“Wow what a great experience”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #22 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I dont think I have ever been so impressed with Intercontinental Hotels as I was with this one. I am an avid fan of Intercontinental Hotels world wideand have always had great service, that is not to say everything is always perfect what it means is I have never left a Intercontinental Hotel not feeling 100% satisfied. I arrived at BKK airport after 22 hours flying time only to find the car and driver I had booked were not waiting for me. I was extremely upset and tired with 3 heavy suitcases. I spotted an IHG Holiday Inn representative at the airport and explained my situation. He immediatly called this company and helped me look for them. When we were unable to find them he called the hotel and arranged a car for me that picked me up within 5 minutes. Upon arrival at the hotel from the 1st person I met to the last person I saw when I checked out everyone was friendly and incredibly attentive. I highly reccomend this hotel and suggest you upgrade to the concierge lounge it is way worth it. I was so impressed with this hotel I emailed the GM to commend him on the excellent service I received. I will definately be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Hotel_Rep, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2011

Dear Khun Keithtmov,

Thank you very much for your recent visit with us. It is indeed a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay at InterContinental during your previous visit to Bangkok, especially, good impression with service from our Concierge. We would also like to thank for taking your valuable time to share your feedback on this review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Bangkok

Reviewed 1 March 2011

The stay was pleasant but two sore incidents make me consider staying in this hotel once again!

When I checked into my room upon arrival, all I wanted to take a quick shower to relieve the travel strains but I was appalled by the dirty towels in the bathroom! There were dirt on the towels! I figured that they were cleaning the air-con as as such perhaps a lapse in service level (I saw maintenance staff cleaning air-con vents in the corridor). I called to ask for fresh towels and they took a good half an hour to come! Moreover on the second day, the same thing happened and they were not even apologetic about it!

The most atrocious experience came on check-out day! I went for breakfast in the morning and retired to the room and subsequent dozed off. Got a call in the room at 12.40pm asking me if I am checking out. I apologized that I have overslept and said I would be down shortly. Guess what? they called at 12.45pm and 12.46pm again to remind me! I was rushing to pack up my stuff and the phone keep ringing, making me feel that I was overstaying my welcome and chasing me out!

The only fault was I did not take down the name of the person who called and even the front desk was not forthcoming and said they do not know who called my room!

For a supposedly 5-star hotel, these is totally RUBBISH!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear Khun Koonie23,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your recent visit with us as well as taking your valuable time to share your feedback on this review.

However, I regret to learn of your distisfaction from substandard services regarding the housekeeping service and the reminder calls on your departure date.

I would like to thank you for bringing the problems to our attention. Our aim is to provide all guests with efficient services expected from a luxury hotel but we have obviously failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences caused by this incident. Please rest assured that I will bring the issues to have a serious discussion with concerned departments in order to avoid future reoccurence.

I fully hope that the last experience will not deter you from using us again in the future and we would be grateful if you could notify me upon your next reservation, so my personal attention will be given to ensure of your great experience.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

If you do not know where to stay in Bangkok, you get to sleep at InterContinental. The mattress is so comfortable. I even wrote down the brand to order it back at home.

The lounge is awesome especially, the service outstanding. There is one dessert that you must try. The waitress brings the chocolate cover, pours the hot cocolate over it so that the chocolate cover melts and the vanilla ice-cream looks through. Wow.

This hotels is so good like the Fusion Maia Da Nang. I really recommend to spend a night or two at the InterContinental. You will love it. You can get on the near Sky-train quickly and go around.

The room views were so good... wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Khun Thenamhigirl

Thank you for your recent visit with us as well as taking your valuable time to share your feedback on this review.

We are happy to see that you had a great time with us as well as enjoyed the mattress and the service at our club lounge. It is also most rewarding to learn that our special efforts and personal attention which we provided are appreciated by our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Bangkok.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 25 February 2011

I booked this hotel over a transit weekend in Bangkok because I had a certificate for one weekend night free when booking one; it included the Club lounge as am a member of the ambassador club (which is separate fee). The room was very nice, great amenities like fresh fruit, water, and lovely bath products. The best part was the club lounge, which had a great breakfast including full menu; afternoon tea, and evening cocktails. I think you could have avoided going out to eat with all of this but who could refuse a wonderful thai dinner. The oasis pool was quiet and relaxing on a typical hot day in bangkok.
The location is within walking distance of many shopping areas if one wants to take advantage of that; the taxi fare to the airport ranged between 340-400 Thai baht and if traveling in the off-hours it is fairly quick to the downtown from the airport.
I would highly recommend staying here if you have a chance to layover more than one night, or if you have a longer trip am sure there is alot more to take advantage of in the city.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank allygirl60

Dear ,

It is indeed a pleasure to learn that you had a great time and enjoyed overall service at our Club InterContinental, room fearture, and amenities as well as Oasis Pool Bar. It is most rewarding to see that our special efforts and personal attention which we provided are appreciated by our guests.

We look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you back to InterContinental Bangkok.

Yours sicerely,

Reviewed 22 February 2011

An excellent luxury choice slap bang in the centre of bangkok. Convenient for shopping around central and paragon. Plus it is beside the BTS sky train. Newly refurbished. The bedrooms excellent value for money.

The Four seasons round the corner still has better restaurants. But there's a number of good choices within the hotel. But the new italian has slipped a great deal since it's initial opening. The buffet can be good in espresso. The chinese excellent. But always empty and a touch soulless. The fireplace grill as good as ever. And cigar bar is great for a smoke.

The pool is titchy and there are much better in bangkok. Emporium Suites has the best. The only other possible negative I can foresee is if there is a protest and the government starts shooting again. I'd check before you book that there are no forthcoming marches or protests, as it would be a nightmare getting to and from the hotel (especially with a flight) if the streets are jam packed with people.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Dear Khun Boomsnap,

I am very delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time durig your stay and also enjoyed dining in our outlets; Epresso, Fireplace Grill; steak house. We will definitely share your possitive comment to our members in Food and Beverage department.

Yours sicerely,

Reviewed 21 February 2011

this hotel has great location within walking distances and easy access to the the big malls. The club intercon package which I got is really value for money. You get free breakfast, internet, tea time and happy hour. The bed is great. The service is impeccable. Our rooms are always clean and they always leave extra bottles of water at night for us (which i really appreciate). The room's sound proofing could be improved as I can hear noises in the hallway and the other room. The pool is not their best asset as its just small but the location can't be beat. The BTS (subway) is just right outside the hotel. Overall will stay here again on my next trip to BKK. Be careful with taxi drivers though on BKK as they are notorious.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Khun Benzng,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us; especially, your experience at the Club InterContinental and daily room cleaning. Furthermore, I totally believe that your comment with the sound proofing will benefit us in order to improve our service. Please rest assured that we will bring it to concerned departments and our management for a proper solution in rectifying the problem.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2011

Why?
0 km away from the BTS sky train (best way to get anywhere in Bangkok) and the BTS is so connected to the MRT (subway network)
Walking distance to premium high end malls like the Central World, Siam Paragon, and Amarin Plaza.
Walking distance from MBK, Fashion mall Platinum and electronic mall Pantip Plz
Nice lounge (access for club guests): Add 600THB++ you get access for two and breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktail. VERY GOOD DEAL. As a comparison, the Tea Room by grand hyatt erawan (just accross the street), charges over 500++ for a comparable afternoon tea for two (excluding the eve cocktail and breakfast). Fresh squeezed orange juice used to be the standard oj served there, but recently I have to request the waitress to bring us some from the resto in second floor, they serve beer and wines for cocktail as well.
Excellent service (door man, concierge, receptionist, waitress), very hospitable
Recently renovated room. For executive club room, they install the latest model Sharp LED as of Feb 16 2011
Like most other interconti: super comfortable bed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Hotel_Rep, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2011

Dear Khun Wija,

Thank you very much for your recent visit with us as well as taking your valuable time to share your stay experience on this review.

I am very pleased to see that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed overall service from our staffs, food and beverage at the club lounge, our location and also hotel facilities especially our new in-room feature the latest model Sharp LED TV. It is most rewarding to learn that our special efforts and personal attention which we provided are appreciated by our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Bangkok in the near future.