“Western Buzz”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bang Rak
Description: Scarlett Wine Bar & Restaurant, 37th floor of the illustrious Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, rises above other bars of its kind. As the best rooftop bar & restaurant in Bangkok, the venue combines a stunning view of the Chaopraya River with mouth-watering French cuisine and an extensive wine list. Whether you’re in the mood something light such as charcuterie and cheese and tapas, or something a little more substantial like steak, Scarlett Wine Bar has just what you’re looking for. The restaurant is elegantly designed, spacious yet with an intimate ambience. Scarlett Wine Bar makes a great choice for gathering with the best rooftop dining experience in Bangkok.Seating capacity: 160 (open-air terrace of 120 sqm.)
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

This is a great Western cocktail bar and restaurant in Silom road area. Set on the top floor of the Pullman G hotel it also has great views. Stylish and fun this place is definitely worth a visit and the food was very nice.

Date of visit: September 2015
Write a reviewReviews (1,340)

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We came here as we were staying in the hotel below.

The decor is beautiful and the staff are very attentive.

My husband and I ordered a couple of drinks and the selection of pate to share.

The drinks were delicious. The pate served with bread was nice, although slightly dry.

Would definitely recommend the drinks!

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Thanks to Tripadvisor we found this roof top restaurant - which, is not only a great restaurant but also a cool soft lounge bar.
Good selection of wines. We recommend to try their great Tartare "a la Montmartre" prepared at the table as well as their desserts
Service very good. Probably one of the best true roof restaurants of Bangkok

Reviewed 16 July 2016

What a fantastic restaurant, food is amazing, ( French cancale oysters, jamon iberico, french cheeses ), service is impeccable, nice selection of wine-champagne at good prices, great atmosphere, and the view is stunning. I will definetely come back, soon...

1  Thank Lionelcru
Reviewed 14 July 2016

What makes a great dining place and experience, is really subjective : especially when it's somewhere like Bangkok, where the simplest of street food can pose a real challenge to fancy, haute cuisine.
So while I do enjoy the simple pleasures of street food in Thailand, and I have this almost insatiable penchant for authentic Thai cuisine, I recently dined at Scarlett, at the Pullman Hotel G along Thanom Silom, at the invitation of a few friends.
The view from the 37th floor was quite amazing and the place was full of diners (mostly foreigners), living it up in Bangkok (and at that moment, I was unabashedly one of them). Champagne was de rigeur and wine flowed like a river at practically every table. Overall, I found the crowd rather pretentious, boisterous and loud - dining at Scarlett is far from a quiet affair.
The menu offered some stunning (mainly French-inspired) choices and these were well-prepared and served with suitable aplomb. While I found the escargots which I had as a starter rather sad, small and dry, the Steak Tartare that I had for my maincourse was excellent, prepared by our table to my preference (selection and level of condiments). The salads, steaks and pasta that my friends had were all very satisfactory as well. The fact that they have a choice of no less than 6 types each of mustard, salt and pepper at Scarlett, underlines their ambition of taking dining to another level!
Service could not be faulted - all the staff were obviously highly-trained both in skill & technique, as well as food & beverage knowledge - and they were naturally warm and relaxed.
Needless to say, living it up in Bangkok does come with a matching price tag, so it probably cost more for my one meal here compared to all the street food meals for my entire week's stay...but I did enjoy the company, the service (which for me, is the real highlight of this place), the food and the view at Scarlett, so there's no regret.

2  Thank Asia-aficionado