“Nice setting, ok food, pricey” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #197 of 10,626 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$2 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, European, Thai, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice setting, ok food, pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Nice outdoor seating with cozy lanterns and lights. Pretty good service. Food ok, nothing special, typical 'tourist menu' around 1000baht for a starter, light main and a drink.
One of the best wine selections I've seen in Bangkok.
A roach climbed into a friends salad on the table, waiter staff handled the situation well by quickly removing the plate and offering our friend a new dish.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ZaksBangkok, General Manager at Zaks, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Jo W,

Thank you for your review on Zaks. It is great when a senior contributor on tripadvisor gives
a review like this. We are happy you enjoyed the service and my staff handled your situation
with professionalism. We always try to keep our wine selection to a high standard and have
something that satisfies everybodies taste. I thank you again for your review and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Soton
“Wine bar Bangkok style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was home alone in Bangkok so felt very comfortable coming back here when my partner had returned to Oz! They even remembered me and what wine I liked!! Food a fusion of western and eastern....all good

Visited September 2013
Hello Missmako,

Thank you for your lovely review for Zaks Wine Pub. I am really happy that you feel so comfortable and at home when you come to Zaks. It is such a pleasure for us to take care
of our valued guests and look forward to your next visit with us.

Oslo, Norway
“Favourite place in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

A very decent restaurant/bar in Sukhumvit Soi 11. It serves great food and the perfect place to kickstart the night. The cocktails are interesting and the service quality is good. We celebrated a friend's birthday where the staff were helpful with the cake and candles, and joined in on the singing.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gia D
Hello Gia D,
Wow awesome review. Thank you so much for 5 stars and your accommodating review on both food and service. We at Zak's take pride in delivering a great night out for our valued guests and I am delighted to read that we delivered for you and your guests. Thank you for your positive review and thank you for being the perfect guests.

Moscow, Russia
“Very very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We search especially for good food and wine and felt Zaks was excellent value, superb venue on a busy, pumping street, and friendly staff. The wine list was definitely one of the best we have seen in Thailand with - and we had some lovely NZ Pinot Noir - again not easy to find in Bangkok. Food was very competent but we felt the menu lacked a bit of imagination - a few more interesting items which could become talking points would help - and I have trade experience.

Visited August 2013
Hello Velentin V,
Awesome review and I thank you so much for taking the time to review Zak's.
I am so happy you enjoyed our food and wine and I have to agree the Giesen Pinot Noir from NZ to be of excellent quality and standard. Thank you for your points on our menu and I will bring this to the attention of our chef. I am extremely happy to read that my staff were friendly and attentive and we look forward to your next visit to Zak's. Again thank you for your great review.

London, United Kingdom
“Great place, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have been recommended by several people to this wine bar, tried it myself this evening and was very impressed. They have happy hour from 4 - 7 which includes a selection of beers and cocktails - the strawberry mojito was really good - and good tapas.

The staff are very friendly and professional, the manager was very accommodating and I will definitely return.

• Visited August 2013
Dear Susie,
I am so happy to read a review like this. We are glad you enjoyed our venue and appreciate our Happy Hour Cocktails. It makes me so proud of my staff that you found them to be so professional and attentive. It is great guests like yourself that make hospitality so enjoyable to us. We look forward to your return visits to Zak's and appreciate your positive thoughts and feedback.