“Handy for everything but out of the way enough to keep you same”

Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom
Ranked #129 of 892 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 25 February 2013

First time back in 5 years and its just as smart now as it was then, fantastic service and soo handy for shopping. Popular with flight crews tourists and businessmen. Certainly my preferred hotel in Bangkok . Only gripe is bar prices but with plenty of choice and supermarkets across the street who's fault is that?
Can't wait to return

• Stayed: February 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,382)

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I recently went for a vacation with my friends to Bangkok and stayed at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom for four days and three nights, we stayed at one of the Executive Lounge on the 23rd floor.
This was the second time we stayed at Holiday Inn and each time our stay was made memorable , with friendly services and interactive staff. Our check in was very smooth and we received a warm welcome from all the staff and specially Savitre, the Guest services Manager from the Club Lounge.The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are very clean , well maintained and well kept. We could see the entire city from our room(literally). Our trip was made more memorable with personalized services by Savitre and Girapa. Savitre ensured with her personalized services that our stay is relaxed, comforting and nothing less than Home away from Home. Savitre my special thanks to you , as for me and my friends you are the face of the hotel and the Club lounge.

About Housekeeping and in room dining, the services were very quick and apt, not to forget one late evening I and my friends ordered for in-room dining services at around 1: 00 am in the night and the service was quick and the food was just outstanding. Thank you Holiday Inn for you hospitality.

Many Thanks and Regards
Nupur

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed in holiday inn silom during our recent visit to Bangkok.. the hotel is located in the heart of the silom district and is very close to the MRT station..this is vital due to the fact that Bangkok roads are always crowded.. checkin was a breeze and the front desk was able to allocated the room before the checkin time...after an early morning flight from Phuket, this was a much appreciated gesture..we had opted for the superior room and the room was allocated in the old wing..

Pros:
A. Front desk was very helpful
B. The buffet breakfast was very good..the range of dishes that they served was very good
C. The hotel located near to the MRT made our commute within the city very easy

Cons:
A. The rooms looked very tired..i am guessing this is the issue with all the rooms in the old wing..the look and feel of the room has to be changed..the temperature control in our room was not working and our room in the night would tranform into a freezer..
B. Wifi..there is no free wifi available anywhere in the hotel..this aint a hotel in exotic location having to account for infrastructure cost...a business hotel should atleast have wifi at the lobby...

Overall i would recommend this hotel if one is staying in the new wing.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Planet_trekker1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Planet_trekker1,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to see that you found our staff helpful, location convenient and breakfast exceeded your expectations. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Nice Holiday Inn, check-in generally never under 5 minutes even though you are directed to their PCR premium desk as Platinum member.

Platinums PCR's be aware that this hotel became cheeky with its upgrades. Premier Room Bookings are "upgraded" to the same category - just last room on the floor which has more wardrobe space. (This is a non-bookable category on their website).

The old days of Premier Room equals Club as Platinum PCR seem to be over. Anyhow, I decided to pay the upgrade fee to Club as I required access to printing, internet.....

I arrived for breakfast at 10am in Club - the buffet looked like a collection of empty plates with some leftovers on them. (closing time is 10:30am)

To joke of the whole experience: You are charged for printing 35 THB for black and white - anywhere between 100 - 300 THB for colour --> This is per page!!!

In addition, I needed 15 printed pages emailed to me! ==> this request resulted in the comment: Sir, it is 150 THB per page to email. What is going on?

I stayed in 2012 over 90 paid nights in IHG Asia Hotels; Holiday Inn Silom is definately off the list. I recommend the Novotel which is accross the road (and most of the times cheaper).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear BM Raffael S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Holiday Inn Silom is a great value for what I paid. It's located in a nice area of Bangkok called Silom and it has a much to offer in terms of food, spa, etc. I only stayed for a week, but I enjoyed every day of their great hospitality, and professional yet welcoming attitude. Nothing was too much to ask. My room was clean and the bed was lovely. There was no noise from the main street despite its proximity to the hotel. Breakfasts were fantastic and I thought it was worth paying a little bit extra for them - it was work every penny.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2013

As a priority club member, it is natural for me to choose a hotel under the group to accumulate rewards points.

The lobby of this hotel is huge, lots of space and comfortable, service of the staffs are great and friendly, I patronized the Hari Bar twice, and they have a lovely duets that can really sing, a nice place to have some drinks, didnt utilize other facilities, thus no comment on that

This is a relatively established hotel, thus dont not expect a very new setup for the room and bathroom, however, the bed and pillow are comfortable

Location of this hotel is good, mins away walk to Surasek BTS, and you can also walked to Supan Thasink BTS (ferry), and lots of eating place around, wont be difficult to find foods.

You can consider this place for good location.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I'm Thai..

I paid for room upgrade as same as my colleague whose foreigner..I came to know from my colleague that the upgrade price included free internet in the room. I tried to connect but the instruction suggest that i have to pay..So i tried to call reception for clarification but the phone doesnt work..!

I have to change and come down to the front desk by that time was about 3 in the morning. There were 3 staff at the counter. I asked if it s true that the price i paid included the internet in the room..they all looking at each other and check in the system and one of them went behind the counter to check with someone.. The rest 2 are standing there didnt bother about that the I'm there..They just continue having their conversation ..The guy came back with the answer" no ,it s not included" so I said " how come my colleague paid the same price but has been inform about internet and I haven't? I gave them the name of my colleague and then again, the same guy went to back of the counter to check and came out with answer " yes,it's included."

So I said" How come no one inform me about it? if it s not because me and my colleague got into the same elevator and have a conversation then i would never know about the privilege that i have paid for..? No answer...

So I asked how does it work? then one of the lady staff started to bla bla bla about how to connect it,not aware that I'm already upset( may be they just dont care") I finally have to ask if she can write it down as by the time i get back in the room i would already forget ..

Is there any reason why should we pay more if we cant even get a proper explanation about the facilities we are entitle to get?

Or is it because I'm Thai? may be I have less money in my pocket than Farang (foreigner) ?

And after all these, No smile,not a word of sorry,not a phrase like " Would you mind wait please we have to check on that." Nothing...Absolutly nothing....!!!!

Room Tip: No comment..