“Great hotel, again”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #18 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have stayed here a few times now and we still love it and think it is great value. The location is excellent, beds are comfortable, food is delicious and the service matches any great hotel we have stayed in. It far surpasses what you expect from an IC.
I have to say that the Grossi restaurant is wonderful as well. The memory of the tiramisu still delights me and I look forward to visiting again next time.
We would always consider this hotel when coming to Bangkok, it is that good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Kwanchai Y, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad, you had a wonderful experience during staying with us. Your compliment on our Hotel facilities, location, food quality and service is really appreciated.

Once again, appreciated of your beautiful comment and we look forward to welcoming you back soon at InterContinental Bangkok

Best regards,

Kwanchai Quincy Yokto (Mr.)
Assistant Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,293)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Well-equipped gym with energetic and helpful instructors. The pool is, however, a little bit too small. Cleanliness in the restroom need to be improved especially at the toilet. Urine spill can be usually spotted on the floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience with us.
Your kind compliments have been shared with our Infinity Fitness Team members and we have glad to hear that you enjoy your workout.

We always strive to provide a pleasurable stay for our guests and your given feedback is very important for us, as it helps to improve our service standard. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We have shared your valuable feedback with our Director of Housekeeping for improvements.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I love the positive magnetic feel sofa chair near the piano place.

Lemongrass tea and or ginger tea made by the hotel taste nice and enjoyable. Thank you to who ever prepare in the piano area. The staffs serve me the tea always carry big smiling face and I love to see those lovely smiling face. Those smiling faces are difficult to see in these few years of my life while travelling. They are so truthful and honest and lovely and they always surprice me with courtesy of tasty cookies.

If you stay in this hotel, I feel that you have to walk a few steps to 4 Faces Buddha and to make a donation of only 20 Thai baht to help 4 faces Buddah to build a buddah hotel, there you go 4 Faces Buddha will look after you and your family members. You and your family members will gain not only wealthy but happiness, healthy, safety, smart, intelligence, Good luck!!!

This Hotel is so considerate to me by putting music that swing my emotion to hell!!!!

Miss Ivonna, a white charming princess from Finland or overseas. She gave me an impression that she stand tall in the reception counter. Miss Ivonna is a considerate and lovely lady in this hotel and she joke with me and I love to see her lovely face. Miss Ivonna is a person that you can not or must not miss in this life. Her customer service is extremely good to great and I feel that she might contribute tremendously to the highest rate of customer return.

I met Miss Tawan, Miss Chomsuda, Miss Laila all 3 at 03.24 am. 3 pretty angels work like a charming little princess and better than Charlie angles. Can you imagine how great are they to manage their smiling faces nearly like a Buddha at 3am in the morning?

I love to swim in this hotel swimming pool. Even though the pool is small but I feel enjoyable while swimming in the pool. The swmming pool has no chemical and I love the strong bubble near the drinking seating area.

I love to see the big and humble smilling face of the door man or door boy. They always greet me with big smilling face like half moon. They always joke with me which I like or love. I noted that this hotel is so good to recruit handsome Thai man and pretty ladies. I just wander whether the boss like to see pretty and handsome faces.

Housekeeping in my room always very considerate to organise my clothing on the floor to the respective place on the table. Housekeeping are doing a wanderful job. Ai , keep up the good work!

I dont dare to touch or use the mini bar. Those are chargable. I better go to the opposite Starbuck for a cup of milk in the morning and walk a few step to grab a healthly tuna sandwich as well as papaya from the hawker. Tuna sandwich and papaya just next to a statute.

I love the smell of the hotel toilety product. The soup smell fresh like milk bar from San Franciso. I wish i can eat that. The whole set of shampoo, condition, body wash, lotion and cream smell good! Well done to the person who select the product. You deserve a 12 months bonus from the hotel.

Well, there are too much good points that I need to add. Unfortunately, i have to stop here and sleep. Good night and don't worry be happy.

To the boss of Intercontinental bangkok, If you see this message and if you have profit this year, please just give all the people 12 months bonus. They deserve it! Thank you!@@

Room Tip: Please give a tip of thai bath 20.00 to those you feel that their service is good!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment about our hotel facilities and service by our staff members at the guest contact areas. We are glad you had a wonderful experience. Your fine compliments to our hospitalities really appreciate and will share with our staff member

It is most rewarding to learn that our hotel facilities and hotel staff members are appreciated by our guests. We will do our best to keep up the standard to always meet and exceed our guest's expectations

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at InterContinental Bangkok

Kind regards,

Kwanchai Quincy Yokto (Mr.)
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have stayed twice in this hotel and apart from the quality of the hotel itself, the staff are wonderful. The hotel is also extremely well located in a nice part of the city and very close to a sky train station, on which you can travel all over the city avoiding the traffic jams.

We opted for a room with 'lounge' access, it even provides complimentary use of Ipads for the guests, which of course our 11 year old son loved!

If you take a room with lounge access, can highly recommend the 'steak and eggs' breakfast Mmmmm

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the stadium
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

It is great to hear you were impressed with our hotel facilities and service. We take enormous pride in our service and facilities, and it is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the Club InterContinental services and benefits.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Director of rooms

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Had the most fantastic 5 day stay. Staff are all so very helpful and friendly, they helped with organising local tours and helped in contacting local companies. the room was really comfortable with lovely beds and 13 choices for pillows. The pool area was a great place to hang out to keep cool and enjoy the city night line views over a refreshing mojito.
We ate at the loe bar one night and had some very nice curries.
It's very close to MBK, central world and Siam shopping centres.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: High up to see the city
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJay2412

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management team, thank you so much for sharing your stay experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are happy to read that your 5 day stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. We have shared your kind words with our Concierge Team and they were happy with your compliments. We are glad that you had an opportunity to select our pillow menu and had a good sleep.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind patronage and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to our property.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I am travelling all over the world. When I am in Bangkok my favorite Hotel is the InterContinental. The staff is very friendly and professional. After all the years they became like friends. For me everything is perfect in the InterContinental in Bangkok, the hotel, the restaurants, the facilities and the location.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with InterContinental Bangkok. It is our pleasure to hear that our associates look after you well all these years and are fully aware of your preferences.

We look forward to welcome you back to your favorite hotel in Bangkok City.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a great welcome and and throughout our stay all the staff, without exception, could not do enough for us - a smooth check-in, giving us with directions, suggestions and helpful tips about getting around the during the coup - the only evidence of which was the increased number of police and the odd sighting of a soldier or two.

It's near Jim Thompson House (a must see) and very conveniently situated for catching a train to the fabulous Sunday Market. As with all Intercontinental Hotels - great attention is paid to the comfort of the beds and the aircon is very quiet, so a peaceful night's sleep is ensured. We were tired after an eleven hour flight and had dinner our first night at Grossi, an excellent Italian restaurant based on the ground floor - delicious. There's also a truly fabulous open air pool on the top floor, great place to chill out for an hour or two. We always stay at Intercontinental Hotels whenever we can, and this is definitely one of the best - if not the best. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: try and get an upgrade to a corner suite - you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nice-Nous
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Intercontinental Bangkok. We are glad to read that your arrival experience has been pleasant and you had a good night rest in our well appointed rooms.

We have shared your compliments with our team members at the reception, concierge, food and beverage associates and they were pleased to learn of your kind recognition.

Once again, thank you very much for your patronage and we look forward to be your only choice of hotel in Bangkok.