“cant wait to come back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Okura Prestige Bangkok

The Okura Prestige Bangkok
Ranked #6 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“cant wait to come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

this hotel is beautiful, it's luxury without being crass and over the top. super convenient location, good room service menu, and unobtrusively good service - we left an item in the room and only realized it when we saw it mysteriously arrived in a paper bag together with the rest of our luggage when we were leaving the hotel - the staff had picked it up and returned it to us without mentioning it. five stars plus one extra for service if i could give it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
1 Thank vichosg
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Vichosg,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your appreciation towards our hotel, and we are thrilled to read your review and knowing that we have managed to deliver a great hotel experience.

Thank you for choosing The Okura Prestige Bangkok and we certainly do look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Samir Wildemann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

it is my first time staying at Okura BKK, Prestige suite room, I like this room very much, every thing is new and clean. I feel like I stat at home. Staff at club floor is friendly, i like to have breakfast at Yamazato coz it is quiet and not too many people.

Room Tip: try high floor especially club room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Vararat T,

Thank you so much for writing this review and for sharing your stay experience to the TripAdvisor community. We are glad you are starting your first on-line review with us!

It’s a joy to read about your great stay at The Okura Prestige Bangkok and the team at the Okura Club Lounge certainly has contributed to a big extent!
I have shared your kudos with Khun Nickie, our Club Floor Manager, and even more so with her devoted team!

Thank you again for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back one day!

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

the hotel is really expensive but its valuable .
the service is outstanding ~staffs are nice helpful. their bell boys truly willing to help us, and they are smart. its really important.
but only the morning breakfast need to wait for a long time. too many ppl with not enough seats. if the day schedule cant be influenced , will recommend to have breakfast in early morning (better before 9:30am)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cathy L
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Cathy L,

Thank you for your very kind review and thank you even more for sharing your stay experience. We are proud to be operating this Okura Hotel here in Thailand where we strive to combine Japanese efficiency with the gentleness of Thai hospitality.

I have also shared your kudos with our Concierge and Bell team and we are thrilled you enjoyed their services!
I am however sorry for your breakfast experience as it certainly did not meet our usual high standards as the restaurant was fully booked, obliging you to wait for a table. A fellow traveller, a few reviews below, has expressed the same concern and it happened over the same week-end. It certainly was an exception and not our norm and I hope we have your kind understanding.
Again, thank you for your otherwise very positive comments and we certainly hope to being able to welcome you back soon.

With our very best regards from Bangkok

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

First time stay in this hotel ,good service you can see the staff smiling everywhere . and connivence location , amazing infinity swim pool and I love open 24 hrs gym house , I definitely to recommend my friends and Clients who visit to bkk , I will back again !

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kmjac
Dear Kmjac,

Thank you for your wonderful review about our Bangkok hotel.

Our staff works diligently to provide memorable experiences for guests, and we’re delighted that you experienced just that.
The pool certainly deserves a separate mention and we are not surprised you found this unique feature which is protruding out over Bangkok’s skyline as stunning.
I also hope you had time to explore our surroundings thanks to our hotel’s central location.

Thank you again for your review and for recommending our hotel to your friends and clients!

Looking forward to welcoming you back one day!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Absolutely perfect service, accomodation, food, location. I never write reviews but this hotel exceeded all expectations. From check in to check out everythin was outstanding. Absolutely worth every penny. Staff is great, rooms are spacious

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Yelenapak,

Welcome to this wonderful platform, and thank you for sharing such a glowing review of your stay at The Okura Prestige Bangkok.
We are elated that you were able to experience such a memorable stay here in the city! We certainly are very proud of our team; their hard work is matched by a warm, welcoming and upbeat attitude that we hope helps us stand apart.

We will continue to do all we can to ensure our guests have fantastic experiences at the Hotel and we would be really pleased if a future holiday will bring you back to The Okura Prestige here in Thailand.

Yours sincerely
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Truly one of the finest hotels in Bangkok. We stayed here over a long weekend to attend friend's wedding in the hotel. Japanese-style rooms with amazing attention to detail in amenities, including the complimentary green tea and slippers. Service was overall immaculate and the bartenders at the Up & Above Bar are really among the most attentive I have encountered in Bangkok, and they know their Japanese whisky to boot. Unbeatable location for those looking for shopping and restaurants, the hotel is just a stone throw's away from the new 5-star Embassy Mall.

Special thank you to Mr Wildemann and Oda-san for responding quickly to my inquiry and suggestions. One of the hallmarks of a great establishment is the quality and care of people that run it.

Room Tip: Mine came with views of the nearby park belonging to the US Embassy. Two wifi options - one free and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Leavesofgrass,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback from your recent stay at The Okura Prestige here in Bangkok. I am delighted to hear that different aspects of our services and surroundings made such a positive impression on you, during your stay.

Being in a central location with easy access to all of the shopping and strolling through Bangkok’s busy pavements is a must while here and being able to directly access Bangkok’s BTS ‘Sky Train’ from our building brings many areas in the city within easy reach.

I will make sure your kind review is shared among our team and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your back to the hotel for another joyous occasion, maybe?

Sincerely

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the moment I arrived, late evening after many hours of travel, until I left 11 days later, the staff at The Okura Prestige made me feel as if I were their most special guest. The rooms are beautifully appointed and comfortable in every way. Service is above and beyond -- including the concierge who discouraged me from taking an expensive solo tour and showed me exactly how to get around on my own. Doing so really added to the wonderful experience of my first trip to Bangkok. I cannot recall a more enjoyable and memorable hotel experience, and I hope to return there with my husband someday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Barbara B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review following your recent tay to The Okura Prestige Bangkok.

I was thrilled to read that your first trip to Bangkok was not disappointing. Your kind comments about the facilities are most appreciated and I am delighted that you found our services to be ‘above and beyond’!

We are very proud of our staff and it is always gratifying to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that our staff was pleasant and that our Concierge team were able to facilitate your sightseeing and getting around this vast and bustling city. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.

Washing DC is right around the globe, not the corner, but we do hope welcoming you, with your husband, back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,