“Great little place, very friendly”
Review of Oasis Lounge

Oasis Lounge
Ranked #75 of 11,742 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: Welcome to Oasis Lounge & Restaurant. A cool, quiet haven located just 25 meters from the scorching frenzy of Bangkok's famous Patpong Night Market district. A quick 5 minute walk from BTS (skytrain) SalaDang will bring you to this tastefully appointed lounge, where you will find some of the best tasting "authentic" Thai food in the area. Shrimp,squid,crab,meats and veggies are purchased nightly at the local fresh market so you can be assured the quality and taste of the dishes will have you returning as often as possible.In addition to fine Thai food, Oasis boasts a well stocked bar and classic rock tunes, Oasis Lounge - cool drinks * great food * good company
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We went there by chance when looking for food in Patpong. The owner, Robert, is Canadian and runs it with his Thai Wife, both very friendly and helpful.

We had a nice meal and a drink and then went to explore Patpong. We came back to the Restaurant a couple of hours later for a drink to escape the intensity of Patpong. The Curfew in place in Bangkok at the time was Midnight but we stayed at the Restaurant chatting to Robert and another customer until 1am when they flagged us a taxi home.

Nice people and good service.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Friends recommended this place and I they were right . The food was great , wish I could remember name of dish ( It comes out in a half Pineapple . ) was 10/10

Chef is Thai lady and is a seriously good cook.

Great location to eat and then shop at markets next door Thanks to staff who were very helpful and informative about what to do in Bangkok.

Only problem was I discovered this place on my last night Will return soon next trip ..

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were in bkk for three days and after having found this restaurant on the first night we returned even though we did not spend much time in the city and usually vary our restaurant visits when we travel.

not super easy to find on it's own, this restaurant is located close to the red light district Patpong. However, as it is located opposite Le Meridien, a taxi driver should be able to find his/her way there.

If it is a lounge you are looking for, as the name suggests, this might not be the perfect match for you, but if it's top notch food and excellent service you are looking for this is it.

dont be deterred by the casual environment. No matter what you want, or which level of spiciness you prefer, they will cater to it. For us they did it by giving us a "baseline" starter of medium spice and based on our individual tolerance to spicy food we could then make our mains milder or spicier. dont worry about ordering something really spicy, the chef knows how to prepare the dishes so that the chillies aren't the only flavour of the dish.

The owner is super friendly and gave us plenty of tips about dangers of being ripped off while passing through the neighborhood.

Dont expect white linen cloths, but if your preference is quality food and a casual atmosphere we strongly recommend a visit!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Four of us eat here two weeks ago.. I found this place on trip advisor and on arrival at this venue I thought I had got the wrong place as the place looked nothing like the photos shown on this site ...it was only when I heard the Canadian owner voice that I realised it was the right place..... We ended up ordering currys that the owner wanted us to order and the same went for our drinks... We found the curries really disappointing and we're not good value for money at all. This is my 8th visit to Thailand and I know thai food quite well and found the food not authentic as described on the neon sign outside the venue...... I feel that this is a back street low budget looking restaurant that is changing quite high prices for curries that are not great....like others have said the owner is really pushy and we were pushed into ordering food and drink that we otherwise would not have one..... If I visited Bangkok again I would visit this venue...

2  Thank stuanddawn
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I don't really know a lot about Thai food, but I liked it for the most part. However the owner was very in your face and wouldn't leave us alone to eat. It's also just a hole in the wall in a very touristy part of town. I wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank Katie O