“Outstanding”

Ranked #6 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Absolutely perfect service, accomodation, food, location. I never write reviews but this hotel exceeded all expectations. From check in to check out everythin was outstanding. Absolutely worth every penny. Staff is great, rooms are spacious

• Stayed June 2014
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Yelenapak,

Welcome to this wonderful platform, and thank you for sharing such a glowing review of your stay at The Okura Prestige Bangkok.
We are elated that you were able to experience such a memorable stay here in the city! We certainly are very proud of our team; their hard work is matched by a warm, welcoming and upbeat attitude that we hope helps us stand apart.

We will continue to do all we can to ensure our guests have fantastic experiences at the Hotel and we would be really pleased if a future holiday will bring you back to The Okura Prestige here in Thailand.

Yours sincerely
Samir Wildemann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Truly one of the finest hotels in Bangkok. We stayed here over a long weekend to attend friend's wedding in the hotel. Japanese-style rooms with amazing attention to detail in amenities, including the complimentary green tea and slippers. Service was overall immaculate and the bartenders at the Up & Above Bar are really among the most attentive I have encountered in Bangkok, and they know their Japanese whisky to boot. Unbeatable location for those looking for shopping and restaurants, the hotel is just a stone throw's away from the new 5-star Embassy Mall.

Special thank you to Mr Wildemann and Oda-san for responding quickly to my inquiry and suggestions. One of the hallmarks of a great establishment is the quality and care of people that run it.

Room Tip: Mine came with views of the nearby park belonging to the US Embassy. Two wifi options - one free and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Leavesofgrass,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback from your recent stay at The Okura Prestige here in Bangkok. I am delighted to hear that different aspects of our services and surroundings made such a positive impression on you, during your stay.

Being in a central location with easy access to all of the shopping and strolling through Bangkok’s busy pavements is a must while here and being able to directly access Bangkok’s BTS ‘Sky Train’ from our building brings many areas in the city within easy reach.

I will make sure your kind review is shared among our team and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your back to the hotel for another joyous occasion, maybe?

Sincerely

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the moment I arrived, late evening after many hours of travel, until I left 11 days later, the staff at The Okura Prestige made me feel as if I were their most special guest. The rooms are beautifully appointed and comfortable in every way. Service is above and beyond -- including the concierge who discouraged me from taking an expensive solo tour and showed me exactly how to get around on my own. Doing so really added to the wonderful experience of my first trip to Bangkok. I cannot recall a more enjoyable and memorable hotel experience, and I hope to return there with my husband someday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Barbara B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent tay to The Okura Prestige Bangkok.

I was thrilled to read that your first trip to Bangkok was not disappointing. Your kind comments about the facilities are most appreciated and I am delighted that you found our services to be ‘above and beyond’!

We are very proud of our staff and it is always gratifying to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that our staff was pleasant and that our Concierge team were able to facilitate your sightseeing and getting around this vast and bustling city. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.

Washing DC is right around the globe, not the corner, but we do hope welcoming you, with your husband, back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Caracas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at the Okura Prestige in Bangkok this weekend (July 11-July 13). The Hotel is new in a city full of excellent 5 star Hotels. It is a nice new building, tastefully decorated with rooms that are not as large as other 5 star hotels in Bangkok. Generally speaking my experience was good. However, there was a major problem. On July 12 at 9 am I went to have breakfast and found that they have two restaurants, Up and Above (International) and a Japanese Restaurant. There was no place in Up and Above, there were about 15 people queing up there (outside). Therefore, I opted for the japanese place, where only japanese clients were, having of course japanese breakfast which is an acquired taste. When I finished, the jananese restaurant was also full and there were people queing outside, and the line at the international restaurant was still huge. This has never happened to me ever. Especially not in an expensive 5 star Hotel. I told this to the staff and the only thing the manager did was to say he was sorry. These guys build a 5 star Hotel without the capacity to serve breakfast for all their guests...Amazing. I honestly prefer many other 5 star good options in Bangkok, like the Sukothai Hotel, or the Four Seasons, not to speak of the spectacular Mandarin Oriental Hotel or even two options on the same road: Plaza Athenée and Oriental Residence Bangkok. Bangkok has many, many choices of good Hotels, so I do not recommend staying at the Okura during a busy season or you can have breakfast at 6am, like I did on July 13th and then I had no problems and was able to have breakfast at Up and Above (which was good by the way).

2 Thank JesusSCaracas
Dear JesusSCaracas,

Thank you for your review.

There is nothing more valuable to us than guest feedback, thus we appreciate greatly that you took time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your guestroom and the decoration of the hotel. Our team works passionately each day to ensure the very best service for our guests, and we apologize that your experience over breakfast was not up to our usual high standards and we confirm that we had a problem over the past week-end.
Due to a larger party in house that came at one time, we were certainly ill-prepared and it is something we sincerely regret as it has affected your overall stay experience.

We do want to ensure that every guest visit is seamless and meets our customer’s high expectations, which we will work diligently to improve upon and achieve. Should there be an opportunity to remedy this situation during a future stay, please do contact me directly. I would also like the opportunity to have you try out one of our other rooms, as we have, due to the unique shape of our building, over 50 size and layout options we can choose from.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on 3 here occasions , it.is. Exceptional . Every details is perfect. Everything not one single fault and it's so well priced . In NYC this is 500 dollars or more , I think it worth out 150-200. Great business centre,infinity roof pool dangles off the side . The building is connected to bts sky train terminal but as the hotel starts at floor 25-26 it's another world up there. This hotel is very much a Tokyo hotel. The decoration, style , staff it's a high end Tokyo hotel in Bangkok!! Fast wifi, Egyptian cotton sheets, umbrellas, dressing room/ walking in cupboard . If you can afford a corner room get it! Quiet air con it's just detail detail detail .

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Let me take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your appreciation towards our hotel, and we are thrilled to read your review and knowing that we have managed to deliver a great hotel experience.

Thank you for choosing The Okura Prestige Bangkok and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

It was my first time in Bangkok and the Okura hotel made the experience amazing. The service provided is outstanding. All the staff is ready for helping any moment you need them. I enjoyed very much that the person from the reception guide me to the room, that is very appreciated when you are tired from traveling... Also the next day I needed directions to get to my office and one person of staff came with me all the way downstairs and outside to the reception of the next building where my company is, to make sure that I got there right. The room was perfect, the courtesy of getting every night an origami figure and fruit is very nice. Also I could spent time at the pool, very enjoyable with great views. Highly recommended and looking forward to going again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear AnaPaezAlvarez,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and kind comment about your recent stay with us in Bangkok.

We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable time during your business trip. We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that, for you, our hotel ended up being one of your best hotel stays ever - this is an amazing compliment and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room, the staff and all our facilities we have to offer.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon in Thailand in the near future.

Sincerely
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was in Bangkok for some Embassy matters, and it turned out that The Okure Prestige is the best location to reach many important Embassies, and some like the British and the Swiss ones are just a few minutes walk away. But also everything else is there: business aerea, shopping aereas, BTS - just ideal. The rooms are developped with only very precious materials, and so are all public aereas. I tried all three restaurants: Up & Above for breakfast and all day food, Yamazoto as Japanese restaurant, and the Elements at the high end, in all respects. Food and service in all 3 places is perfect. If you don't miss the not so crystal clear water of Chao Praya River, this is an ideal but not cheap alternative to stay. Personally, I will not hesitate to return when I have to be in this aerea again.

Dear Valentin S,

We value our guest’s feedback and we're delighted that you enjoyed our Hotel so much.

Indeed, we are so centrally located, surrounded by major embassies and being on top of an office building has several advantage such as benefiting of the direct train access, the 24h convenience store and as best of all - our lowest guest room floor is on the 26th level, meaning that you will never be disappointed with any of the views we have to offer.

And thank you too for your lovely comments on our Food and Beverage services, especially our three main restaurants, where Elements and Yamazato certainly deserve a special mention! We are thrilled you liked them all! Have you tried La Patisserie on the Ground Floor for our take-away sandwiches?
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Okura Prestige on your next trip to Bangkok.