“Best service!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #20 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
“Best service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Not only that this hotel is well located and offers five starts quality, the service we received was outstanding. I recommend to pay a little more and stay at the Club Level.
We will definitely return once we are back in Thailand.

Room Tip: It is worth to upgrade to a club room. Lounge is amazing!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank The_Chevalier
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience on Tripadvisor.

It is great to hear you were impressed with hotel’s location and service. We take enormous pride in our service and facilities, and it is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful in creating GREAT HOTEL GUEST LOVE.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Location is great, just below the BTS on the popular line. Linked by a overhead bridge to various shopping malls like Central World where food choices are in abundance.

Service is impeccable. The doormen to recep to bellboys were all very attentive. I love that the recep called me as soon as I got to the room to check that everything is in order.

Room is clean, huge and very warm (as in welcoming). Toiletries are "branded" and there's a variety of toiletries given.

I only had room service for my breakfast so can't comment much except that it's decent.

Only 2 CONs. IHG members get free internet, which recep didn't tell me until I produced my membership card. Getting a cab to go there or from there is a huge problem during peak hours. That's why the BTS helps.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your stay experience with us.

We are glad to hear that you were impressed with our Hotel’s location, service, room amenities and our people. Your kind compliments have been shared with our front office team members.

We always strive to provide a pleasurable stay for our guests and your given feedback is very important for us, as it helps to improve our service standard. We have shared your valuable comment with our Front Office Manager in regards to the complimentary internet connection offered as part of the IHG Benefit. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience caused.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had an enjoyable stay at Bangkok's InterContinental. I have stayed at the hotel before, even as far back as the days when it was the lovely Siam InterContinental, with its beautiful gardens.
I joined friends in Bangkok and selected the InterCon because of past, good experience.
Check in was smooth and I was upgraded to a better category room because I am a member of InterContinental's Ambassador club.
My room was large and very comfortable and offered a pleasantly large and comfortable bathroom with separate tub and shower. The TV was a flat screen with a 55 inch screen and once I mastered the air conditioning controls, I was comfortable.
The hotel staff were courteous throughout. But there were several minor issues that could add polish to the service.
1. The glass shelves in the bathroom were not cleaned during my stay, building up a collection of residue from my electric toothbrush.
2. The hotel really skimped on coffee for the coffee service. Where some hotels offer appliances such as Nespresso machines, InterCon still offered only instant coffee that really wasn't good.
3. The knife and fork provided were not cleaned for one whole day after being used and were still dirty when I left the hotel.
These may not seem major, but do make the difference between an excellent stay and a very good stay.
That said, staff were very helpful in booking an alternative to the hotel limousine for transport to the airport. The hotel offered a BMW at about $75. I preferred a Camry offered by AOT about $40. The hotel promptly booked the less expensive car and did so pleasantly, providing a written confirmation.
The hotel also offers a spa on one of the top floors and massages there are very good, though more expensive than one might find in massage paul ours outside.
The other staff, bell men, elevator guards and hotel restaurant staff were pleasant and efficient.
I enjoyed my stay at Bangkok InterCon and recommend it as a good place to stay and convenient and close to good shopping, the Sky Train, good restaurants, and other sights and sounds in a city that can be difficult to navigate because of its horrific traffic. That said, iT needs to pay some attention to detail to being itself up to a truly excellent standard.

Room Tip: As the Sky Train runs directly in front of the hotel, try for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tamarindwalk
HiruD, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your continue support to the InterContinental Bangkok and for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay.

It is great to hear you were impressed with the arrival experience, room facilities service provided by our associates. We have shared your kind compliments with our people and their personalized service and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

I further appreciate your feedback regarding the espresso coffee machines and I ensure you that we continually enhancing our product and will do more in the future to provide a comfortable and luxuries experience to our guests.

Please accept our sincerest apology in regards to the cleanliness, this has been shared and discussed in our Director of Housekeeping for greater guest stay experience.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hotel was modern with excellent service. Reception was very friendly and easy check in. I love the staff who took care of me very well. I will definitely stay here again whenever I come to Bangkok also I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear you were impressed with our hotel’s facilities and service. We take enormous pride in our service and facilities, and it is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

In my recent trip to Thailand, we stayed at Intercontinental Hotel.
Located along the shopping zone, Intercontinental Bangkok is just opposite of Central World (shopping) and 1 BTS train station away from Siam Center (shopping and good eateries).
Intercontinental is a full facilities hotel with gym, pool, restaurants and spa.
Ideal for anyone looking for a free and easy trip for shopping cum relaxation.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel and for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel and the
central location.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the InterContinental Bangkok for two nights. The rooms are absolutely amazing - well decorated, comfortable and clean. Service is flawless. The concierge (a lady who's name I can't remember) was extremely helpful and knowledgable about the city. She gave us plenty of insider tips on where to go, what to see and where to eat. All of her recommendations where spot on! The hotel is strategically well located. Bangkok's major shopping malls are all walking distance from the hotel if not next door. The MRT station is right in front of the hotel and a few blocks behind the hotel you will find one of Bangkok's many water canals for an authentic water bus experience. This hotel is definitely my address when staying in Bangkok!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Bangkok and for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay.

It is great to hear you were impressed with our Concierge associate on her knowledge and recommendations. We have shared your compliments with her and she was pleased to learn of your kind recognition.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind patronage and we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you to our hotel.

Spreckelsville, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

The InterContinental Bangkok hotel is a great place to hang out and enjoy yourself during a military coup.

The nationwide curfew made Bangkok nightlife a real challenge at the end of May 2014. Unless you wanted to spend your night watching a continuous loop of Thai Army Marching Band videos on your hotel room television, you really had to plan your night activities and stick to a tight performance schedule. All punting aside, we learned that you can really make the most of a difficult situation with a good plan and the right attitude. It also helps to practice your "I'm just a stupid farang who doesn't know any better. Long live King Pumipon!" response for the roving squads of police officers and soldiers detaining curfew violators in the streets.

Fortunately, the InterContinental Bangkok made some clutch adjustments. Management extended hours of operation at the restaurants and lounges. They were able to do this by requiring their employees to stay overnight piled up together in rooms at the Holiday Inn directly across the private driveway. I highly doubt you could ever pull that off in the United States. Let's hope we never find out.

As the other Trip Advisor posters have commented, the InterContinental Bangkok is a very clean and attractive hotel with that sense of crisp, quick, business-like efficiency in the air. The Thai nationals seem to like the InterContinental Bangkok hotel as well, so that's a good sign. There were plenty of [edit: very attractive young men and women who may work by day as objectified corporate spokesmodels]. At one point, there were so many of these dapper couples it felt like a prom for runway models had just ended and spilled out into the lobby and balcony lounge areas.

Now I'm the kind of guy who doesn't talk to other guys in the men's room. I'm there to do some business and get out. I don't want to have a urinal to urinal conversation, or worse, a stall to stall conversation. And I really don't like the creepy guys who squirt hand soap on you and then hand you a towel afterwards in the hopes of getting a tip. When did that custom start? That needs to end.

But there's something about a military coup, a declared national state of emergency, and the prospects of a civil war and a brutal military crackdown that really brings folks together. So I end up talking to the hand squirt guy about the military crackdown. He tells me what he knows about the curfew and recommends using the private access roads between the hotels so you only have to deal with the less aggressive hotel security personnel.

Then the manager walks in and starts chewing the fat with us. He proudly informs me that they're going to extend the hours of their F&B operations for their guests' benefit to make the lockdown experience more enjoyable.

Still bragging about the extended hours, the manager leads me out of the bathroom and guides me to the Humidor. [And no, I don't know why he was in the bathroom at all. And yes, I did tip the hand squirt guy 100 THB (or 50 baht per squirt).]

The Humidor Cigar Bar at the InterContinental Bangkok is an oasis of elegant tranquility right in the steamy, volatile, seething heart of Bangkok.

The Humidor Cigar Bar is serviced by two lovely cigar sommeliers who could double as [edit: objectified corporate spokesmodels] themselves if they wanted. Following a warm, proper wai greeting, Humidor patrons are invited to sit down in one of the many well-conceived, tastefully furnished, and well-ventilated seating areas. The menu has most of the Cuban legends and vintage spirits you'd expect, and a few specialties to boot. The cigar sommeliers do a great job with the presentation, expert circumcision, and lighting of your chosen stogie.

As the Thai Army motorized brigades and the Bangkok tactical operations police vehicles took control over the streets of Bangkok, I smoked my Cohiba Siglo VI and drank single malt scotch like a bon vivant aristocrat straight out of Chekhov's play The Cherry Orchard. I know, I know. You've had better vintage cigars than a Cohiba Siglo VI, and you think it is way too expensive. But let me tell you this in no uncertain terms, smoking a Cohiba Siglo VI in the Humidor at the InterContinental Bangkok during curfew is the best [edit: gosh golly] cigar experience you can have without ...

Room Tip: I would have slept in the Humidor if they let me.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends