I travelling to BBK for 4 days and I was suggested this hotel by a friend due to the fact that BBK is pretty congested in terms of traffic
so this hotel is close to all main shopping area. I found the hotel to be pretty good at the price its offered at being a five star and the location
it is on. I stayed at the Novatel at Siam centre earlier and it is not where close the Intercontinental in terms of comfort of stay and service.
It’s well located and about 15 minutes’ walk (skywalk) from the main shopping area - MBK, Discovery centre and paragon. The hotel has a decent coffee shop, nightclub and a restaurant. I
- Good location
- Good service
- Spacious and comfortable rooms
- Most shopping areas are in walking distance
- Staff is pretty friendly and gives a lot of attention to guest
- Area around the hotel has many daily needs shops, Starbucks and fast food joints
- Amazing night club in the hotel premises
- Good internet connection
- Don’t go for the SPA…its useless and nowhere close to what a good professional spa should offer.
In fact we had our SPA money refunded due to a super bad service.
- Breakfast is kind of "sad" and overcrowded making it "stressful"
- Bathrooms are kind of out-dated
- Hall ways are not kind of dark
- Taxi for the airport is an issue due to heavy rush outside the hotel as its on the main road
so i suggest you ask for a taxi at least 30 mins before plan to exit the hotel
I suggest this hotel for family travellers who are on short holiday and wish to have main attractions in bbk in walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the city's largest hotels, InterContinental Bangkok offers a refreshing take on modern luxury, providing guests with a unique cosmopolitan escape. With a BTS station on its doorstep, the hotel offers convenient travel to the city's major business district, while exciting shopping destinations and dining options are within easy walking distance. For a new level of luxury, experience the bespoke services of our exclusive 37th-floor Club InterContinental, while enjoying breathtaking views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Intercontinental