“Horrible Check Out”

Holiday Inn Bangkok
Ranked #115 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Everything was seemed prefect just before the checking out, but I experienced the worst attitude of a staff I have never seen before.
Firstly, she looked very grumpy when I asked her the checking out procedure.
Secondly, she never even looked at the customer's face when she was saying something so that I could not find she was talking to me.
Thirdly she got angry when I asked her to repeat what she said because it was really hard to understand her pronunciation.

I am pretty certain that she is thinking she is the boss.
Just before this nightmare experience, everything was really perfect. I even thought this hotel has so sophisticated hospitality. But it was totally wrong.
Now I am pretty sure that I will never be back there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Taro1357
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Taro1357,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. We have sent you a private message with additional details.

Thank you again for your comments.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Don't stay here if you arrive from an international trip. They don't check you in before 2 pm, hence if you arrive after a 24 h trip at 10 am you can "sleep" in the lobby until your room is ready

Internet in the lobby is only available if you buy food or drinks

there are much better Hotels in t

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank skc888
santipong, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your review sharing your experience you had encountered on your previous visited at Holiday Inn Bangkok, Your comment is very important for us to improve our service to meet your exoectation, I will difinately share your comment with the team.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Alrdy twice stay here but still the reception was too slow in check~in process .
Even at my first time check in On November 2012, I have to wait till 3hours for my room . I reach hotel at 6pm amd quickly do checkin .. requested twin bed and they said its all full and if I dont mind maybe xan wait half an hour ... but end up waited till 3hours , what housekeeping they hve ? It was 9pm and I really need my room .. so I said its Ökaÿ if twin bed available ..
Second times was laat november .. its a peak season everyyear and I arrived at 2pm then same problem again .. I must wait for my room ! so i decided having lunch first nearby .. I came back on 4pm and they said my twin room alrdy for check in .. I was so happy then when I reach my room guess what ?! They gave me Double Bed !!! Why the hell i should wait for this room
Really poor for service .. I didn know its beacuse their limited english or else
For location its opposite of Erawan shrine and Chitlom BTS station so Thats why i chose this hotel .. But they really need service improvisation

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Jessica C
santipong, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your review sharing your experience you had encountered on your previous visited at Holiday Inn Bangkok, Your comment is very important for us to improve our service to meet your exoectation, I will difinately share your comment with our Front Office team to assure that this kind of unporofessional service will not repeat again.

I sincerely hope that, this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have stayed here before a few years ago. This time we spent four nights here before going to Myanmar and one on the return. We left luggage also. Excellent location with a sky train station right outside. We stayed on the executive floor and took full advantage of the happy hour in the lounge. The rooms are modern and very well appointed. The staff very friendly and welcoming. Would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank makxberr

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your reveiw on your previous visit at Holiday Inn Bangkok, Your comment is most vaulable for us to continue and maintain our service to meet your expectation, I will surely pass your great comment to all staff. Thanks again for your comment and we look forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed here for four nights. The room was clean. Service staff were very attentive, helpful and friendly. They did miss out on fetching my room mates from the airport who were flying in at a different time despite having given us an email confirmation. So best to also resend another email or call them to reconfirm if you are booking the hotel limo. I believe the issue has to do with their command of the English language. You can tell that they are trying very hard but there will be bound to some miscommunication. The hotel is right next to a skytrain station, so it gives you really easy access to other places of interest. It is also walking distance to palladium and platinum shopping centres (100 baht by tuk tuk - dont pay more than that) and also a number of other shopping centres. We were there at the height of the election fever and demonstrations but felt very safe with the extra securities that the hotel had put in place. Must mention that breakfast (included in room rates) was a very good spread of eastern and western and was held at the intercontinental hotel which is connected via a short bridge - not sure if this is the normal arrangement.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Suchada I, Manager at Holiday Inn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your great feedback reviews on your previous visit at Holiday Inn Bangkok, We are very delight to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Bangkok. Your feedback is a major key to keep our service consistency and meet level of guest satisfaction. Thanks again for your feedback we all looking forward to welcome you back again on your next visit.

Suchada Imsophan(Ms.)
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Excellent hotel and very well located to business and shopping areas of Bangkok. Very friendly staff and excellent breakfast.Rooms and neat and very maintained.

The lobby and coffee shop is very well done and the service is excellent

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank royamrit

Dear Valued guest

Thank you very much for your feedback on your previous stay at Holiday Inn Bangkok, we all glad to hear that we make your stay most convenience and enjoyable on our hotel location and superb service provided by hotel staff. Thanks again for sharing your experience during your stay with us and we look forward to serve you again while you are visiting Bangkok.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We are a family of 6 adults and we stayed here just before New Year and again on the 10th and 11th January. The hotel is ideally located with the Metro, Sky-Walk, Cabs and Tuk Tuks all readily available. The Hotel made us very welcome and we had great rooms. The pool is really lovely and needed after a long flight. Breakfast is great, though the choice of restaurants nearby is huge and many within a 5 minute walk. We really enjoyed our stay and appreciated the advice of the concierge who was just so friendly and helpful......we would definitely recommend this Hotel!

Room Tip: There are a few Holiday Inn's in Bangkok and as noticed in another review, taxi's drivers ar...