“Great friendly hotel”

Ranked #134 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
“Great friendly hotel”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in a good location. We had room 2733 on the top floor which was nice modern well maintained room with a huge comfortable bed. Harry's bar on floor 2 has some great friendly staff and on floor 6 there is some pleasant outside space with a nice pool. Stayed here for 10 days and found plenty to do. It's not to far from the sky train and Pat
Pong night market is about half a mile away. The only negative was was the laundry who managed to ruin an expensive polo shirt but that apart a great hotel with great people.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chrisburbridge
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear chrisburbridge

Warmest greetings from the Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us at Tripadvisor.

We were very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us recently and that you enjoyed the hotel’s products, facilities and services. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positive comment and feedback that we are able to maintain on our service standard. It’s always a great pleasure reading a positive review from our valuable guest such as yours.

I was most concerned to read about your comment in regards to the laundry service during your stay with us. Please allow me to take your comments with all its points and use it as training and learning exercise for our associates to ensure fine tuning is made for the future. Please rest assured that I have personally spoken to the department who is responsible for the areas where your valuable feedback highlighted the need for improvements and accordingly they will follow up with our associates in an effort to improve our product and service standard.

with us is a flawless one.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This place was the perfect welcome and farewell to Thailand! The facilities are nice, clean, and comfortable and the staff is friendly and helpful. It's a haul from the airport, actually IN Bangkok but close to a train stop, the train station, China Town and more (which I did not get to explore). Thai massage is available in house early to late as well as all around the hotel. There is also a nail shop in the building. My massage was great and the nail place was lovely (though a bit slow). Room service meals were good and service was fast.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Southern_Siren

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our Hotel which you have shared with us on Trip advisor. We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding all aspects of our Hotel. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I am a frequent guest here and a member of their rewards program. It continues to be my hotel of choice during most of my visits to Bangkok which is 3 or 4 times a year. They are far from "world class" but decent accomodation. Understanding they deal with many foreign tourist every day, they lack any warm, cozy, welcome back attitude. As everyone likes to hear their name, name recognition is non existant. In the dozen or more times I have stayed I don't think I heard my name more than twice. This trip was longer than usual as I stayed 4 nights and traveled with a friend. Check in is all business, you reserved a king bed smoking with breakfast, copy passports, check credit info etc. and OH and we upgraded you. I never really understood what that "upgrade" was as it always seemed to be a similar room each time. This upgrade put me on the 9th floor and last upgrade put me on the 23rd floor....so? Also, why give one room key for two guests? Seems silly I had to go back downstairs to ask for another and reponse was "You want 2 key cards , OK. I could give you a list of reasons to automatically get two key card the first of which is the electric, a/c etc works off the key card so if one person leaves or two people leave at different times what would a person do?
To their credit, IHG finally offers a real "welcome drink" as opposed to the fruit punch concoction. Also the hostess for the breakfast buffet had the best memory of the entire staff plus the bartender at their Harri's Bar. Both had great memories from prior and current trip. They should be commended and maybe work the Front desk.... Breakfast buffet is great with a wide selection of foods. Probably suggest they get away from the pre-fried sunny side up eggs ,on a plate near the cooking station, as they are never hot and always cool to cold. Housekeeping is OUTSTANDING.
As a footnote on name recognition: I fully understand speaking a non native language can be scary and foreign names can be difficult as Thai names are to westerners but most Thais have nicknames so a suggested scenario would be " Hi Mr. Ms>.........I see you have been here many times (or I see this is your first visit with us) my name in BE Bo Ben whatever and I'll be assisting you with your reservation. I just need to get some formalities out of the way and I'll get you to your room. ..........Please enjoy your stay and if there is anything I can do to make your stay more comfortable, just ask.
I still would recommend this hotel but might try some other brands or different IHG hotels in my trip this June.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Vincent L

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.
Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

I was most concerned to read your comment and understand about your disappointment during your check in procedures. . Please allow me to take your comments with all its points and use it as training and learning exercise for our associates to ensure fine tuning is made for the future. Please rest assured that appropriate measures are taken to address your concern. However, we are grateful that you have observed improvement with the staff attitue. This will be an inspiration for every staff to further give our guests the excellent service that you deserve.

Total customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and I will ensure that we maintain a high quality of service and facilities to all of our guests.

I would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom. I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Bangkok and please contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back here. I will personally take care of the arrangement to ensure your next experience with us is a flawless one.

Donald Morris,
Yeosu, South Korea
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed at the holiday Inn on 22nd and 23rd March 2014.

The hotel staff, Michelle a Chinese national. brightened by day. She was intelligent, outspoken and funny. All in One. Just cannot forget her. Holiday Inn you have good staff. Congratulations.

The stay was "FANTABULOUS".

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Harwisingh
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Harwisingh

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us at Tripadvisor.

We were very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us recently and that you enjoyed with our staff hospitality. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positive comment and feedback that we are able to maintain on our service standard. It’s always a great pleasure reading a positive review from our valuable guest such as yours.

Again, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom. We certainly look forward to welcome you back at our Hotel on your next visit to Bangkok.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Thank you Holiday Inn. Keep your points program because when we look for a hotel we look for great service as well. We ordered transport from the airport. Perfect. Arrival nice.... Ah. The best Holiday Inn room so far. Complimentary chocolate!!! A gorgeous rug shop in the lobby and very helpful staff. Beautiful interior design in the room and lobby.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank sunoveristambul
Dear sunoveristambul

Greetings from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and at the same time thank you for having chosen Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom as your preferred destination whilst you are in Bangkok. It is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were truly impressed with the hotel and the service.

We really thank you for recommending our Hotel to other reviewers and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is located on one of the main shopping streets near the river and near a freeway exit, making it very easy to get to the hotel from the airport (even during rush hour) and easy to sightsee from, as it is within walking distance of the river and the nearby station.
The service is perfect and the welcome is warm and efficient. The rooms are nice, very clean and well maintained. The breakfast buffet has everything you need for a good start of the day. Only the dinner options could be a little more exciting. A buffet in the lobby bar is not that exciting, but the price is good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TheDane2
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Thedane2

Greetings from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our Hotel which you have shared with us on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding all aspects of our Hotel. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have spoken to the Food & Beverage Manager and addresses your comments in regards the quality of the food offerings. Please rest assured that immediate improvement has been made in order to remain the highest quality of food standards and please accept my deepest appologies".

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

After travelling around half of Thailand we arrived in Bangkok for the final 3 days of our trip and wanted to relax and chill out before our return flight.

We mapped the hotel from the local BTS station, its a 5 to 10 minute walk, and entered the hotel through the side entrance, which is not very well signposted - just as well we looked up and saw the Holiday Inn sign on top of the building.

I had asked for a room on a high floor with a view. Was told that I had been given an upgrade due to my ICHG status, along with free Internet access. The upgraded room turned out to be a room in the main block, it was on a high floor but faced into another building so no view and the room was pretty dark. I asked to be moved to a room with a better view and was given a corner room which was much better, it was spacious, comfortable and bright. The bathroom was fantastic, it had a massive bath in front of a huge window with amazing views over Bangkok.

The hotel location was superb. Walkiing distance to the river, Patpong night market and the BTS station and there was plenty of shops and restaurants right outside the door. It only took us 20 minutes in a taxi to the airport so its ideal for the start and finish of a Thailand trip.

The only disappointment was the pool area, which needs to be refurbished, and you only get the sun here until just after lunchtime. Apart from that no complaints.

Room Tip: Corner room on high floor