During my recent travel to Bangkok, this hotel was my home away from home. It is located in a convenient location, within 5 minute walk from the Surawak BTS station, as well as just a 15 minute walk to the Chao Phraya Pier. The lobby was stunningly beautiful, and the food offering at the hotel restaurants were very good in quality, albeit a bit pricey for Bangkok standard (not to mention that there are so many wonderful local eateries within walking distance for the more adventurous souls.) The gym was fantastic, and features outdoor pool and tennis courts on the 6th floor. The front desk staff were overall very friendly and eager to please, although their English skill can use some brushing up. I was warmly greeted as IHG Club Platinum Elite; however, despite having prepaid for my room 2 months ahead, it was a bit disappointing that the hotel did not have my specific room type available at check-in. The room that I was given was passable, although the tired interior decor was badly in need for some updating, and the waste baskets were simply dirty. However, I was compensated with free breakfast the next morning, and was given a room grade the next day. This new room was stunningly modern and nicely appointed with beautiful furniture, making the rest of my stay very relaxing. Overall, my stay was very comfortable, and the value was fantastic; not to mention that I certainly took advantage of the hotel's convenient location. I would certainly stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check in today at the Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom where comfort and convenience come first. Located on Silom Road near Sathorn area, the heart of one of Bangkok's prime commercial complete with shopping and entertainment locations, restaurants, embassies, commercial buildings and two of Bangkok's leading hospitals, BNH and Saint Louis, also next to the city's jewelry sector with easy access to Suvarnabhumi Airport, just a 45 minutes away. Enter the hotel via the chandelier-lit lobby and book into one of the hotel's 700 rooms, starting with the newly refurbished Deluxe category. Experience our Executive Club Room or Suite to enjoy magnificent city views from our 23rd floor Executive Lounge. All rooms offer high-quality furnishings with "free Wi-Fi access" while hotel facilities include 20-meter pool, tennis court, health club, a complimentary Tuk Tuk shuttle service to skytrain and a handful of dining options. Enjoy the countless other city attractions via "Surasak skytrain" just a 7-minute walk away. Surrounded by shopping and entertainment options: Asiatique at the riverside, Jim Thompson Museum, Siam Paragon, MBK and Central World. Alternatively, take a boat to nearby tourist spots such as the Temple of Dawn, floating market, flower market, Grand Palace and Royal Barge Museum. Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom offers an exhilarating range of activities for an eventful holiday, along with a full array of options for weddings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok