Thai hospitality exudes here... the staff are friendly and helpful...and they are always smiling. Here is an objective review.
1. The rooms are spacious and clean and comfortable. The mattress is on the soft side. Can overlook cos the room is so tastefully furnished. Simple elegance. The view was pretty good too.
2. The general internal appearance of the hotel is clean and tastefully furnished. The cavernous lobby was a joy to hang around. It makes me wanna have a few beers every time before going up to the room to sleep. :D
3. The 3-tiered cafe / dining area set up is a good idea. The set up gave plenty of light to come through and the 20-30ft glass surrounding the lobby made it feel like the outdoors - minus the heat and noise. I love the hustle and bustle of BKK but some quiet time is always welcomed. :D
4. The doormen are always helpful and made sure your luggage are attended to and the taxis are always waiting. Bottled water was always ready and complimentary.
5. The concierge and reception staff are wonderful. Helpful and courteous. Loved them. :)
6. The Lobby cafe staff servicing in the evening are always elegant and classy and friendly. These 3 things don't usually come together.... but the team at the lobby cafe in the evening pulled it off. :D
7. The breakfast can improve. Compared to Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur, the BKK hotel was about 50% behind. Intercontinental Kowloon also had poor breakfast selection.
Summary: Everything was spot on except for the super-soft mattress and the slightly below par breakfast.
Would I stay here again? Oh yeah...... :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the city's largest hotels, InterContinental Bangkok offers a refreshing take on modern luxury, providing guests with a unique cosmopolitan escape. With a BTS station on its doorstep, the hotel offers convenient travel to the city's major business district, while exciting shopping destinations and dining options are within easy walking distance. For a new level of luxury, experience the bespoke services of our exclusive 37th-floor Club InterContinental, while enjoying breathtaking views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Intercontinental