Stayed at Holiday Inn Silom over the Easter Weekend. All the staff were very friendly, courteous and provided excellent service. From the front desk staff, to the concierge, to the Resident Manager and the F&B Director, all staff are very courteous and approachable and will exceed your expectations. We stayed in one of the renovated rooms, the décor is nice and well designed. The king size bed was very comfortable with a nice pillow selection. The bathroom was also very big with a walk in shower. The internet is free throughout the hotel but it is a bit annoying as it disconnects you if you’re not using it and then you don’t receive whatsapp or viber messages etc until you go back on line.
The hotel is well equipped with an all day dining restaurant, an indian restaurant, a lounge area and a bar with live music each evening. They also have a swimming pool and tennis court.
In the same building downstairs there is a chinese restaurant and Jameson’s Pub where you can relax have a drink, watch sport on the many tv’s or play some pool. They also have the minus 5 ice bar attached to the pub.
Silom Road has street food, many bars, nightclubs to suit all tastes and markets as well. There is great street food at Soi 20 where you can enjoy authentic Thai food at a reasonable price. There are some sky bars including Lebua and Cloud 47 which have awesome views of the city. Other more adult areas like Patpong are also nearby.
When using taxis make sure they always use the meter and be careful they take you to the right place. One night we went to the Mango Tree Thai Restaurant which has a good reputation and we enjoyed it a lot but the taxi driver deliberately took us to another restaurant where they tried to pretend they were the Mango Tree (number 2) as they called it. We were wise to the sting and left straight away.
Holiday Inn Silom is in a great location and there’s something for everyone to see and do without having to travel far. We had no issues in Bangkok and felt very safe at all times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check in today at the Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom where comfort and convenience come first. Located on Silom Road near Sathorn area, the heart of one of Bangkok's prime commercial complete with shopping and entertainment locations, restaurants, embassies, commercial buildings and two of Bangkok's leading hospitals, BNH and Saint Louis, also next to the city's jewelry sector with easy access to Suvarnabhumi Airport, just a 45 minutes away. Enter the hotel via the chandelier-lit lobby and book into one of the hotel's 700 rooms, starting with the newly refurbished Deluxe category. Experience our Executive Club Room or Suite to enjoy magnificent city views from our 23rd floor Executive Lounge. All rooms offer high-quality furnishings with "free Wi-Fi access" while hotel facilities include 20-meter pool, tennis court, health club, a complimentary Tuk Tuk shuttle service to skytrain and a handful of dining options. Enjoy the countless other city attractions via "Surasak skytrain" just a 7-minute walk away. Surrounded by shopping and entertainment options: Asiatique at the riverside, Jim Thompson Museum, Siam Paragon, MBK and Central World. Alternatively, take a boat to nearby tourist spots such as the Temple of Dawn, floating market, flower market, Grand Palace and Royal Barge Museum. Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom offers an exhilarating range of activities for an eventful holiday, along with a full array of options for weddings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok