“Good service n Location”

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #4 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Nice staff, friendly and helpful! Good location! Beautiful swimming pool, feel like swimming in the sky! Good breakfast, beautifully served in Japanese restaurant, fruits served very fresh though portion is too big for female.

• Stayed: April 2014
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Luluwmxhan,

Thank you for your feedback in this TripAdvisor review.
We are pleased to know you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the decor, the helpful and friendly staff to our very central and convenient location.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed 25 April 2014

exceptional hotel in terms of facilities, view is spectacular as the lowest level of the hotel is 24th, service is what Asia is famous for, breakfast is gorgeous with a great variety and quality of food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Alejandro,

There is a good reason why Thailand is known as the ‘Land of Smiles’ and it is a real pleasure to being able to share true Thai Hospitality here at The Okura Prestige in Bangkok.
The willingness and friendliness of our employees to show the true meaning of hospitality is something unique to Asia, and especially Thailand, and being able to share this with you at our hotel is indeed a real pleasure.

It would be our greatest pleasure to welcome you back to our Hotel, where we combine Okura's rich service culture with genuine Thai Hospitality.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My teenage son was on Spring break last week & I decided to surprise him with a special vacation. What better than Bangkok & and a stay at a familiar name. The Okura in Bangkok exceeded our high expectations and redefined the concept of superior service. Nothing was too much or too little for this wonderful team as they made it their top priority to notice the "little things". Also, thanks to the GM, Samir for his instant follow up and special thanks to Thomas for magically finding my son's iphone with no time to spare before catching our plane!
Superb Hotel, great restaurants & our new home in Bangkok!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Zak A

Dear Zak A,
Thank you so much for being such a great ambassador to our Okura brand!
Thank you too for the five-star rating!! We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and you were happy with all that we have to offer at The Okura Prestige here in Bangkok. We are continuously adding new happenings and do sign up to our newsletter via our website so you will not miss anything, even if your home is not right next door! I shared your Kudos with Thomas and glad he noticed where your son had dropped his phone!
Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here one night and wished we had stayed longer. The sky train has an exit that leads directly to the hotel making the tourist attractions and the airport very easy to access. The pool area is very relaxing and offers great views. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Shane D
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Shane,

Many thanks for the great comments in this review!
It is always a pleasure to learn from our guests that they had an enjoyable stay with us. We are very fortunate to enjoy such a prime location and I am glad to read that you were able to benefit from it.
We too look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Thailand and we would be delighted if we can have the opportunity to serve you for more than one day!

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was very excited to try this new hotel as I have been traveling to Bangkok for business for ten years and read all of the excellent reviews. My original reservation was for two weeks but I departed after two nights. The check-in process was smooth as it was after midnight. The air conditioner in my room was very noisy and woke me up several times. The drain in the shower room drained very slowly. There were stains on my walls. This hotel is only a year old. I just wasn't impressed with the room. The first morning for breakfast, I went to the main breakfast room and they were out of a lot of food. I waited to see if they would refill the items I wanted and they didn't. I went to the pool hoping to spend the afternoon relaxing. It was very crowded and much smaller than I anticipated. That evening I went to the executive lounge, which prompted me to leave. It was extremely hot and again, they were out of food. The staff that served drinks were very pleasant and I have nothing bad to say against anyone working there. Everyone is extremely friendly. They just need to work on their service. The next morning I tried to check out and lunchtime and return to work. There were 3 agents working and I waited 20 minutes to check out. They kept apologizing saying how busy they were. I was late returning to work. I travel to Bangkok frequently but sadly I won't return here. If you have never tried other Bangkok hotels, these problems may not bother you. However, if you have been spoiled by Bangkok hotels that know what they are doing, then you will not want to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank creekgirl01

Thank you for your feedback in this TripAdvisor review following a previous stay.

We are appreciative of your comments and naturally disappointed you were not satisfied with your experience. Providing our guests with the best possible service and to customise each of their stays with us is a continued goal for all of us here at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, something which we clearly did not succeed in doing on this particular occasion.
In my earlier correspondence with you we had extended an invitation and I hope we will have the opportunity on a future visit to demonstrate to you that what you experienced was an exception and not the norm.
Rest assured we have shared your feedback with my team to review.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the location is great, breakfast buffet is great, hotel front desk and concierge service is first rated. Can't find any fault with this hotel. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Blackiekitty,

Thank you for your wonderful review! It’s such a pleasure to know when guests have taken advantage of different aspects of The Okura Prestige, from the excellent breakfast spread to the services of our very dedicated Concierge team which is headed by Khun Panisa.
We love ensuring that our guests have special memories to take home with them and know that every little extra touch makes a difference.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 days. Upgraded to Okura Club (free cocktail and wine from 5.30pm to 7.30pm, yay) and stayed at 34th floor. The view was simply fantastic. The design, layout of the room and the service provided exuded highest quality and finest detail. The daily origami was a nice touch. That the slippers were arranged nicely by the bed after room service was another thoughful gesture. The gym was nice, and the pool at 25th floor was simply breathtaking. I was reluctant to leave the hotel during my stay. And yes the breakfast was very good too. One of my best experience so far.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeoTanSg
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear LeoTanSg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review from your most recent stay at The Okura Prestige in Bangkok. We take pride in maintaining and continuously improving this beautiful property and truly appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience. We are so happy to hear that you felt so comfortable here in our care that you even felt reluctant to leave the Hotel!
It would give you a nice reason to return to Bangkok again and discover this amazing and bustling city!
On behalf of the staff, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!