“Good Music with Good Cocktails at The Hari's Bar”

Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom
Ranked #131 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I visited Bangkok during the Thai New Year holidays and stayed at Holiday Inn BKK Silom. This is a wonderful hotel with "chic" decorations and many friendly staffs. At night, I was walking around the lobby and found a picture of a singer at the entrance of the Hari's Bar. Attractive sound was coming from inside, and I ordered my cocktail when I found my seat near the piano. Cherry & Jasper, they are great musicians, providing the guests with relaxing and comfortable sounds and paying attentions to everybody all the time. The singer could sing many songs in many languages.

Room Tip: The higher room, the better night view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear S A

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to know that you like our Hari's Bar.

On behalf of the team, we thank you for choosing our Hotel as your holiday destination. We would love to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom on your next visit to Thailand.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed at Holiday Inn Silom over the Easter Weekend. All the staff were very friendly, courteous and provided excellent service. From the front desk staff, to the concierge, to the Resident Manager and the F&B Director, all staff are very courteous and approachable and will exceed your expectations. We stayed in one of the renovated rooms, the décor is nice and well designed. The king size bed was very comfortable with a nice pillow selection. The bathroom was also very big with a walk in shower. The internet is free throughout the hotel but it is a bit annoying as it disconnects you if you’re not using it and then you don’t receive whatsapp or viber messages etc until you go back on line.
The hotel is well equipped with an all day dining restaurant, an indian restaurant, a lounge area and a bar with live music each evening. They also have a swimming pool and tennis court.
In the same building downstairs there is a chinese restaurant and Jameson’s Pub where you can relax have a drink, watch sport on the many tv’s or play some pool. They also have the minus 5 ice bar attached to the pub.
Silom Road has street food, many bars, nightclubs to suit all tastes and markets as well. There is great street food at Soi 20 where you can enjoy authentic Thai food at a reasonable price. There are some sky bars including Lebua and Cloud 47 which have awesome views of the city. Other more adult areas like Patpong are also nearby.
When using taxis make sure they always use the meter and be careful they take you to the right place. One night we went to the Mango Tree Thai Restaurant which has a good reputation and we enjoyed it a lot but the taxi driver deliberately took us to another restaurant where they tried to pretend they were the Mango Tree (number 2) as they called it. We were wise to the sting and left straight away.
Holiday Inn Silom is in a great location and there’s something for everyone to see and do without having to travel far. We had no issues in Bangkok and felt very safe at all times.

Room Tip: Make sure you book the newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven R
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear R0002

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our Hotel which you have shared with us on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your positive feedback regarding all aspects of our Hotel. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.
With best regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

this hotel is located at one of the best area... visiting this hotel for almost 3yrs.. very much convenient.... jus check ur mini bar before hand at tyms u are charged for miss items... and do take care of ur money coz staffs do tend to pick in ur luggage as well as safe.. u may end up losing your valuables....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Sarasana0018

Greetings from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced whilst staying with us. We, at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom understand the importance of fulfilling our guest’s expectations and it concerns me greatly that you have departed our Hotel with a negative impression.

I have also taken note on your comment in regards to the mini bar and please rest assured that I have personally spoken to the related department for further improvement and rectification to ensure that we maintain a high quality of service and facilities to all of our guests.

Total customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and I will ensure that we maintain a high quality of service and facilities to all of our guests. If you have any further questions that I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me at donald.morris@ihg.com

I would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom. I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Bangkok and please contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back here. I will personally take care of the arrangement to ensure your next experience with us is a flawless one.

Donald Morris,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very beautiful hotel- immaculate, spacious rooms, very comfortable beds, kind and helpful staff. Perfect place to stay if you are in the Silom area. Shopping and food within walking distance. This is a good place to stay if you are awaiting a Visa- located near embassies. We actually walked from US Embassy back to hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Little1linda

Dear Little1india

Greetings from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and at the same time thank you for having chosen Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom as your preferred destination whilst you are in Bangkok. It is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were truly impressed with the hotel and the service.

We really thank you for recommending our Hotel to other reviewers and we do hope that your memorable experience will bring you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have been vising to restaurant of Silom Holiday almost tow years . This is one the greatest places in Thailand, in term of so much friendly service, welcoming staff and nice food.
I even made friend with them since they support me not only as a customer, but as friend as well.
Thanks for perfect memories!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GuestExperienceMgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear AlfredRudolf

Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here in Holiday Inn second time during my visit to Bangkok. I really enjoyed the hotel staff treatment; and they were able to recognize me as well. The hotel rooms are well maintained and clean. Patpong market is very near to this hotel; and you can take a tuk-tuk ride anytime to reach there. Would love to stay in this hotel again whenever I visit Bangkok next time.

Room Tip: stay in top floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear AMITRA007

With best regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed with my wife and 3 young children for 2 nights whilst visiting Bangkok. The hotel is about a 40 minute drive from the main airport. It is about a 90baht taxi ride to the grand palace. I had 2 connecting executive rooms which were excellent. Well decorated, equipped and lovely firm beds. Quality. The staff on check in and throughout our stay were absolutely brilliant. I have stayed with this chain all over the world and I have to say this is by far the best so far. How anyone can have negative comments about this hotel is beyond me....I have stayed at the Intercontinental in Bangkok, London, Athens blah blah and this hotel beats them all. The staff are so friendly and polite, nothing is too much trouble. Breakfast had lots of choices and we ate in the bar/lounge on an evening, again good value and the staff were superb. They do have a happy hour which I think they should advertise at the entrance just to entice more people in. I, along with all my family really were made to feel very special and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank scopie100

Dear scopie100

Greeting from Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom.

We are deeply touched by the way you describe our hotel from its ambiance to its location and most especially, the service that we have rendered for you during your stay here with us. Each of your compliments will be handed over to every department as a motivation to better give every guest the excellent service that you deserve.

We are definitely looking forward for your future stay here with us.

Yours sincerely,