last full night. I requested a breakfast box upon checkout and they provided a generous box that left me with wonderful, delicious memories of the hotel.

3) Not in it for the money, it seems: Since my check out was so late and I didn't want to deal with fees I just agreed to pay for the entire night. I paid it but later on that evening I got a note from the hotel with a revised invoice. They gave me the night for free when they had every right to charge me the entire stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Simone B
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Simone B,
Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay with us at The Okura Prestige here in Bangkok!
We are humbled by the kind comments about the service you experienced. It will be a pleasure to pass on your kind words to the team as I know they will love to learn how our guests enjoyed their stay.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you in our direction.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Being quite picky guests, my husband and I started playing a little game while staying at Okura earlier this month - "find what is missing here?". And all we could find during our one week stay is that it takes a little bit of effort to squeeze shower gel out of the tube:-) Simply said, Okura is a fabulous hotel!
It is designed in elegant in subtle Japanese style, with dark yet warm colors. Rooms are spacious, with all amenities that you might even think you could need. Location is ideal for exploring Bangkok. Breakfast is delightful with wide choice of fresh produce (choice of fresh juices is impressive). Infinity pool on 24th floor looks amazing so is the view you can enjoy from it, and it is very appreciated breakaway from Bangkok afternoon heat.
But that is only one side of the story. There are other beautiful hotels, but there are not many other hotels with such a superb service! Stuff is incredibly kind and would help with any kind of request you may have. What we loved are little things they would do here for a guest - like leaving cute little notes on your bed, or writing down the address you are going to in Thai language (very helpful with taxi drivers). We were once approached on the reception desk by a gentlemen who took 15 minutes to recommend a restaurant just like we wanted that night (and btw, recommended a perfect one). Later, we were told he is a GM of the hotel. Not many GMs would come to the reception desk, not if only to check that everything is ok.
We really loved this hotel and felt special while staying there. Rates are a bit higher compared to BKK's standard, but the value for the money is incredible! We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear MajaVDJ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent visit to The Okura Prestige Bangkok.
I was thrilled to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Your kind comments about the facilities are most appreciated and I am delighted that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer, and that starts with the lovely breakfast spread we provide every morning and for which we certainly get many mentions.
We are very proud of our staff and it is always gratifying to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased too that our Concierge team (as well as his apprentice assistant!) were able to assist you during your time with us.
I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to all the team.
We thank you for being such a great ambassador to Okura Hotels and we hope to welcome you back to our property here in Bangkok in the not too distant future.
Yours Sincerely