Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom
US$89
US$67
  • Restaurant
2,471 results
All reviewsold wingexecutive clubpremier roomindian restaurantthe riverpatpong marketmain restaurantexecutive floornight marketbuffet breakfastskytrain stationtuk tukgrand palacesky barsilominnsihg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2012

To be fair this and HI Bangkok Praturnum are both excellently run hotels. I arrived to a great welcome and as a loyalty card holder was given a voucher for extra points - always greatful. The room was similar to my last stay, spacious, well designed, comfortable and containing everything you need. The bathroom collection is very extensive. A little dish of chocolates was a nice gift.

I do like the bar in this hotel with a small band who play each night - they are very friendly (as are the bar staff) which is good because sometimes they are there just for you (or you a couple more customers). I should say that even when it is busy the friendliness and service remain great.

If picky, I could still find no fault with this hotel.

What makes it for me is the quality of the hotel and the fantastic service - a real credit to everyone who works there and if only Holiday Inn would template it - they would take over the world.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad one.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel in August 2010 on a business trip. The hotel was arranged for me so I didn't choose this property, but I was very pleased. I was placed in this hotel because it is fairly close to a freeway (I needed to travel outside Bangkok for part of my trip) and this location enabled me to get quickly on the road. Don't worry, the hotel isn't super close to the freeway so you won't hear the noise. But if you are depending on getting outside Bangkok then this hotel or one nearby in Silom is a good choice.

For Americans reading this, you should know that this is by far the nicest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in. Except for the sign outside, you'd never know you're in a Holiday Inn.

The staff was very, very nice and helpful when I had any issues. The front desk staff spoke english well. The hotel is modern and stylish and has a nice lobby and adjacent bar that is a convenient place to meet and talk over a drink. The breakfast served is excellent, with an array of choices, including an omelet station, fruit, pastries, and lots of fruit juices that I've only had in Thailand.

My room was not large but adequate for my needs. The bathroom was nicely done and I enjoyed the shower.

The Silom area felt safe to me and colleagues and I walked around day and night without any issues.

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I like this hotel because it superb location, clean and good rooms, and very attractive price. Have spend 2 nights here without breakfast. Kind and friendly staff, very clean rooms and corridors. Easy access to the airport by express way.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and now consider it my preferred address in Bangkok. As a priority club member Ive stayed in Holiday Inns all over the world and this is the best Holiday Inn Ive ever come across, expect more Intercontinental standard than Holiday Inn. Aswell as offering exceptional value service is as good if not better than any of the other five stars in the city and there is a large and highly competitive hotel industry in Bangkok. Its a large High rise international hotel situated slap bang in the centre of the city, as soon as the car pulls up the ramp I am met by an array of Bellboys who smile and make me feeel welcome and take care of my luggage. The lobby is large and spacious with a colonial atmosphere and often has a piano playing. I am then whisked up to the executive lounge for a private check in. The rooms are beautiful with huge floor to ceiling windows offering a panoramic view of the city. Very comfy beds with top linen and bathrobes. Huge flatscreen tv, inroom coffee and complimentary bottled water. Large marble bathrooms with seperate walk in shower, the whole place is just class. The Executive lounge is among one of the best ive visited at any hotel in the world, a great amazing breakfast every morning and an open complimentary bar with food and drinks served not only local beer and some spirits which is the offering of some hotels but brand named beers, wines and spirits including a free flow of good quality wine and an excellent selection of food including cheeseboard and desert. The hotel has an outdoor rooftop pool which is ok but nothing special but ioit does have a decent gym, and tennis courts. Also the mens locker room leads into a lovely wellness area with sauna, turkish bath and whirlpool jacuzzi, a great way to relax after a long flight, also seems to be popular with wealthy young professional city workers who pay a membership fee for healthclub use. The hotel seems to also be home to alot of international airlines including Emirates who seem to put up all their crews here. The only annoying factor was that on the TV the Irish pub which is a great pub with a good atmosphere is advertised, therefore one assumes that it is a hotel outlet owned by the hotel so after spending an entire night of partying there was somewhat shocked to find i could not post the charges to my room account as they told me they were not part of the Holiday Inn, I had to leave my passport while i went up to my room to get some cash to pay!!!, so in future will probably drink in Haris bar off the lobby which tends to have a band performing in the evenings. Overall a first class luxury hotel with world class service and facilities, more Intercontinental than Holiday Inn!!! Cant wait to return in July as part of celebration for my Big Birthday!

Room Tip: Book a room on the executive club floor to get lounge access, the lounge is amazing with a seperate outdoor terrace, comfy sofas and great free food and drink
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Holiday Inn is a good name in hotel industry. Bangkok is a city of hotels. But Holiday Inn of Silom unable to deliver what brand carries. The room is small and the toilet is of very old fashion. Only thing which keep us warm in the hotel is buffet breakfast. It covers oriental, thai and regular menu.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple