Stayed there for 5 nights recently on redeemed points and found the hotel could do better on a number of things.
Rooms: after a generous welcome and a swift check in, we were assigned a room, that was damp, with aircon running very bad. Most of the electric sockets didn't work, fresh towels were missing, too. Even though we are GM with a long history and checked non smoking rooms as preference, the room we got was for smokers and was smelling of stale cigarette smoke. We immediately asked for a new room, which we got and it was better. Even there, however, some of the bulbs needed replacing. It was not large and spacy, but clean and felt fresh. The rooms, and especially the bathroom could definitely use an upgrade soon, as being a bit run down. The view we got first from our room on the 11th, than 7th floor was a standard city view, nothing special.
The staff is fabulous, we would especially like to thank Mr. Suriyon and Ms. Minchaya, who went limits in terms of personal assistance and empathy to compensate us on the initial problem we have had with our room. Thank You again for making our stay a pleasant memory!
The breakfasts are lavishing and abundant - a large selection of choices to choose from: oriental, thai and european. Could spent hours on trying every single choice out!
Location: close to expressway, making all transits very easy, cheap and efficient - important in terms of shuttling to airport (THB 250 + toll THB 50) or trips outside the city. Conveniently located near the Surawak Skytrain station, so getting around Bangkok itself is fast and easy, too. Yet, all this having a downtown address.
Check in / check out: swift and efficient, just as it should be. Upon check in our kids got complimentary sweets, which was a welcoming and friendly gesture, long to remember after a long flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check in today at the Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom where comfort and convenience come first. Located on Silom Road near Sathorn area, the heart of one of Bangkok's prime commercial complete with shopping and entertainment locations, restaurants, embassies, commercial buildings and two of Bangkok's leading hospitals, BNH and Saint Louis, also next to the city's jewelry sector with easy access to Suvarnabhumi Airport, just a 45 minutes away. Enter the hotel via the chandelier-lit lobby and book into one of the hotel's 700 rooms, starting with the newly refurbished Deluxe category. Experience our Executive Club Room or Suite to enjoy magnificent city views from our 23rd floor Executive Lounge. All rooms offer high-quality furnishings with "free Wi-Fi access" while hotel facilities include 20-meter pool, tennis court, health club, a complimentary Tuk Tuk shuttle service to skytrain and a handful of dining options. Enjoy the countless other city attractions via "Surasak skytrain" just a 7-minute walk away. Surrounded by shopping and entertainment options: Asiatique at the riverside, Jim Thompson Museum, Siam Paragon, MBK and Central World. Alternatively, take a boat to nearby tourist spots such as the Temple of Dawn, floating market, flower market, Grand Palace and Royal Barge Museum. Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom offers an exhilarating range of activities for an eventful holiday, along with a full array of options for weddings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok