“Great service, great hotel”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #18 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have traveled all over the world, and I haven't seen hotel service as good as I have received here. Sarunya at the front desk was wonderful in getting our group settled after a long day of travelling, and while she was the one to set the standard for the property, I soon found out that the entire staff was of the same mindset.

In summary, the staff was extremely friendly without making you feel like they were trying to upsell you on anything, just making sure that you got your moneys' worth.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Hotel_Rep, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words. It brings us a great pleasure knowing that our staff helped to make your stay a memorable experience. We all send our regards and appreciation to you for the recognition.

We are also delighted to not only meet your product and service expectations but also to provide you the value for the price you paid staying in our hotel.

We at InterContinental hope to see you again in the future and be of service to you once again.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,293)

Reviewed 22 November 2011

i've stayed here from nov 14-17 for a business trip, for the whole time i was there, i really enjoyed my stay at this wonderful hotel. all the staffs were very polite, efficient and very helpful they were very accommodating! had my breakfast buffet at dinning @ espresso and i have to say that all the restaurant staffs were very attentive. i would like to commend one of their staff arren santiago for suggesting me to try orange and carrot juice combination, it was very refreshing. he makes me feel comfortable and makes sure to check if everything was okay. it's my fourth time in bangkok and i have to stay that this was the best hotel that i have stayed in. keep it up and hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Hotel_Rep, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your comments on InterContinental Bangkok as well as your fine compliment on our breakfast at Espresso restaurant which you found it was of an excellent standard and that our staff are friendly and helpful.

We would be most delighted to welcome you back to stay with us on your next visit to Bangkok. Please feel free to contact me personally to arrange your room reservation.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We chose InterContinental because of our friends recommended and I must say the experiences we recieved are surpassed our expectations. Decor arround the hotel are very modern, stunning lobby, spacious room size, beautiful swimming pool on the top floor, breath taking view at Club Lounge and not to mention about the services....incomparable and unobtrusive. Hotel staffs were friendly and wonderful especially at Club Lounge---truly the legendary Thai hospitality. We must thanks to Natt (Club Manager) who tried to assist us everything she possible cloud, Khatiya, Piyatida and the team who always remember where is our favorite sitting, drink and food....we can't say anything more but we'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Book Club room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is always nice to hear good comments from our guests.

We are glad that you like our rooms, facilities and location. We are also delighted that you found the service at our Club InterContinental was of a great standard and that our staff are friendly and helpful. We will strive to ensure each and every guest’s stay is enjoyable.

Thank you once again and we hope we will have pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

This review goes to both the Holiday Inn Bangkok and Intercontinental Bangkok on Ploenchit Road as they are adjoining, and one of the same when it comes to ownership, management attitdue, and staff performance. I am a regular visitor of Bangkok, 39 times since April 2006 (that's the count of the entry stamps on my current passport, I lost count of the previous trips that go back as far as 1988) and Holiday Inn Bangkok is one of the many Bangkok hotels (18 to be exact) that I often stay at. I have left comments on other website about how convenient it is to stay at the Holiday Inn Bangkok as it is centrally located with Sky train only 1 minute from this Ploenchit Road hotel and within walking distance are all the major shopping centers.
But what I would like to pay compliments to this time is on the genuine,sincere, and caring attitudes all the way from the top down from the owners to the front line staff. I had originally booked and paid for my lodging at the Holiday Inn (about 2/3 cheaper rate than Intercontinental) but when I arrived on the 15th, they upgraded me to the Intercon next door. At first I thought may be the Holiday Inn was overbooked, but later on I found out from the staff that management did it for the regular guest as an appreciation of our regular patronage (it was my 2nd trip of the month). Needless to say, I think that reflects on how much they value and care for their guests. And every single one of the staff from the door to the floor, and even the contracted security staff had demonstrated a genuine caring attitude you cannot find anywhere else. My sincere thanks to all them for making my stay a pleasant and enjoyable expereince eventhough they are suffering through a rough and miserable time themselves during this flood. My special thanks would go to Ms. Laila and Ms. Kook at the front desk as they had really been most helpful.

Room Tip: Just about any room at the Intercon would do as they all have great view of the city.

Dear Reviewer,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on the tripadvisor review regarding your recent visit to our property.

We are extremely delighted to see that you enjoyed and happy with all the aspects of our hotel. It is most rewarding to learn that our facilities and service are appreciated by our guests. We will do our best to keep up the standard of our facilities and services.

Once again, thank you very much for your observations, recognition and fine compliments for our staffs. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at InterContinental Bangkok

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed there on the 17-Oct & 20-Oct. However for some reasons after check in on the 20-Oct, I had to leave & I'd requested the hotel to bill me for that night that I had intended to stay. However the reception gladly cancelled my reservation. The concierge even went as far as checking & re-scheduling my flight for the same night. it's things like this that distinguish Intercontinental service from the rest.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Toon18
Hotel_Rep, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you had a wonderful experience during staying with us. Your compliment on staff and service is really appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

This is a very stylish, swank hotel ideally located near the Gaysorn, Central World and Siam Paragon Malls, close to the Chit Lom and Siam Skytrain stations. Plush, comfortable, with excellent facilities, especially the top-floor fitness center.

Unfortunately, the management of this hotel substantially damaged my experience by concealing the true daily room rate until I checked out. Upon my departure, the front desk clerk revealed that the corporate rate that I was quoted at the time I made the reservation, and that was confirmed at the time I checked in, was not the real, full daily room rate they intended to charge.

The bill I was presented with at checkout contained an additional 10% daily 'Service Fee', beyond the agreed-upon room rate. The outrage here is in the fact that this was only disclosed at the very last moment, when the bill was presented for settlement. I protested very firmly that 'You should never surprise a guest with mandatory charges that you did not disclose at the time the reservation was made!'.

Although the clerk looked worried and upset, she did not do the right thing and offer to take this surprise charge off the bill; instead, she simply said she would report my concern to management.

I have no idea whether this 10% Daily Service Fee is something the hotel charges all guests, or whether it was something I was specifically targeted to pay for some reason.

There is simply no excuse for this kind of dishonest management practice -- it is unethical, pure and simple. I went back to the original reservation confirmation when I had a chance to pull it up, and sure enough, there was absolutely no mention of such a 10% daily surcharge. Nor was there any mention of it at the time I checked in -- but it would have been just as unacceptable to wait until check-in to disclose such an extra charge.

As I was standing there protesting the situation upon checkout, the clerk inadvertently showed me the form I signed on check-in, which duly acknowledged my corporate rate, exactly as shown on my reservation -- but when I pointed out that there was no mention anywhere on that form of the 10% daily service charge, she just looked embarrassed, but offered no explanation.

When a hotel offers a daily rate at the time a reservation is made, the customer absolutely has a right to expect that rate to be honored, and absolutely has a right to expect that any additional mandatory charges be revealed right then -- at the time the reservation is made -- NOT at the front desk, either upon arrival or departure.

5  Thank NYWorldtrekker
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I had breakfast at espresso restaurant it's very fastantic I never had. All staff very nice

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Fjong

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words. We are also delighted that you found our breakfast was of a great standard and that our staffs are friendly and helpful.

Thank you once again and we hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.