I stayed in this hotel in August 2010 on a business trip. The hotel was arranged for me so I didn't choose this property, but I was very pleased. I was placed in this hotel because it is fairly close to a freeway (I needed to travel outside Bangkok for part of my trip) and this location enabled me to get quickly on the road. Don't worry, the hotel isn't super close to the freeway so you won't hear the noise. But if you are depending on getting outside Bangkok then this hotel or one nearby in Silom is a good choice.
For Americans reading this, you should know that this is by far the nicest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in. Except for the sign outside, you'd never know you're in a Holiday Inn.
The staff was very, very nice and helpful when I had any issues. The front desk staff spoke english well. The hotel is modern and stylish and has a nice lobby and adjacent bar that is a convenient place to meet and talk over a drink. The breakfast served is excellent, with an array of choices, including an omelet station, fruit, pastries, and lots of fruit juices that I've only had in Thailand.
My room was not large but adequate for my needs. The bathroom was nicely done and I enjoyed the shower.
The Silom area felt safe to me and colleagues and I walked around day and night without any issues.
I recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check in today at the Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom where comfort and convenience come first. Located on Silom Road near Sathorn area, the heart of one of Bangkok's prime commercial complete with shopping and entertainment locations, restaurants, embassies, commercial buildings and two of Bangkok's leading hospitals, BNH and Saint Louis, also next to the city's jewelry sector with easy access to Suvarnabhumi Airport, just a 45 minutes away. Enter the hotel via the chandelier-lit lobby and book into one of the hotel's 700 rooms, starting with the newly refurbished Deluxe category. Experience our Executive Club Room or Suite to enjoy magnificent city views from our 23rd floor Executive Lounge. All rooms offer high-quality furnishings with "free Wi-Fi access" while hotel facilities include 20-meter pool, tennis court, health club, a complimentary Tuk Tuk shuttle service to skytrain and a handful of dining options. Enjoy the countless other city attractions via "Surasak skytrain" just a 7-minute walk away. Surrounded by shopping and entertainment options: Asiatique at the riverside, Jim Thompson Museum, Siam Paragon, MBK and Central World. Alternatively, take a boat to nearby tourist spots such as the Temple of Dawn, floating market, flower market, Grand Palace and Royal Barge Museum. Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom offers an exhilarating range of activities for an eventful holiday, along with a full array of options for weddings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok