“Great hotel, good value, in a convenient location.”

Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom
Ranked #129 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 7 March 2014

During my recent travel to Bangkok, this hotel was my home away from home. It is located in a convenient location, within 5 minute walk from the Surawak BTS station, as well as just a 15 minute walk to the Chao Phraya Pier. The lobby was stunningly beautiful, and the food offering at the hotel restaurants were very good in quality, albeit a bit pricey for Bangkok standard (not to mention that there are so many wonderful local eateries within walking distance for the more adventurous souls.) The gym was fantastic, and features outdoor pool and tennis courts on the 6th floor. The front desk staff were overall very friendly and eager to please, although their English skill can use some brushing up. I was warmly greeted as IHG Club Platinum Elite; however, despite having prepaid for my room 2 months ahead, it was a bit disappointing that the hotel did not have my specific room type available at check-in. The room that I was given was passable, although the tired interior decor was badly in need for some updating, and the waste baskets were simply dirty. However, I was compensated with free breakfast the next morning, and was given a room grade the next day. This new room was stunningly modern and nicely appointed with beautiful furniture, making the rest of my stay very relaxing. Overall, my stay was very comfortable, and the value was fantastic; not to mention that I certainly took advantage of the hotel's convenient location. I would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose higher floor, and request room in the newer tower.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear TWYang

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and at the same time thank you for having chosen Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom as your preferred destination whilst you are in Bangkok. It is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were truly impressed with the resort and the service.

I have also taken note on your comment in regards to the room and please rest assured that I have personally spoken to the related department for further improvement and rectification to ensure that we maintain a high quality of service and facilities to all of our guests.

We really thank you for recommending our Hotel to other reviewers and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,414)

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I really liked this hotel. I arrived early and was checked in quickly and asked for my frequent guest card which resulted in an upgrade.

The room was a good size, a little dated in places but generally good.

Staff were excellent.

Loved the fact it is really close to the local BTS station (Surawak I think) so you can get most places cheaply and very quickly.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear HullPhil

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you so much for taking your time to share this review on Trip Advisor. We are so delighted to hear that you had a lovely stay with us at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom. We truly appreciated all that our hotel had to offer from our location and nearby neighborhoods to all the friendly and courteous staff. We hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom again very soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have stayed in this hotel a long time ago, ten years to be precise and we returned because we loved it.
We stayed in a club room in the Crown Tower and our room was lovely, huge bathroom, huge and possibly the most comfy bed I have slept in, plus free wifi!
Breakfast we could either have in the Club bar or the main restaurant and we enjoyed both, although I must say the pancake maker in the main dining room did win me over!
The staff in both the club bar and Hari's bar are beyond lovely, we had a drink in the hotel most evenings and were made to feel at home from day one, also being entertained by Cherry and Jasper was a treat.
It was my husbands birthday whilst we were there and we would love to thank Donald Morris for arranging wine, cake and chocolates to be delivered to our room, little touches like this go a long way.
I don't know when we will return to BKK again but we will be sure to stay at the HI if we do.
One piece of feedback for improvement, this is not a criticism because I did still use the pool everyday but I do think if there is any spare money in the HI pot I do believe that the entire pool area could do with a makeover.
The floor, beds, pool, surroundings are all looking a bit tired, on saying that the staff were as attentive as in the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Club room is a must and worth the extra.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear cal204

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you for the appreciative words that you have shared with us and with the TripAdvisor community.

We are deeply touched by the way you describe our hotel from its ambiance to its location and most especially, the service that we have rendered for you during your stay here with us. Each of your compliments will be handed over to every department as a motivation to better give every guest the excellent service that you deserve.It is with pride and joy that we are able to provide you a
wonderful stay with us.

We are definitely looking forward in giving excellent service with you again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 February 2014

during my recent stay in Bangkok I spent several pleasant evenings
at the off-lobby bar being entertained by "Cherry and Jasper" - two
wonderful entertainers! I may well spend my June holiday at your
hotel - just to hear these two very professional young people again.l
You are to be complimented for your choice in presenting so fine
a duo. J. Hopper, Col. USMC (Ret)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Russkid31

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you for staying with us and your feedback.We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, the team gains tremendous satisfaction and encouragement with such feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back on June please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I could be any of your future assistance.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great location, good rooms, great breakfast and view, helpful staff, cool pool. What more could you ask for in Bangkok.

I typically don't stay in Holiday Inns but found this one to be everything I asked for.

Would definitely stay here again when in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Get the free breakfast option. I think there's an old and new side to the hotel and we were o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Laidback

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

We are flattered while we are reading your compliments and how you define your experience at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.I am happy to know that you like our room, breakfast, pool and our staff.
It is with pride and joy that we are able to provide you a wonderful stay with us.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The room, the bathroom, the lightning in the room, the amenities show the experienced history of this worldwide famous hotelbrand. The Bangkok Holiday inn Silom is maybe one of their best example in the world. In every detail showing that they know what a hotel should mean. From the excellent breakfast to the swimmingpool, which was a nice refreshment after a day of tiring shopping.
It was our best stay during our long travel trough Asia, starting in Bangkok, than Cambodia, Vietnam and Indonesia. We loved it and will not hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floor in the new wing
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have been staying at this hotel on a regular basis for more than 10 years now. Every time I am treated like returning royalty, from the Concierge and doormen to the wonderful ladies in the Club Lounge.

It's very difficult to find fault with this hotel. I always stay in a Club Room or suite which are large, well maintained with good levels of housekeeping, good shower and free wifi. Breakfast and evening drinks and canapes in the Club Lounge are excellent as are the staff there.

Room Tip: Club rooms are well worth the extra money because the Lounge is so good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear The_Flying_Dutchman

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review . We are so delighted to hear that you had a lovely stay with us at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom. We truly appreciated all that our hotel had to offer from our location and nearby neighborhoods to all the friendly and courteous staff. We hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom again very soon.