“excellent everything”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #18 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 December 2011

excellent location, room, facilities, service.. real 5* with asian excellent service. I have no issue at all with this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on room, facilities and service of InterContinental Bangkok. We would be most delighted to welcome you back to stay with us on your next visit to Bangkok.

Please feel free to contact me personally to arrange your room reservation.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

I cannot recommend this hotel more. My husband, 2 year old daughter and I stayed here and everything was 5 star. The club lounge was first class and was the best i have seen. When they say they make cocktails they mean it and canapés, afternoon tea and breakfast was excellent. Service outstanding, rooms modern, pool lovely and very central to all the nice shops. I will stay there when next in bangkok for business.

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad to hear that you, your husband and 2 years old daughter had a wonderful experience during staying with us. Your compliment on room, facilities, staffs and especially the service at Club InterContinental is really appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I was deeply impressed by Intercontinental Bangkok's Instant Service. Whenever I requested something it got immediately and properly addressed. Even more impressive was that each time I got a phone call from Instant Service shortly afterwards enquiring if my request had been fulfilled. Once, when some minor problem with the air-con was corrected during my absence I had a message under the door when I returned informing me that the technicians had checked everything and it should be in order now, which it was.

This is truly Five-Star!

Overall I liked the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the accommodation a lot.

Only slight disturbance was the packed Club International Lounge over the weekend. But the service and atmosphere there was nice too.

I also like Balcony Lounge, Fireplace Grill and Charm Thai (Holiday Inn) a lot and am a regular guest there during my longer stays in Bangkok when I am living in a serviced apartment.

I would recommend Intercontinental Hotel and its Bar and Restaurants to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank whmch

Dear Guest,

Your beautiful comment on the staff especially our Instant Service Team served as further inspiration for us to do what we do best which is providing memorable experiences for our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel. It is our great pleasure to know that we met your expectations and have created a delightful experience for you.

Thank you once again. We look forward to your next visit at InterContinental Bangkok.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Great location, very nice lobby, wonderful swimming pool and fitness center (what a view from the treadmills!), extraordinary club (service and food quality --and views-- are just perfect), rooms are spacious, comfortable and and well decorated, concierge services very professional. Not an inexpensive hotel, but the price is more than competitive: Overall, one of the best values we have stayed in anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: If you are not an ambassador, upgrade the room to have access to the IC club in the last floor; it...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cane_Cattivo21

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. It brings us great pleasure knowing that our staff help to make your stay a memorable experience. We all send our regards and appreciation to you for the recognition. We are also delighted to not only meet your product and service expectations but also to provide you the value for the price you paid staying in our hotel.

We at InterContinental hope to see you again in the future and be of service to you once again.

Krissana Uthaisri,

Reviewed 8 December 2011

Read the good reviews and decided to try the Intercontinental this time, but were disappointed. Arrived during absolute low season, flooding still an issue and not many guest’s, but still the rather indifferent receptionist bluntly declared “full occupancy” and no recognition on any level of the Platinum membership I have. Room was nice, but old, bed comfortable. No free WiFi, although I was told, I could go down in the lobby, where there was. Breakfast was OK, but not what I have experienced in other 5 star hotels, and when I asked where the sparking water was, it was only available at a hefty extra charge. I checked out and moved to the Crowne Plaza, which had nicer staff, better price and was a more pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We are now reviewing each of the issues you had raised to our attention. Obviously, we did not meet your expectation on your previous visit with us which we must apologize you on this. Please rest assured that we will improve all the shorfall areas as mentioned in order to serve you better and ensure of your great stay experience next time.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

This is the second time that we stay at InterContinental Bangkok and we must say that we already fall in love with it. The hotel had a great location, modern decor, relax atmosphere, breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktail were also a delight, amazing view from Club Lounge and top roof swimming pool.

Not to mention about the service, the service at Club Floor is splendid, the staff takes special care of every need. If you do stay at Club room, you gain access to the Club Lounge which I would say is experiencing in itself. You will never fell left alone in this place.

Room Tip: book club room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Hotel_Rep, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is always nice to hear good comments from our guests.

We are glad that you like our service, facilities and location. We are also delighted that you found our breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails at Club InterContinental on 37th floor were of the great standard and that our staffs are friendly and helpful. We will strive to ensure each and every guest’s stay is enjoyable.

Thank you once again and we hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

This is a great hotel located in downtown Bangkok. Close to shopping and great food in the Siam Square area. Easy access to the malls and street vendors.

The service was excellent as we had to check out later because our flight was at 11pm. They held our bags and let us check out 3 hours later complementary.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan W

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your nice review. We are truly happy to learn that you had a great stay experience while staying with us. Your compliment on our location and service is really appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.