Suneta Hostel Khaosan
US$371
US$295
US$181
US$171
All reviewskhao san roadcabin dormcommon roomgreat locationfemale dormfree breakfastclean showermeet other travellersquiet at nightfree drinking waterloved staying heremixed dormbook tourstea and coffeesliding doorgrand palacebed room
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Friendly staff, free good wi-fi, free basic breakfast, heavily airconditioned rooms, and fine facilities mark this hostel as a great place to stay. Beds are a bit hard but I slept very well. I suppose it is fairly expensive for what is common in Thailand, at 450ish Baht per night, but it lacks nothing compared to twice as expensive hostels in Europe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hostel is amazing. The location is great- right next to Khao San Road but far enough away so that you are able to sleep. The staff are INCREDIBLE. Honestly, Cen and Evan make you feel right at home and are more than willing to answer any and all questions (thank you guys!). I stayed in one of the capsule cabin beds and I can't recommend it enough. I found that when traveling solo you often had to choose between staying in a hotel and getting a good nights rest or not sleeping so well but meeting people in a hostel. With the capsule beds, no need to choose! You can get a good nights rest and meet people. It's the best, I stayed here twice, and I highly recommend you do too.

Room Tip: Definitely choose one of the capsule cabin beds!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank traveler22343
Naree S, General Manager at Suneta Hostel Khaosan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and glad to know that you love our hostel and staffs.

Please come back to Suneta once you return to BKK, we are looking forward to seeing you :)

Any helps you may need please feel free to contact us.

Be well.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed as a couple in the mixed bed dorm, A/C worked amazingly. Loved the beds with the sliding doors giving you privacy and keeping It dark/quiet which dorms can sometimes lack. Staff were lovely and the reception was open 24 hours. Were hoping to stay again when we return to Bangkok for our flight to Vietnam, would totally recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Naree S, General Manager at Suneta Hostel Khaosan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Olivia,

Thank you for your feedback we appreciated it, we always improve or correct ourselves best from guests with direct experiences here.

Hope to service you again at Suneta Hostel Khaosan!

Thanks again and safe trip.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This wasn't my first choice of hostel in Bangkok, but was available for booking a couple of days before we wanted to stay.
Arrived early in the morning and felt welcome to stay in the common area before check-in. When I realised I had had items stolen from my bag on the overnight bus, the man at reception was very unhelpful in directing me to the police or offering local advice (which was useless anyhow!).

We stayed in a female dorm, which had 6 beds squeezed in and NO windows. So no way of escape if there's a fire as the room was at the end of a corridor.

Would book more in advance next time and get a hostel elsewhere. Was convenient to the river and Khaosan road. Excellent coconut smoothies at a stall outside too :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Naree S, General Manager at Suneta Hostel Khaosan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and sorry for the disappoint and for what happened to you we totally understand your point how do you feel, please let us explain this:

Firstly, we never want not to help the guest, actually we really are willing to help every possibility ways we can but we believe that when you check in on that day the person who works in night shift still work until the early morning and honestly he cannot understand English very well then communication error happens and this is our fault ( we keep training him now :) )

For the dorm we have the detector to detect the smoke and of course if there is a fire then this detector will alarm loudly :) we also have the fire exist with 20 steps from the lady dorm and fire extinguisher installed to the wall :)

We really do not want you to feel bad or unhappy, once again so sorry for what happened.

Your voice is always important for us.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I booked this hostel because it had good reviews on tripadvisor and was in a good location near the backpacking area. I laid down in my bed exhausted from a 24hr journey to Bangkok to discover something crawling on me an hour later. I turned on the light and saw that I was covered in bed bugs!! HORRIFYING! Do not stay here. I had to throw away those clothes and left right away. I quickly learned that anyplace with wooden beds is a lot more susceptible to be home to bedbugs that other places. I had a good experience at NapPark nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Will19890916
Naree S, General Manager at Suneta Hostel Khaosan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Marc,

Firstly we truly apology for what happened to you. We feel regret that our place disappoint you and we take your comment seriously.

Secondly we want to explain about the bed bug and its problem. It can come from a cloth, luggage, unclean stuffs etc. and the place it will stay is somewhere wet and dark, we cannot deny that we have many backpackers from around the world so what we do every day and standardize is cleaning and hot streaming every beds.

Thirdly after we refund all money to you, send you to another place to stay we close the whole dorm (16 beds) all day to clean and make sure there is no bed bugs.

Finally we still deeply hope that you will come back and stay at our place, kindly email me your inquiry at naree@suneta.net

Once again we highly apologize and we do hope to service you in the future.