“Excellent 5-star hotel stay in Bangkok”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #17 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Excellent 5-star hotel stay in Bangkok”
Reviewed 7 September 2009

This has been one of my many stay there in Bangkok this year and I've always wanted to stay there and no where else whether I am on business or leisure.

The location is excellent as mentioned by many reviewers and I dont need to tell you more. The hotel is very new and upmarket with their recent makeover and once you enter you could see it coming, the great ambience and surroundings.

One of my recent pleasant experience there is upon checking out on a wonderful Sunday morning after spending 3 working days (including Sat!) in Bangkok.

When I arrived at the lobby to check out, one of the friendly bell boy approached me and asked if I am checking out and whether I need a taxi to the airport and I say yes. There he goes with my luggage and I proceed to check out at the counter. In less than 5 mins, I am done checking out and there I saw, my taxi already at the entrance, with a line of staff greeting me farewell on my way out, and down to the bell boy whom has already put my luggage in the taxi, communicated to him my destination and door open just for me to hop in. What a wonderful feeling to go back and I am not even an elite or gold member there. They treat everyone so well and I would not hesitate to stay there again even if its for leisure and cost a bit more.

I would rate it my best stay in my travel in Asia so far. Keep up the good work there if Hotel Intercon sees this. Well done!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank chewwhs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Stayed here for 3 weeks whilst working in Bangkok. Really central and next to the skytrain so very easy to get around town from here. Staff were quite frankly amazing! Breakfast is pretty impressive too.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Clare_Sound
Manchester, UK
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Expensive but that's to be expected from a 5 star hotel. Everything else was perfect!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 29 August 2009

We stayed at the Bangkok Intercontinental for 4 nights. It was my first visit to Bangkok in 31 years. The city had changed considerably and the experience of walking into the Bangkok Intercontinental was just jaw dropping. From the opulently designed lobby to the spacious and impeccably clean guest room and great breakfast buffet, the hotel was an absolute delight. The staff was very gracious and the hotel manages to maintain a very relaxed atmosphere despite being steps away from the ubiquitous Bangkok traffic outside.

But for travellers who go to Bangkok to shop, the great thing about the Bangkok Intercontinental is that it's walking distance from two great department stores - Central and Central World. More important it's only a one skytrain stop away from what I consider as the best shopping mall in the world - the mammoth Siam Paragon.

At the end of our stay we treated ourselves by availing of the hotel's limousine service - a BMW Series 7. The ride to the airport cost about 2600 Baht or about US$76 which was a really classy way to end a holiday. Bravo Bangkok Intercontinental!

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank dualcitizen
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I have stayed here a couple of times. Most recently they were finishing off the refurb and while the bedrooms, spa and pool were open, the main bar, bakery cafe and restaurant had not re-opened. The rooms are an excellent Inter-Continental standard with great city views and I have always found the staff at Reception to be helpful, attentive and friendly. The bedrooms are spacious and have the separate shower and bath The roof top pool and bar is amazing but staff just need to be a little more attentive. On the most recent trip we went to the cookery class in the adjacent Holiday Inn thai restaurant and this was excellent value for money, educational and included a great three course lunch / dinner. The is a good choice of dining at the Inter-Continental, however we mainly had room service. Overall one of my favourite Inter-Continental hotels.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank BA1aSilverstar
toronto canada
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Went to this hotel in the middle of july, arrived at night to be greeted by'no one'. We had three rooms and 5 people but the clerk tried to do them all at once and confused the rooms and the people's passports over and over and over again. The process took 30 minutes, found our way to our rooms and they were pleasant enough but strangely configured.
Since i am gold member i was told my internet was free, it wasnt and upon checkout couldnt get satisfaction.
The girl on the checkout was the "meanest woman i have ever met in Thailand"
I was so disappointed in this hotel and had planned to use it more in the future because my business requires me to be there 30 plus nights a year.
I am going back to the Oriental or some of the other hotels who seem to appreciate your business.
People in the other rooms were treated shabbily as well so they are definitely constant about, poor service and a bad attitude.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
American
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Very impressed with the service at the hotel. The concierge was wonderful, helping us with directions, organizing cabs to/from koh samet, etc. The rooms were very nice and very clean. Overall, you can't go wrong. Will definitely stay here again when back in Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends